Interstellar Industries

Ravnodaus
Cell
Cell

Interstellar Industries

Unread post by Ravnodaus »

Introduction

This is officially an open release, it has had thorough testing, but if you come across a problem post here and I'll fix it. A HUGE thanks to my partner in crime Jaycemonde who provided the creative edge to this mod. Most of the new in-game item descriptions are theirs.

So, what is this mod?

Interstellar Industries, the mod that removes spice and adds science-y trade goods in their place. But we don't just replace your 6 spices for 6 trade goods, we give you 40! That is right. 40 trade goods! I'll post the full list below. New icons too... and more than a few reused ones. A UI tweak or two.

Be aware... this mod makes early space stage far more challenging. Because there are 40 types of goods, the odds that a merchant wants that Fertilizer you got in your cargo hold is a lot lower. But that was the point, wasn't it? No longer will your space stage be just flying around until you find/colonize a purple/pink system and essentially win space-stage. Naw, with Interstellar Industries, you really gotta work at it, and there is always more to be done!

"OMG Rav, that sounds great but with 40 [strike]spices[/strike] trade goods, how will we even tell them apart?" You guys ask good questions. Well, they are color coded of course. But, see... some trade goods do share a color, intentionally. Example: your Diamond world has the same color as the Diamond Battery world, but the "finished/higher quality good" worlds are a little rarer and have higher priced goods. So, you would need to start producing goods before you can know for sure whether or not that is a regular Bio-Slurry world, or if you got lucky and found a Rare Livestock one.

But it can still get just a little tricky with a few of them, I did my best! There are so many trade goods here, some are bound to be a little similar! I'm looking at you Titanium, shining so bright you look like a gem.

Instructions and Warnings!

- So if you don't have a spice mod of any kind, go right on ahead and install, you'll have no problems. This mod will replace all normal spices (red, yellow, green, blue, pink, and purple) and they will be converted into their equivalent Interstellar Industries versions.

-- For the people with moar-spice type mods, there might be conflicts. If you have a conflict and wanna use this mod, I recommend uninstalling the moar-spice mod and resetting your galaxy... or just wait for a real fix. My next project will be a work-around to make them compatible. No promises though.

--- So you have no conflicting mods, and you're ready to go? Download link below! I'd recommend using the Spore ModApi Easy Installer, of course.
InterstellarIndustries_v0_3.package
(201.26 KiB) Downloaded 3420 times
TLDR;

PS. Some stuff is super freakin rare. Don't freak out if you don't accidentally stumble over a Dark Matter world right away. I promise they are out there! Theoretically...
Last edited by Ravnodaus on Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Ravnodaus
Cell
Cell

Re: Interstellar Industries

Names of Goods
Bio Slurry [Red Spice]
Micro-Crude [Yellow Spice]
Fertilizer [Green Spice]
Hydrocarbons [Blue Spice]
Nano Nutraceuticals [Pink Spice]
Mutagenics [Purple Spice]
Quartz
Diamond
Tremolite
Sapphire
Uranium
Deuterium
Regolith
Helium-3
Titanium
Tungsten
Ammonia
Silicon
Gold
Platinum
Diaspore
Bulk Rhodochrosite
Rubedo
Aerogel
Diamond Battery
Photovoltaics
Metal Foam
Rare Livestock
High-Density Storage Media
Consumer Plastics
Consumer Alcohol
Targeting Computers
Small Arms
Depleted Uranium Munitions
Armored EVA Suits
Reactive Armor Plating
Dark Matter
Celestial Blood
LZT-59
Melange
Last edited by Ravnodaus on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ravnodaus
Cell
Cell

Trade.PNG
Last edited by Ravnodaus on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
VanillaCold57
Cell
Cell

Unread post by VanillaCold57 »

Awesome!
I'll download this mod!
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by paranoid_modder »

I want to try this out one day, but the only worry i have is that if i chose to uninstall it then my save is "corrupted." i remember you said on the server that the planets will only spawn null items, but i hope that this wont mean frequent crashes and forever broken planets..
qwertyrwertyr
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by qwertyrwertyr »

Awesome!
The_art_of_manu
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by The_art_of_manu »

Sorry for me it doesnt work, I have GA and asimetry, And I tried with API, with english version, and resetting the galaxy,... but NO

for some reason there's still spice X(

please can you upload a video or tutorial of how you make it work? :)
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by paranoid_modder »

ive installed this mod, and i dont have any spice-related mods, but it still doesnt work. Nothing happens :(
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

paranoid_modder wrote:ive installed this mod, and i dont have any spice-related mods, but it still doesnt work. Nothing happens :(
I think you need to make a new galaxy for spice mods to work. (A galaxy I made when I had this mod installed still has the custom resources instead of spices on older solar systems. Don't ask me why, I have no idea.)
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Ravnodaus
Cell
Cell

Re-uploaded a version that should work. Please let me know if you still have issues!
zippo
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by zippo »

Thanks for this awesome mod! Trying it right now. Do you know if it's compatible with Better Spore 1.5.1?
Precisely with : BetterSpore1.5.1_Gameplay.package

And how to know which resources are on a planet? I can see the icons and colors but i have no idead what the resources are. I know only when i approach a planet i own and i collect them
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

zippo wrote:Thanks for this awesome mod! Trying it right now. Do you know if it's compatible with Better Spore 1.5.1?
Precisely with : BetterSpore1.5.1_Gameplay.package
BetterSpore is an old and broken mod. I don't recommend using it.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
zippo
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by zippo »

VanillaCold wrote:BetterSpore is an old and broken mod. I don't recommend using it.
version 1.5.1 works pretty good for me. Didn't see any problems. And it's the only balanced and modular mod that makes the game a bit harder and less casual. No alternatives out there (only messy mods that don't fit in the game in my opinion)
MukatteKuruNoKa
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by MukatteKuruNoKa »

I'd like to know if this mod is compatible with platinum spore. Platinum spore does add some additional spices and with different names but will this mod be able to override those changes?
Sporefanatic0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Sporefanatic0 »

wow nice mod!!
BenteFraKomunen
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by BenteFraKomunen »

I know that in vanilla spore it isn't completely random what spice can be in what place. Is there any system with this mod? Do red, yellow or blue stars make any difference? And further, do red, green or blue planets make a difference? (their trails). :)
BenteFraKomunen
Hatchling
Hatchling

I know that in vanilla spore it isn't completely random what spice can be in what place. Is there any system with this mod? Do red, yellow or blue stars make any difference? And further, do red, green or blue planets make a difference? (their trails). :)
BenteFraKomunen
Hatchling
Hatchling

BloodMoon
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by BloodMoon »

Does anybody have a working version of the Trade.PNG image? I've been really enjoying the mod so far.
Ivy
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Ivy »

Here's an infographic I made with each of the new "spices". Rarity roughly correlates to price as well.
industry.png
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “» Stage - Space”