Idea for Mod!!! (If its even possible?)

Talk about projects in development or experimental mods...
lavabolt
Hatchling
Hatchling

Idea for Mod!!! (If its even possible?)

Unread post by lavabolt »

I had this idea that it would be super cool if you could paint each individual part of a creature for crazy colorful creatures! I dont really know anything about modding at all but i thought it would be a really cool idea, if it is even possible to do? And also maybe there can be a mod for a hardcore mode, where if you die you die forever.... idk, just a random idea i had! :D

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Idea for Mod!!! (If its even possible?)

Unread post by Vallachan »

Sadly, coloring each part differently is currently not possible. On the bright side, I have made a mod called the "Color Pack" which adds different colored bumps to the creature editor which you can add to your creature to add extra splotches of color. (Shameless self plug)
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
H3xx
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by H3xx »

Would it be possible to add the materials from the vehicle and building editor to the creature editors? Such as the metal and stone textures? I don't mean on different parts, but as different paints.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Nope.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
kendre
Cell
Cell

Unread post by kendre »

lavabolt wrote:I had this idea that it would be super cool if you could paint each individual part of a creature for crazy colorful creatures! I dont really know anything about modding at all but i thought it would be a really cool idea, if it is even possible to do? And also maybe there can be a mod for a hardcore mode, where if you die you die forever.... idk, just a random idea i had! :D
arent you supused to be in the ''mod request''? *drinks his can of guarana*
''Din't your mama told you to not play wifh matches?''
tha'ts what he said!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

kendre wrote:
lavabolt wrote:I had this idea that it would be super cool if you could paint each individual part of a creature for crazy colorful creatures! I dont really know anything about modding at all but i thought it would be a really cool idea, if it is even possible to do? And also maybe there can be a mod for a hardcore mode, where if you die you die forever.... idk, just a random idea i had! :D
arent you supused to be in the ''mod request''?
Yes...though some people seem to not know that the "mod request" subforum even exists...
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “[WIP] Work In Progress”