[WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Mods that combine many smaller mods or lonely mods that just have no place to go...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: [WIP] 2006 UX - it's like 2006 Spore!

Unread post by rob55rod »

Hooray. Moar screenies.

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Botifier
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Botifier »

I need a gif that says hype intensifies. this is so cool!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Botifier wrote:I need a gif that says hype intensifies. this is so cool!
Um...Image

Waitno, Image

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Here, have a video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCYTbLMuVSo[/youtube]

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

I've successfully added a working Test Drive Button to the 2011Concealed UI!!

dimkoxi
Cell
Cell

Unread post by dimkoxi »

Great job!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

dimkoxi wrote:Great job!

I should note that the play panel doesn't appear, so test drive mode can be accessed, but isn't fully functional yet ._.

eme12
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by eme12 »

Do you plan on including the beta blood effects? :)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

UndeadGaming606 wrote:Do you plan on including the beta blood effects? :)
If possible (and if they still exist) yes, however, I doubt it will be possible...

...eh, no loss in trying, bar a few days' time :lol:

eme12
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by eme12 »

Any progress on the mod?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

UndeadGaming606 wrote:Any progress on the mod?
Some. Nothing interesting, mostly just under-the-hood improvements.

eme12
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by eme12 »

rob55rod wrote:
Any progress on the blood effects?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

UndeadGaming606 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Any progress on the blood effects?
Nope. I haven't had much opportunity to work on this recently, as there was a bit of a crunch at the end of the school year, and now I'm stuck on vacation. But that will only last for another week or so, at which point I'll be able to get back to work :D

Chances are, SporeModder will probably be needed, as I can't even view the names or hashes of the effects contained within the mysterious effect collection files...

eme12
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by eme12 »

rob55rod wrote: Nope. I haven't had much opportunity to work on this recently, as there was a bit of a crunch at the end of the school year, and now I'm stuck on vacation. But that will only last for another week or so, at which point I'll be able to get back to work :D

Chances are, SporeModder will probably be needed, as I can't even view the names or hashes of the effects contained within the mysterious effect collection files...
The blood in the cell stage might be helpful for trying to figure out how to get blood in the other stages.
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

UndeadGaming606 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Nope. I haven't had much opportunity to work on this recently, as there was a bit of a crunch at the end of the school year, and now I'm stuck on vacation. But that will only last for another week or so, at which point I'll be able to get back to work :D

The blood in the cell stage might be helpful for trying to figure out how to get blood in the other stages.
That effect is a bit not gravity bound. Put it in the creature phase and it looks like a poofing cloud.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

I tried to add blood some time ago. The problem was not the effect (cause we can add them via SporeModder), but when it gets played. Creatures don't do any effect when dying, and we can't also make the effect appear when ou hit the creature (that only works for split-like abilities).
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
eme12
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by eme12 »

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:I tried to add blood some time ago. The problem was not the effect (cause we can add them via SporeModder), but when it gets played. Creatures don't do any effect when dying, and we can't also make the effect appear when ou hit the creature (that only works for split-like abilities).
I mentioned earlier that the cell stage blood may be the key. Would it be possible to make the cell stage blood effect play in Creature and just retexture how the blood looks so it is more realistic?
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

I'm not sure if you understood what he just said... Because he literally just said that the problem was not making the effect.

The problem was that there is no way to play a blood effect in creature stage, because there is nothing in the game that is set up to allow an effect to play when a creature is injured.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Unread post by Darhagonable »

So the only way is if we find a old file that is not in use with the effect from the beta? (some textures still exist from the beta so I guess other things also is left)

So the file that make the cell blood effect play would not help?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Darhagonable wrote:So the only way is if we find a old file that is not in use with the effect from the beta? (some textures still exist from the beta so I guess other things also is left)

So the file that make the cell blood effect play would not help?
No, it wouldn't, especially given that it's a piece of code, not a file.

Note that animations can trigger effects, so if Emd were to exploit that somehow, then we'd be in a much better position, but IDK if he'd even consider trying .-.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Miscellaneous Mods”