Dark Genetics v1: Halfway between Dark Injection and Spore!

Mods that combine many smaller mods or lonely mods that just have no place to go...
DoktorDare
Cell
Cell

Re: Dark Genetics v1: Halfway between Dark Injection and Spo

Unread post by DoktorDare »

-It's no rush! :3

My SporePedia Page! Feel free to add me! :)
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/DoktorDare
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Camßεn wrote:Yea that would work, but currently I'm preoccupied with a massive project for portal 2. Also, another thing you can do is use the knurlies themselves to construct pieces of the creature, like horns, eyes, details, and such.
Good luck with that! (no sarcasm intended)
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

New progress on dark genetics after a long spore modding dryspell, if anyone still uses this.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =285729160
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =285729123
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =285729655
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =285729679

If you don't see any changes, remember that in v1, there were no darkspore recoloring mouths. I've been making custom tint RGB textures to emulate what the mod changes automatically for all the other parts.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Camßεn wrote:New progress on dark genetics after a long spore modding dryspell, if anyone still uses this.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =285729160
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =285729123
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =285729655
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =285729679

If you don't see any changes, remember that in v1, there were no darkspore recoloring mouths. I've been making custom tint RGB textures to emulate what the mod changes automatically for all the other parts.
YES!!!!!!! FINALLY AN UPDATE!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo...
Good to see you're back on Spore. I came back just in time, it seems...

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

I'm going to admit, I would probably use this mod more often if the spine didn't make it so you couldn't share (for me, anyway). It's a shame too, because everything else about the mod is great.

Also, the buttons are so big that I can't cancel out of the 'upload/terms of service' screen when you upload a movie.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

Peenut2k7 wrote:I'm going to admit, I would probably use this mod more often if the spine didn't make it so you couldn't share (for me, anyway). It's a shame too, because everything else about the mod is great.

Also, the buttons are so big that I can't cancel out of the 'upload/terms of service' screen when you upload a movie.
Oh I never even thought about the sharing aspect

As for the buttons, I have no idea. It shows up just fine for me. I guess if it bothers you just don't use the graphics mod.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Sven.Littkowski
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Dark Genetics v1: Halfway between Dark Injection and Spore!

Unread post by Sven.Littkowski »

I will jump in a circle and sing, if it becomes possible to scale the different axes of a body spine differently: like making a body segment very flat. But that is not possible yet, right?
Share modded Spore things at: https://www.Facebook.com/groups/Spore.Game
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Sven.Littkowski wrote:I will jump in a circle and sing, if it becomes possible to scale the different axes of a body spine differently: like making a body segment very flat. But that is not possible yet, right?
Right, and it never will be.

Sven.Littkowski
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Sven.Littkowski »

Yes, I assumed. I believe, it has been hard-coded into the game. Alas. But thanks for the answer. Any news about the changed Lights mod? I wished, I would have that expertise in modding, I have so many ideas I would supply plenty mods to the Spore universe. :-D
Share modded Spore things at: https://www.Facebook.com/groups/Spore.Game
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Sven.Littkowski wrote:Yes, I assumed. I believe, it has been hard-coded into the game. Alas. But thanks for the answer. Any news about the changed Lights mod? I wished, I would have that expertise in modding, I have so many ideas I would supply plenty mods to the Spore universe. :-D
Yeah, just like a lot of things :/

As for the lights...they're coming along.

Spore modding isn't as hard as one may be lead to assume. Just grab a copy of SporeMaster, and tear the game open (using the "Spore packages" tab, not the "mod" tab), then mess around with whatever until something happens. That's more or less how I taught myself xD

If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to aid you. I'm not intending to pressure you one way or another, I just don't want to see someone abandon hope due to false assumptions :lol:

sikerow
Cell
Cell

Unread post by sikerow »

i need help i reinstalled spore the way so my creatures are save none of the creatures are there only my ship is saved im super sad now can i fix it somehow?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

sikerow wrote:i need help i reinstalled spore the way so my creatures are save none of the creatures are there only my ship is saved im super sad now can i fix it somehow?
Possibly. Check your "My Spore Creations" folder. If the PNGs are there, you can drag-and-drop them into the game window (just switch to Windowed mode first). If not, there is another step you might be able to take, but I'll need to know what operating system you're running before I can give you the necessary instructions.

sikerow
Cell
Cell

Unread post by sikerow »

they aint eny pictures and my system is 64 bit
sikerow
Cell
Cell

Unread post by sikerow »

i like how the site is now looking
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

sikerow wrote:they aint eny pictures and my system is 64 bit
Okay...sounds like you selected "Yes" when the uninstaller asked if you want to remove all your save data along with the game itself. If you have any backups of your hard drive's contents, the PNGs might be there, but if not, then...

...actually, the stuff may still be present in your save data. Go to %Appdata%/Roaming/SPORE and send me everything in that folder. There's a chance the PNGs might still be in those packages, and I'd be more than happy to take a look.

CyborgDino
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by CyborgDino »

I can't seem to find BP2(I have bot parts) data or EP1.data.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

CyborgDino wrote:I can't seem to find BP2(I have bot parts) data or EP1.data.
BP2_Data and EP1_Data? Those are only for the disk version of the game. For Origin, the paths are as follows:

32-bit Windows - C:/Program Files/Origin Games/SPORE Galactic Adventures/Data
64-bit Windows - C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/SPORE Galactic Adventures/Data

Bot Parts should be nearby. No idea what the paths are for Steam.

CyborgDino
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by CyborgDino »

Thanks.

Edit: Actually, uh, where should I put Zz_Arenas_Textures so I can use this mod? Does it still just go in Galactic Adventures Data?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

CyborgDino wrote:Thanks.

Edit: Actually, uh, where should I put Zz_Arenas_Textures so I can use this mod? Does it still just go in Galactic Adventures Data?
It goes in Bot Parts Data if you have bot parts. If that doesn't work, try Creepy & Cute. If not that either, try Galactic Adventures. If all else fails, Core Spore. But not more than one of those folders.

sikerow
Cell
Cell

Unread post by sikerow »

rob55rod wrote:
sikerow wrote:they aint eny pictures and my system is 64 bit
Okay...sounds like you selected "Yes" when the uninstaller asked if you want to remove all your save data along with the game itself. If you have any backups of your hard drive's contents, the PNGs might be there, but if not, then...

...actually, the stuff may still be present in your save data. Go to %Appdata%/Roaming/SPORE and send me everything in that folder. There's a chance the PNGs might still be in those packages, and I'd be more than happy to take a look.
all right imma pm you the map
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Miscellaneous Mods”