FTL Drive

Ravnodaus
Cell
Cell

FTL Drive

Unread post by Ravnodaus »

This is my first mod! I'm happy it is finally ready.
!FTLdrive_spacestage.package
(13.69 KiB) Downloaded 890 times
What's it do? Well it gives you an FTL drive, obviously.

:arrow: Changes to space stage spacecraft travel speeds and distances. The detect and travel ranges on each interstellar drive upgrade have had subtle tweaks to allow for further and faster travel. No changes made to center of galaxy so beware, the center is still quite the challenge. Max drive capabilities greatly expanded.

:arrow: Warp drive animation and variable speeds is enabled for a travel time based on distance covered. It took a while to tune, but it is a nice touch, if I do say so myself. It really kicks in after a few interstellar drive upgrades. (It takes a moment for the FTL to spool up, and you don't wanna smash into your destination so it ends a short ways away from your endpoint, where you finish the trip coasting on in)

:arrow: Minor tweaks to ascend/descend and solar system speeds.

Demo Vid: https://youtu.be/ECAvBQhnS8c

Disappointed that FTL technology isn't the game breaking advantage you wanted???

:twisted: Then instead use the SporeDrive version. Faster, further, earlier. You can practically teleport.
!sporedrive_spacestage.package
(13.69 KiB) Downloaded 797 times

:!: :!: :!: Compatibility info: These mods tie into a fairly versatile file that tunes several game aspects and you may run into compatibility issues with some other mods that also use this gametuning~spaceufo~ file path, and definitely any of the mods that change interstellar drives.

Hope you enjoy!

~Ravna
Last edited by Ravnodaus on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VanillaCold57
Cell
Cell

Re: FTL Drive

Unread post by VanillaCold57 »

Awesome!
I'm going to use the OP SporeDrive version.
Ivy
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Ivy »

This is simply incredible. As for compatibility, it works perfectly fine with AdvancedLife as far as I can tell.
The final uncapped warp drive is beyond amazing. The only thing I miss about it is the galactic center compass, but half the time you're so zoomed out when using this that you can just pan the camera and find your way manually.
vezecent
Cell
Cell

Unread post by vezecent »

the ftl drive is very nice but there are some bad things in it, for some reason it doesn't work by itself you need another mod for it like AdvancedLife v0.31
BruceReed
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by BruceReed »

Thank you for sharing this details! It's extremely helpful as well as interesting. I make certain that it will certainly be a terrific resource for many individuals.theinternationalists.org
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “» Stage - Space”