[PRE-ALPHA RELEASE] Branching Evolution

Talk about projects in development or experimental mods...
Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Re: [PRE-ALPHA RELEASE] Branching Evolution

Unread post #41 by rob55rod » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:41 pm

GerbilCrab475 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:They're both skin-based editors, so yes, that would work, although I currently have no intentions of doing so.

Aw darn, I would love to use some of those wacky branch parts for limbs. The decorative parts could pretty much only be used for plant creatures though, which could still be interesting. However, your mod, your choices.

Well if someone else wants to, they have my full permission to do so...although I'd recommend they hold off until Branching Evolution is finished...

GerbilCrab475 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:By default, they're not visible in either case, because the models don't exist anymore. I've been fixing the parts by pulling the models from the pre-baked Maxis flora models. It's a royal pain in the rear to do, hence why it's taking so long...I often find I get discouraged rather quickly, and end up moving to another project :/

It sounds like you're doing the job of what would take a team to do with this mod. Pretty much the only issue is the invisible part problem (and the easily avoidable crashes I guess) so don't get too discouraged. There's some real progress here and it could lead to the production of even more mods. I wish you luck. If there's any way I can help I will.

Well if this needs a team, does that mean DI needs an AAA studio...? :lol:

Corporal

Corporal

ThatDemonDavid
Zodiac: Libra

Re: [PRE-ALPHA RELEASE] Branching Evolution

Unread post #42 by ThatDemonDavid » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:42 am

I got the plants spawning in the game (I don't know how) but, they have a game-breaking collision box. My creature can't walk even remotely close to any of the plants and when they are near your nest it can mean you can't evolve.

Return to “[WIP] Work In Progress”