Godspore Mod

Talk about projects in development or experimental mods...
Eternity's Edge
Creature
Creature

Godspore Mod

Unread post by Eternity's Edge »

This mod will be an edit of BetterSpore with parts from various other mods. I'm not currently sure if I want to edit the GUI much as the Betterspore GUI is quite good... But I plan on editing some of it.

The biggest changes will be to the archetypes, (especially space). The text will be heavily changed as well to make it less... Lame.

This is a work in progress and I am about 1/4 done. I am in college though so my modding has been put on the back-burner somewhat.
Last edited by Eternity's Edge on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Godspore Mod

Unread post by rob55rod »

Alliram wrote:This mod will be an edit of Betterspore with parts from various other mods. I'm not currently sure if I want to edit the GUI much as the Betterspore GUI is quite good... But I plan on editing some of it.

The biggest changes will be to the archetypes, (especially space). The text will be heavily changed as well to make it less... Lame.

This is a work in progress and I am about 1/4 done. I am in college though so my modding has been put on the back-burner somewhat.
Hmm...I'm curious. But someone will hammer you into a 'thief'-flavored pancake if you don't give LARGE AND OBVIOUS credit to everyone who contributed to betterspore. There is a list of BetterSpore devs somewhere here:http://sporedum.wordpress.com/better-spore/. I just tested the link as of posting this.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Eternity's Edge
Creature
Creature

I am aware of the "thief" thing, but if people care that much about DIRECT credit... Then I might not bother posting the mod at all.

That being said, I believe the "edit of BetterSpore" covers everyone who worked on BetterSpore sufficiently. If anyone says "an edit of GodSpore" (if it is re-edited by someone) I won't throw a fit about them not giving me credit.

Thanks for the heads up though, I suppose.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

rob55, if you are talking about me, I'll don't say anything if you say "edition of BetterSore" or something like that. Saying "this is completely made by me" is different.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:rob55, if you are talking about me, I'll don't say anything if you say "edition of BetterSore" or something like that. Saying "this is completely made by me" is different.
I was just trying to prevent what happened with "DuskSpore" from happening again.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Eternity's Edge
Creature
Creature

Oh hey! I forgot that I had posted about my lame, old version of this mod as an edit for BetterSpore. I lost the files for the original a long time back though so I had to start over from scratch.

Perhaps that was a good thing though as now I have more original content on it. That said, I use one asset from BetterSpore: The background for my Pirate Archetype is one from there. I believe BetterSpore used it as a background for the Wanderer archetype.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “[WIP] Work In Progress”