[Version 1.2] Groxxy's Various HD Texture Mods

Mods that combine many smaller mods or lonely mods that just have no place to go...
Insanegrox
Private
Private

[Version 1.2] Groxxy's Various HD Texture Mods

Unread postby Insanegrox » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:12 pm

Wait a second, nobody's made a HD texture pack for spore? I suppose I should fix that...
So this page is essentially a hub for all of my HD texture mods, including my HD creature part textures from a while ago, am I boring you with text? okay I guess I can just give you the link and some screenshots.
NOTE: Lower end video cards are completely unsupported, this mod is made for use with 1440p-4k resolutions, GTX 1050 or AMD Radeon RX 570 reccomended. (older cards may still work just fine though).

Filesizes:
Spoiler: show
Galaxy skins: 24.5 MB/34.4 MB
Decals: 538 MB
Meshes: 536 MB
Particles: 154 MB
Parts: 241 MB
Planet Textures: 106 MB

Known Issues:
Textures may twitch in the cell editor (I'm not sure if there is a viable fix for this, low priority)
Creatures loaded pre-install or pre-update will use their old textures, the only known fix for this is to delete the graphicscache.package files inside of your save folder.
flowers look cursed this isn't a problem, this is just a case of 2x2 pixel flowers being what we are all used to.

Reccomended Modifications & Dependancies
* = Required for full effect
*Sneky's Graphics Fix (2048x version preferrably)
*Shiny Textures fix (2048 or 4096x preferrably)
60FPS fix
4k Resolution mod (if you have a 4k monitor)
4 GB Ram Patch (For Stability reasons) ( viewtopic.php?f=125&t=9424 )
Reshade.me (Preferrably with Marty mcfly's raytracing shader if your PC can handle it), I would also suggest using SSAA, and if you can't handle raytracing or don't have the money, use MXAO, Dithering/debanding might also help in darker areas including space.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11zZFIJRqaShLsQJQY1M2vOp1lFO6XYIG
Install whatever components you want, all are compatible with eachother except the galaxies, look in the screenshots if you want to see the differences between galaxy skins. (Beta branch will obviously be messy and bugfilled)
Screenshots
HD Galaxy (Milky Way Version)
HD Gallaxy (Vanilla Version)
Vanilla Galaxy with no mods (for comparison)
NOTE: Alpha clipping is a development bug, and doesn't appear in current version.
Finally, those ugly blob flowers are gone.

Changelogs
HD World Textures

Update 10/10/19 [1.1], Added GA textures, fixed some effects, fixed the grey sky bug on some hardware, improved space effects, added lots of particle effect textures.

Update 10/15/19 [1.2], Worked on a lot of particles, drastically improved flower textures (they are no longer 1 pixel dots, instead they are fully detailed flowers), added more decals, including the hyper epic fossil decal, improved water textures significantly.
--------
HD Part Textures

(8/25/2018)First Version

(date unknown)Creepy & Cute/AO Patch: Adds some much needed lighting to existing textures, fixes The Grox bumpmaps so look a bit more like metal, Adds more parts including Creepy & Cute Parts.

(9/30/2019) Overhaul/Redux Update: Adds many extra textures, and compresses file size down.

[10/10/19] 1.1 Overhauled Skinpaints & Some Tint Maps, added GA part textures.

[11/18/19] 1.2 Seperated the HD world textures component into 5 seperate components including particles, world textures, decals, mesh reskins, and other things, re-textured the tribal huts, improved distant star particles, re-did some space dust particles, added lots of GA part textures, and to top it all off, I added cake, which is a lie.
Last edited by Insanegrox on Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 27 times in total.

Shino
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Re: Groxxy's Various HD Texture Mods

Unread postby Shino » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:19 pm

If only it was compatible with Sneky Galaxy...
--fr though, this is fucking awesome looking. Certainly one to go into the data folder.
wait what oh yeah forums have these things

Insanegrox
Private
Private

Unread postby Insanegrox » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:26 pm

Shino wrote:If only it was compatible with Sneky Galaxy...
--fr though, this is fucking awesome looking. Certainly one to go into the data folder.

Actually the galaxy textures are a seperate package, so you CAN use it with sneky's galaxy, though the galaxy itself won't look as good as a result without manually re-coloring the HD versions using SMFX.

Serujio16
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby Serujio16 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:19 am

This mod work in adventure editor?

Insanegrox
Private
Private

Unread postby Insanegrox » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:59 am

Serujio16 wrote:This mod work in adventure editor?

Most of the textures replaced appear in spore's campaign (cell-space stage), however a majority of these textures are shared between that and galactic adventures, this doesn't add any GA roads or anything, and doesn't replace them either at the moment, however GA road replacements are planned.

Insanegrox
Private
Private

Unread postby Insanegrox » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:13 pm

Insanegrox wrote:
Serujio16 wrote:This mod work in adventure editor?

Most of the textures replaced appear in spore's campaign (cell-space stage), however a majority of these textures are shared between that and galactic adventures, this doesn't add any GA roads or anything, and doesn't replace them either at the moment, however GA road replacements are planned.

Disregard, All GA Road textures have been replaced as of this message.

Return to “Miscellaneous Mods”