[WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Mods that combine many smaller mods or lonely mods that just have no place to go...
User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3674
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby rob55rod » Wed May 27, 2015 2:47 pm

Image
Image
Hooray. Moar screenies.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
Botifier
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:54 am

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby Botifier » Wed May 27, 2015 5:41 pm

I need a gif that says hype intensifies. this is so cool!

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3674
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby rob55rod » Wed May 27, 2015 5:44 pm

Botifier wrote:I need a gif that says hype intensifies. this is so cool!

Um...Image

Waitno, Image
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3674
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby rob55rod » Thu May 28, 2015 10:51 am

Here, have a video:
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3674
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri May 29, 2015 9:45 am

I've successfully added a working Test Drive Button to the 2011Concealed UI!!
Image
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
dimkoxi
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby dimkoxi » Fri May 29, 2015 1:10 pm

Great job!

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3674
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri May 29, 2015 1:37 pm

dimkoxi wrote:Great job!

Thanks :3

I should note that the play panel doesn't appear, so test drive mode can be accessed, but isn't fully functional yet ._.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
eme12
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby eme12 » Fri May 29, 2015 6:29 pm

Do you plan on including the beta blood effects? :)
Image

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3674
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri May 29, 2015 6:32 pm

UndeadGaming606 wrote:Do you plan on including the beta blood effects? :)

If possible (and if they still exist) yes, however, I doubt it will be possible...

...eh, no loss in trying, bar a few days' time :lol:
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
eme12
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby eme12 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:10 am

Any progress on the mod?
Image

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3674
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:26 am

UndeadGaming606 wrote:Any progress on the mod?

Some. Nothing interesting, mostly just under-the-hood improvements.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
eme12
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby eme12 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:49 pm

rob55rod wrote:
UndeadGaming606 wrote:Any progress on the mod?

Some. Nothing interesting, mostly just under-the-hood improvements.

Any progress on the blood effects?
Image

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3674
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:40 pm

UndeadGaming606 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
UndeadGaming606 wrote:Any progress on the mod?

Some. Nothing interesting, mostly just under-the-hood improvements.

Any progress on the blood effects?

Nope. I haven't had much opportunity to work on this recently, as there was a bit of a crunch at the end of the school year, and now I'm stuck on vacation. But that will only last for another week or so, at which point I'll be able to get back to work :D

Chances are, SporeModder will probably be needed, as I can't even view the names or hashes of the effects contained within the mysterious effect collection files...
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
eme12
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby eme12 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:44 pm

rob55rod wrote:Nope. I haven't had much opportunity to work on this recently, as there was a bit of a crunch at the end of the school year, and now I'm stuck on vacation. But that will only last for another week or so, at which point I'll be able to get back to work :D

Chances are, SporeModder will probably be needed, as I can't even view the names or hashes of the effects contained within the mysterious effect collection files...

The blood in the cell stage might be helpful for trying to figure out how to get blood in the other stages.
Image

User avatar
GIRGHGH
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:28 pm

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby GIRGHGH » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:10 pm

UndeadGaming606 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Nope. I haven't had much opportunity to work on this recently, as there was a bit of a crunch at the end of the school year, and now I'm stuck on vacation. But that will only last for another week or so, at which point I'll be able to get back to work :D

Chances are, SporeModder will probably be needed, as I can't even view the names or hashes of the effects contained within the mysterious effect collection files...

The blood in the cell stage might be helpful for trying to figure out how to get blood in the other stages.

That effect is a bit not gravity bound. Put it in the creature phase and it looks like a poofing cloud.
Image

User avatar
Emd4600 [ASR]
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:21 am
Location: Sporepedia2's City, Spain
Contact:

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby Emd4600 [ASR] » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:51 am

I tried to add blood some time ago. The problem was not the effect (cause we can add them via SporeModder), but when it gets played. Creatures don't do any effect when dying, and we can't also make the effect appear when ou hit the creature (that only works for split-like abilities).
Image
Image

User avatar
eme12
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby eme12 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:10 pm

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:I tried to add blood some time ago. The problem was not the effect (cause we can add them via SporeModder), but when it gets played. Creatures don't do any effect when dying, and we can't also make the effect appear when ou hit the creature (that only works for split-like abilities).

I mentioned earlier that the cell stage blood may be the key. Would it be possible to make the cell stage blood effect play in Creature and just retexture how the blood looks so it is more realistic?
Image

User avatar
CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:26 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby CamBen » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:39 pm

I'm not sure if you understood what he just said... Because he literally just said that the problem was not making the effect.

The problem was that there is no way to play a blood effect in creature stage, because there is nothing in the game that is set up to allow an effect to play when a creature is injured.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

User avatar
Darhagonable
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 380
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 am
Location: somewhere in the universe
Contact:

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby Darhagonable » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:55 pm

So the only way is if we find a old file that is not in use with the effect from the beta? (some textures still exist from the beta so I guess other things also is left)

So the file that make the cell blood effect play would not help?
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3674
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread postby rob55rod » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:01 am

Darhagonable wrote:So the only way is if we find a old file that is not in use with the effect from the beta? (some textures still exist from the beta so I guess other things also is left)

So the file that make the cell blood effect play would not help?

No, it wouldn't, especially given that it's a piece of code, not a file.

Note that animations can trigger effects, so if Emd were to exploit that somehow, then we'd be in a much better position, but IDK if he'd even consider trying .-.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.


Return to “Miscellaneous Mods”