[WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Mods that combine many smaller mods or lonely mods that just have no place to go...
User avatar
eme12
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby eme12 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:26 pm

Camßεn wrote:I'm not sure if you understood what he just said... Because he literally just said that the problem was not making the effect.

The problem was that there is no way to play a blood effect in creature stage, because there is nothing in the game that is set up to allow an effect to play when a creature is injured.

That's not at all what I said...

I said that the cell stage blood effect could possibly be made so that it plays in the creature stage at the same point it does in cell; when an organism is killed. Then to combat what GIRGHGH said about how it'd just look like a cloud of pink, it could maybe be retextured to look like more like real blood.
Image

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3821
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby rob55rod » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:29 pm

UndeadGaming606 wrote:
Camßεn wrote:I'm not sure if you understood what he just said... Because he literally just said that the problem was not making the effect.

The problem was that there is no way to play a blood effect in creature stage, because there is nothing in the game that is set up to allow an effect to play when a creature is injured.

That's not at all what I said...

I said that the cell stage blood effect could possibly be made so that it plays in the creature stage at the same point it does in cell; when an organism is killed. Then to combat what GIRGHGH said about how it'd just look like a cloud of pink, it could maybe be retextured to look like more like real blood.

*sigh* I will repeat what Camßen and I said, again: We can't play an effect whenever something dies in Creature Stage. End of story.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
eme12
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby eme12 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:27 pm

rob55rod wrote:
UndeadGaming606 wrote:
Camßεn wrote:I'm not sure if you understood what he just said... Because he literally just said that the problem was not making the effect.

The problem was that there is no way to play a blood effect in creature stage, because there is nothing in the game that is set up to allow an effect to play when a creature is injured.

That's not at all what I said...

I said that the cell stage blood effect could possibly be made so that it plays in the creature stage at the same point it does in cell; when an organism is killed. Then to combat what GIRGHGH said about how it'd just look like a cloud of pink, it could maybe be retextured to look like more like real blood.

*sigh* I will repeat what Camßen and I said, again: We can't play an effect whenever something dies in Creature Stage. End of story.

I was trying to find ways to get effects to play. ;-;

Have you tried Darkspore blood?... ;-;
Image

User avatar
CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:26 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby CamBen » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:29 am

I don't know how else to put this. We cannot take effects from games or other parts of spore in creature stage as a dying effect, because there is nothing in the code that allows for that to happen.

It doesn't matter if it's a cell blood effect, darkspore blood effect, a space tool effect, a terrain effect, a paint effect, or a creature attack effect or anything else.

There is not way to apply an effect when a creature dies unless possibly it is tied to a custom dying animation. There is no code in the game to support it.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

User avatar
eme12
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby eme12 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:30 am

Camßεn wrote:I don't know how else to put this. We cannot take effects from games or other parts of spore in creature stage as a dying effect, because there is nothing in the code that allows for that to happen.

It doesn't matter if it's a cell blood effect, darkspore blood effect, a space tool effect, a terrain effect, a paint effect, or a creature attack effect or anything else.

There is not way to apply an effect when a creature dies unless possibly it is tied to a custom dying animation. There is no code in the game to support it.

I understood that. I was trying to find ways to bypass it by finding things that are already tied to death animations.
Image

User avatar
Emd4600 [ASR]
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:21 am
Location: Sporepedia2's City, Spain
Contact:

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby Emd4600 [ASR] » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:37 am

Anyways, in my opinion, we are giving more importance to blood than what it really deserves. I mean, this mod can have (and has) a lot of other interesting things than just a effect when you die xD
Image
Image

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3821
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby rob55rod » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:30 am

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Anyways, in my opinion, we are giving more importance to blood than what it really deserves. I mean, this mod can have (and has) a lot of other interesting things than just a effect when you die xD

FINALLY

SOMEONE ACTUALLY SPEAKING UP ABOUT THIS

THANK YOU EMD
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
eme12
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby eme12 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:03 pm

There should be an icon for this mod in the list of smilies. :D
Image

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3821
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby rob55rod » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:08 pm

UndeadGaming606 wrote:There should be an icon for this mod in the list of smilies. :D

I actually made one a short while ago...

...looking for it now...

EDIT: Found it:
Image
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
eme12
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby eme12 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:20 pm

rob55rod wrote:
UndeadGaming606 wrote:There should be an icon for this mod in the list of smilies. :D

I actually made one a short while ago...

...looking for it now...

EDIT: Found it:
Image

Can we make it a real smilie that you can do with :2006:?
Image

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3821
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby rob55rod » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:45 am

UndeadGaming606 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
UndeadGaming606 wrote:There should be an icon for this mod in the list of smilies. :D

I actually made one a short while ago...

...looking for it now...

EDIT: Found it:
Image

Can we make it a real smilie that you can do with :2006:?

Hopefully :3

Actually, I think :06UX: would fit better. That's how I've always abbreviated it internally.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3821
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby rob55rod » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:46 pm

Image
SOME NEW/(YE) OLDE HANDS :mrgreen:

Textures are still a bit buggy, but I figured there was no point in keeping you waiting any longer .__.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
eme12
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby eme12 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:20 pm

rob55rod wrote:Image
SOME NEW/(YE) OLDE HANDS :mrgreen:

Textures are still a bit buggy, but I figured there was no point in keeping you waiting any longer .__.

I have never seen any of those hands before, but they look epic!
Image

User avatar
eme12
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby eme12 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:58 pm

I found some Spore concept art and stuff. Maybe you can base some parts off of these?

Image
Some aquatic stage creature concept art. The parts will still be helpful even though we have no aquatic stage. ;-;
Image
I can't tell very well, but it looks like new ears and wings to me.
Image
Teddy bear head?
Image
I don't recognize that last nose in the part palette. The one that is still unlocked.
Image
A lot of interesting parts shown in this concept art.
Image
Weird berry bundle thing?
Image

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3821
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby rob55rod » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:03 pm

UndeadGaming606 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Image
SOME NEW/(YE) OLDE HANDS :mrgreen:

Textures are still a bit buggy, but I figured there was no point in keeping you waiting any longer .__.

I have never seen any of those hands before, but they look epic!

They're from the "Spore: The Evolution" Concept Art book. I tend to...collect such books and other media :lol:
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
GBAura
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:24 am
Location: In a blackhole
Contact:

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby GBAura » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:35 pm

UndeadGaming606 wrote:I found some Spore concept art and stuff. Maybe you can base some parts off of these?

Image
Weird berry bundle thing?


That "berry bundle thing" is actually an unused object in the Tribal Phase, not a creature part. They're supposed to used for when your tribe collects fruit, but they're replaced with a newer version.
Image

Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

User avatar
eme12
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby eme12 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:06 am

GBAura wrote:
UndeadGaming606 wrote:I found some Spore concept art and stuff. Maybe you can base some parts off of these?

Image
Weird berry bundle thing?


That "berry bundle thing" is actually an unused object in the Tribal Phase, not a creature part. They're supposed to used for when your tribe collects fruit, but they're replaced with a newer version.

I knew they weren't a creature part. I was thinking that could be like a new tribal tool.
Image

User avatar
Dragonrage19
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:36 pm

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby Dragonrage19 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:32 pm

OMG! ^^ I cannot wait till this is available. ^^ In the pictures it looks like there will be new mouths as well. ^^
This isn't war! This is pest control!

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3821
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby rob55rod » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:11 am

Dragonrage19 wrote:OMG! ^^ I cannot wait till this is available. ^^ In the pictures it looks like there will be new mouths as well. ^^

Glad you like it :3

Literally speaking, the mouths aren't "new" at all, they're actually quite old :lol:

I'm hoping to do a beta release at some point, so release day isn't quite as far off as it could be :U
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
Dragonrage19
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:36 pm

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby Dragonrage19 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:30 pm

Oh xD They look new xD That's alright. :) When you do release it I will be sure to download it :) It looks so cool :D Wow with all these Spore Mods Spore just keeps getting better :D I will say though that I have at least 110 mods in Spore and just about all of them work. xD Theres a couple that don't work which I don't mind at all. :) Yea I know 110 mods is WAY to much. xD But I wanted more parts and stuff in Spore. The more mods the better :D If your wondering, I have steam Version of Spore. My friend Ashton tolled me that spore mods wouldn't work in Steam Version of Spore. But they do like Darkinjection. I had to get steam version of Spore. I did have all disc version of Spore and it's packs but they no longer work.
This isn't war! This is pest control!


Return to “Miscellaneous Mods”