Dark Genetics v1: Halfway between Dark Injection and Spore!

Mods that combine many smaller mods or lonely mods that just have no place to go...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Dark Genetics v1: Halfway between Dark Injection and Spore!

Unread post by rob55rod »

Shpore wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Shpore wrote:I don't have BP1 or BP2 data, I only have GA and the Bot Parts mod. I got the Arena files but I don't have dark injection, does this mod require DI?
No, it doesn't require DI.
Ok, but I don't have BP1 or BP2 data, only Spore and Spore_Ep1
That happens when you don't have Creepy and Cute or Bot Parts installed, respectively. Nothing to be worried about.

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Shpore
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Shpore »

rob55rod wrote:
Shpore wrote:
rob55rod wrote: No, it doesn't require DI.
Ok, but I don't have BP1 or BP2 data, only Spore and Spore_Ep1
That happens when you don't have Creepy and Cute or Bot Parts installed, respectively. Nothing to be worried about.
But where do i put arena files instead?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Shpore wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Shpore wrote: Ok, but I don't have BP1 or BP2 data, only Spore and Spore_Ep1
\SPORE\Data

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Shpore
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Shpore »

rob55rod wrote:
Shpore wrote:
rob55rod wrote: That happens when you don't have Creepy and Cute or Bot Parts installed, respectively. Nothing to be worried about.
\SPORE\Data
You mean just SPORE data? Because I have Spore_Ep1.

I'm confused how you put the arena textures in Spore/Spore_EP1 data. If i try to extract them there, they change from packages to folders.
The whole thing is confusing.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

If you have \SPORE_EP1\Data, you also have \SPORE\Data.

Jist move the zArenas packages to \SPORE\Data, not \SPORE\SPORE_EP1\Data. (The latter shouldn't even exist unless you created it).

CradilySlime
Creature
Creature

Unread post by CradilySlime »

oh ok. so if this mod is not broken.
Image i have :ccp:
dantem977
Cell
Cell

Unread post by dantem977 »

does this mod work with dark injection 9.r beta?
never mind it does ignor the top
Last edited by dantem977 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dantem977
Cell
Cell

what does the dark audio mod have in it?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

dantem977 wrote:what does the dark audio mod have in it?
It changes some of the UI sound effects to those from Darkspore. Do note, however, that Dark Injection 9.r includes an improved version of this feature.

dantem977
Cell
Cell

thanks.
gemboundprism
Cell
Cell

Unread post by gemboundprism »

If I already have Dark Injections, will this duplicate features that both this mod and Dark Injections have? I don't want two pages of the same darkspore-coloured parts.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

gemboundprism wrote:If I already have Dark Injections, will this duplicate features that both this mod and Dark Injections have? I don't want two pages of the same darkspore-coloured parts.
No need to worry about that - I made sure DI blocks those pages from Dark Genetics, so you'll only have one set of Darkspore-textured copies.

Disgustedorite
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Disgustedorite »

Is there any chance this mod can be divided up into its different components? I want the placing hands on spines thing, the test drive animations, and the limb editors, but not the rest--especially not the custom spine mesh (impossible to click when scaled down and impossible to not click when scaled up) or the infinite scaling (I like the idea of it for modded creations, but I would rather be able to just make semi-modded vanilla-compatible creatures without risk of accidentally making a part, limb, or vertebra too big or too small to be shared).

I tried doing it myself but I keep forgetting how little I know about modding.
Are you an artist? Do you like Spore, especially its evolutionary mechanics? Join Sagan 4: https://sagan4.org/
nkshv
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by nkshv »

Hello
With this mod it is incredibly hard to work with body segments on smaller creatures. Those body segments become too small and I can't click them.
Olyenka
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Olyenka »

The attacks don't work correctly. I noticed in particular that the Zombie Charge uses the Toxic Flower Charge's animation instead of the animation it's supposed to use.

EDIT: The Toxic Flower Charge actually works corectly. I dunno why the Zombie Charge doesn't.
"This thing took like an hour to make but it was so worth it." - me
WowSporePlayer5000
Creature
Creature

Unread post by WowSporePlayer5000 »

It has been a long time since I used this mod, does it still have the hand/feet mouths, crab claw, hooked claw, webbed claw mouth, ik the first two I mentioned are in camben’s pack, but where is the page for those, I made cool creatures with those, as I got my spore reinstalled, I redownloaded the mod and gone, no more hand mouths :(
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Horlocodon wrote:It has been a long time since I used this mod, does it still have the hand/feet mouths, crab claw, hooked claw, webbed claw mouth, ik the first two I mentioned are in camben’s pack, but where is the page for those, I made cool creatures with those, as I got my spore reinstalled, I redownloaded the mod and gone, no more hand mouths :(
To the best of my awareness, Dark Genetics has not been updated at all since its release.

WowSporePlayer5000
Creature
Creature

Unread post by WowSporePlayer5000 »

Maybe it is a different mod so I’m not entirely sure, I remembered it was in the pages, but that was years ago, maybe I can use way back machine to get it
rygum453tai
Cell
Cell

Unread post by rygum453tai »

Hi, there is a problem, the main download for the mod does not exist, is that the only fully functional version? If you, the link needs to be updated because something tells me the mirror download is not the latest version. If they have the exact same features, let me know.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Miscellaneous Mods”