Choc's Hut Editor

Talk about projects in development or experimental mods...
vanillacold

Choc's Hut Editor

Unread post by vanillacold »

A small-ish mod which adds a hut editor.
To use it, go into the early creature creator via the Create menu. (It doesn't replace the in-game one.)

The huts for use in the hut editor are parentless, like building parts.
The building editor part manipulators can be used in the hut editor. (Hold shift to freely move any part on the X and Z axes, hold ctrl to freely move any part on the Y axis)

Warning: Textures don't function outside of the editor if highrestexturelevel is enabled. Once enabled, there's no way to fix it other than restarting Spore.

Download:
!!!!!!!ChocIce75_HutEditor.package
Working Textures update!
(18.57 MiB) Downloaded 1761 times
Outdated versions, for archival purposes:
Spoiler
!!!!!!!ChocIce75_HutEditor.package
Flag Update
(19.65 MiB) Downloaded 741 times
Last edited by vanillacold on Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Landon
Cell
Cell

Re: Hut Editor Proof-Of-Concept

Unread post by Landon »

Amazing, now all we need is a way to import it ingame (and maybe some more parts!)

Awesome mod!
Tubbybloxian
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Tubbybloxian »

This is a mod that is supposed to be a remake of a Hut editor that was shown in Spore's demo, right?
These might give you ideas on what the hut editor should have.
Also:
(Even though this was from Spore's 2005 demo, it gives you detail on what the parts of the hut editor should be)
vanillacold

Tubbybloxian wrote:This is a mod that is supposed to be a remake of a Hut editor that was shown in Spore's demo, right?
These might give you ideas on what the hut editor should have.
(Even though this was from Spore's 2005 demo, it gives you detail on what the parts of the hut editor should be)
I actually didn't know about what the hut editor was like, good to know that my proof-of-concept is similar to the old one.

New update coming out soon, it makes the huts save as buildings instead of creatures, allowing players to view them, albeit without textures, since I don't know how to make them work.
Hopefully, someone with more experience with C++ will find a way to make custom huts usable and to make them keep their textures outside of the editor.
I tried using building skinpaints, but the textures were just broken as skinpaints.
I made a thread in the "Mod Help" subforum about it.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
vanillacold

New update is out.
It adds new huts while also fixing bugs and making huts save as buildings instead of creatures.

vanillacold

[h2]Status update![/h2]
Spore_2019-03-21_16-30-56.png
I've done some more work on the hut editor today, specifically on new parts.
I'm currently adding decals so that players can customize their huts even more. However, I need some help, since I can't find many models which fit in with the tribal stage.
If you know of a model from Spore which could be used as a decal, please tell me the name and the location. (e.g 0x02E5038D.rw4 in animations~, which is an egg pen.)

I'm also attempting to add a way for players to use their huts in the tribal stage, although I'm not doing very well right now.

vanillacold

[h1]New update![/h1]
The base huts now have part icons!
11 new decals are now available for customization!

The next update will contain more decals and the last "official" hut editor category, banners.

Tubbybloxian
Tribal
Tribal

Re: Choc's Hut Editor

Unread post by Tubbybloxian »

This thread is dead.

Also why were your 6 posts removed in the latest change?

I mean like, I remember the posts that you made had 152, but now it's 146. What happened?
vanillacold

Tubbybloxian wrote:This thread is dead.

Also why were your 6 posts removed in the latest change?

I mean like, I remember the posts that you made had 152, but now it's 146. What happened?
1. This mod isn't dead, it's just that I'm not working on it. The latest version is currently in beta and can only be downloaded from Discord.
2. Idk, perhaps another thread was deleted?

Thrivergod
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Thrivergod »

I know i'll love this mod. By the way, could you point me to any mods that lengthen some of the stages?
Thrivergod
Cell
Cell

I know i'll love this mod. By the way, could you point me to any mods that lengthen some of the stages?
Thrivergod
Cell
Cell

Didn't mean to post twice
vanillacold

Thrivergod wrote:I know i'll love this mod. By the way, could you point me to any mods that lengthen some of the stages?
Solar Spore makes the creature stage longer and I'm working on another mod which makes the tribal stage harder, thus making it longer. Stay tuned for that one.

New update is out, adding some flags.
Still experimenting with ways to get huts to texture properly. (get it?)

otmtmn
Cell
Cell

Unread post by otmtmn »

Neat. I'd like if you fixed the textures. It works the best with G/A (Galactic Adventures). If you scroll far, then it'll fix the textures. Could you make it so that we can color it, like, a custom color?
vanillacold

otmtmn wrote:Neat. I'd like if you fixed the textures. It works the best with G/A (Galactic Adventures). If you scroll far, then it'll fix the textures. Could you make it so that we can color it, like, a custom color?
I probably could add colouring to the editor, but the textures thing is really confusing. Sometimes, I can get them to work perfectly in adventures. Other times, they're just white. (that is, when loaded in via an adventure)

otmtmn
Cell
Cell

Unread post by otmtmn »

I found something weird about the textures of the huts.

If you go in the Building editor, load a hut, remove the hut then put a random building element down, the color of the building element is a checker pattern.
vanillacold

New update! This update makes hut textures work in-game!

They still don't work in the Sporepedia preview, but they work everywhere else now!
There's also a new button in the Edit menu, but it does nothing rn.
(Next goal is to somehow add the ability to swap the hut in the Tribal Stage to a user-made one.)
Spore_2020-01-27_15-46-11.png

vanillacold

Progress update! I've decided that just adding each hut as a part isn't really enough for a proper editor, so I've started splitting huts into several parts. I'm also adding hut-based paints and some paintable varients of the hut parts.

In addition to all this, I decided to change the general look of the editor, as you'll see in the GIFs below:
Spoiler
GIF 12-06-2020 5-54-00 PM.gif
GIF 11-06-2020 3-29-38 PM.gif
GIF 11-06-2020 6-56-46 PM.gif
GIF 10-06-2020 10-08-53 PM.gif

XRealX
Cell
Cell

Unread post by XRealX »

Any progress on making this work in Tribal Stage?
vanillacold

XRealX wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:59 am Any progress on making this work in Tribal Stage?
Unfortunately, no. Tribes aren't supposed yet by the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit, so there isn't really anything I can do to make them work in the tribal stage yet

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “[WIP] Work In Progress”