Dark Genetics v1: Halfway between Dark Injection and Spore!

Mods that combine many smaller mods or lonely mods that just have no place to go...
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Dark Genetics v1: Halfway between Dark Injection and Spo

Unread post by Vallachan »

Uhhhh.... What exactly are you trying to point out?

Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Camßεn wrote:Uhhhh.... What exactly are you trying to point out?
I found those limbs in YOUR package file! Those are AMAZING!!! why aren't they properly implemented!?!
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Oh yea... Those. I do have some limbs and other creature parts hidden in the mod files, because they were either glitchy but worth keeping in for later use, or something I planned to fix.

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Camßεn wrote:Oh yea... Those. I do have some limbs and other creature parts hidden in the mod files, because they were either glitchy but worth keeping in for later use, or something I planned to fix.
Oh! That explains it! Sorry for blowing your surprise. To make it up to you, I'll PM you the file I made to access the parts. Oh, and about the scaling limbs thing...Try adding a hand or foot and scaling that. Doesn't crash for me, and allows me to successfully scale limb joints...save for the shoulder/hip.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Say, CamBen, what would happen if you based your limb editor on CREATURE limb scaling, rather than FLORA limb scaling?

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:Say, CamBen, what would happen if you based your limb editor on CREATURE limb scaling, rather than FLORA limb scaling?
the creature limbs would be deleting as soon as you made one change to them. I tried.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Camßεn wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Say, CamBen, what would happen if you based your limb editor on CREATURE limb scaling, rather than FLORA limb scaling?
the creature limbs would be deleting as soon as you made one change to them. I tried.
What about a combination of the two? And did you get the file I PM'd you?

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:
Camßεn wrote:
What about a combination of the two? And did you get the file I PM'd you?
The limb editor IS a combination of the 2. It has the stuff from the flora editor to allow limbs and other skeletal parts to be moved freely without being attached to a spine and without getting deleted, and the rest of the stuff is the creature editor. The reason resizing stuff crashes is because, like the plant editor, the limb editor relies on limbs not attached to a spine, and scaling limbs like this will ensure that it crashes 100% of the time.

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

Unless you are me...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Davo wrote:Unless you are me...
Or using my dad's computer...but on my new computer, which crashes spore if I scale a limb joint, I can scale a grasper or foot and it scales the joint, no crash! Yay! Camβen, please try it! If it works for you, then this could be a workaround for everybody! I recently made a couple of limbs, and for some reason, unlike most limbs, they showed up when I moused over them in the palette! I wonder why...

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:
Or using my dad's computer...but on my new computer, which crashes spore if I scale a limb joint, I can scale a grasper or foot and it scales the joint, no crash! Yay! Camβen, please try it! If it works for you, then this could be a workaround for everybody! I recently made a couple of limbs, and for some reason, unlike most limbs, they showed up when I moused over them in the palette! I wonder why...
Alrighty, the official workaround will be the hand scaling thing. Thank you for the info. ;)
Also, the limbs showing up in the palette used to happen to me until I removed them from my main sporepedia.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Camßεn wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Alrighty, the official workaround will be the hand scaling thing. Thank you for the info. ;)
Also, the limbs showing up in the palette used to happen to me until I removed them from my main sporepedia.
Oh...ok! Glad I could help! Anything else I can do? I can pack your models into mesh.xmls! would that be of any use?

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Pm sent. Also, do you have a steam account?

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Camßεn wrote:Pm sent. Also, do you have a steam account?
PM recieved, and yes, I do have a steam account! Are you gonna add the "official limb editor scaling workaround" to the Original Post?

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:
PM recieved, and yes, I do have a steam account! Are you gonna add the "official limb editor scaling workaround" to the Original Post?
Yes, probably after I read this.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Camßεn wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Yes, probably after I read this.
Thamks! But, it's rob55rod, not rob55rob. That's the difference between b and d.

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote: Thanks! But, it's rob55rod, not rob55rob. That's the difference between b and d.
Whoops, misspelling. Fixed that.

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

one thing i saw that was impossible in the original game is connecting a flesh limb to any other type of limb.
i wonder if this limb editor could handle such a task. i saw the limbs you have made and it was really cool.
i am going to try it later when i get time to play.

i also loved the black/purple paint style you could pick on the parts tab, it looked really dark, ha.

i really like this mod and think you should add all of your parts packs into a solid pack.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Davo wrote:one thing i saw that was impossible in the original game is connecting a flesh limb to any other type of limb.
i wonder if this limb editor could handle such a task. i saw the limbs you have made and it was really cool.
i am going to try it later when i get time to play.

i also loved the black/purple paint style you could pick on the parts tab, it looked really dark, ha.

i really like this mod and think you should add all of your parts packs into a solid pack.
I don't know about the flesh limbs attaching to a model based limb, but it would be cool to try. Also, another strange feature of the limb editor is that you can hit Ctrl and drag some limb sections up and down.

If I can make more parts to be added I'll add them, but this mod is basically the mod where I put the actually good stuff, rather than just whatever I feel like adding (CamBen custom parts). I was thinking of implementing the color pack as well.

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

Scroll up and down? That was a feature in the flora editor...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Miscellaneous Mods”