Foul Random Names Mod

Mods that combine many smaller mods or lonely mods that just have no place to go...
Frankie Mustang
Cell
Cell

Foul Random Names Mod

Unread post by Frankie Mustang »

Attention: This is a direct modification of, and as such it replaces, an official Maxis package file that is part of the game. Make sure you back the original up before installing this mod!

This is a mod of the Name Generation package file which removes the word blacklist and adds some new, foul words to the pool for the algorithm to use. As such, your game can now swear at you with randomly generated names. I did not remove existing words for the algorithm to use so when it does happen, it's rare, fresh and hilarious every time.

Obviously, since this mod gives your game the ability to curse, download with discretion. Definitely pass if you are offended by swear words.

To use it, navigate to (Core Spore) Data > Locale > en-us. Copy NameGeneration.package to another folder, then place this mod in the en-us folder. Delete the original from en-us then rename the mod to just NameGeneration. Make sure you have a package file named EXACTLY "NameGeneration.package" and nothing else, or else you will get the BAD_DATA glitch!

This mod is for the en-us NameGeneration package; on request I will take the blacklist out of other languages as well.
Attachments
NaughtyNameGeneration.package
(68.36 KiB) Downloaded 417 times

Frankie | Female | Space Alien
I-am-THEdragon
Creature
Creature

Re: Foul Random Names Mod

Unread post by I-am-THEdragon »

This has comedic potential! I recently took a look through the blacklisted names list, and it was an interesting and amusing read. There were some very vulgar words in that list, such as...
Spoiler
'Porridge', 'Raincoat' and 'Lunchbox'. :|
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Miscellaneous Mods”