AdvancedLife v0.32

florentinenoble
Tribal
Tribal

Re: AdvancedLife v0.31

Unread post by florentinenoble »

I finally was able to download the newer version of this mod and I love it! Haven't quite played it to its 'full extent' (I've only used it while playing on the creature stage so far), though. But I still love it.

[img]http://www.davoonline.com/
sporemodder/rob55rod/DI_9r/
DI9r_subforum_emblem.png[/img]
Raella69
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Raella69 »

spikd_telecaster wrote:I finally was able to download the newer version of this mod and I love it! Haven't quite played it to its 'full extent' (I've only used it while playing on the creature stage so far), though. But I still love it.
Does the mod even make any changes to the creature stage? Doesn't seem like it does.
Obliivious
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Obliivious »

Raella69 wrote:
spikd_telecaster wrote:I finally was able to download the newer version of this mod and I love it! Haven't quite played it to its 'full extent' (I've only used it while playing on the creature stage so far), though. But I still love it.
Does the mod even make any changes to the creature stage? Doesn't seem like it does.
Haha, no it does not. It's space stage only. He tested it earlier, before I made the update -- I think that's what he's referring to.
Image Image created by Rob55rod.
Raella69
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Raella69 »

Out of curiosity, what does the Starfall laser actually do? Just a ton of damage? Or is it a non-ammo, energy-based version of the Planet Buster?
Obliivious
Creature
Creature

Raella69 wrote:Out of curiosity, what does the Starfall laser actually do? Just a ton of damage? Or is it a non-ammo, energy-based version of the Planet Buster?
It is the heat ray effect as a laser if I remember correctly. It deals like 400 damage a second. Very long range and very large beam diameter. Definitely good for killing Grox spaceships in like 3 seconds. As powerful as it is, I do think it is balanced. Good luck getting your hands on one.

I can't remember if I implemented high energy costs yet, but if I did you better hope you upgraded your energy capacity because it is most certainly not energy efficient.
Irineu
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Irineu »

I can help in the dev with translation for portuguese
Obliivious
Creature
Creature

Irineu wrote:I can help in the dev with translation for portuguese
Well alright then. I guess I can release a Portuguese version of the mod.

Also, an update to everyone: the upgrade tree mod is proving quite difficult. Weapons that have already been bought will not be sold again after upgrading to the next tier even if I make them a re-offer-able consumable object. The problem is that I don't want to clutter the weapons tray with unwanted and unused weaponry, otherwise I would simply not add the weapons to the same upgrade tree. Also, apparently there is no way to make weapons backwards upgradable even if they are in the upgrade tree that way -- empires won't sell them anymore. :x

I believe it is time to change my upgrade tree idea to a decision at each upgrade stage. Three choices. Reduce energy consumption, increase damage, or increase range. Your choice. Of course, I will keep the lore and stats section at the beginning of the description.

Now that I've said all that, I've suddenly gotten the idea of creating upgradable consumable weaponry. Maybe all bombs will have ammo now or something difficult like that. Wow, actually that sounds quite immersive. Perhaps empires will sell up to 20 bombs at a time for a reasonable sum. Does anyone else think this would make the game more interesting? I feel that our empires' single spaceship versus an entire planet will be much less overpowered and really give you a reason to explore some terraforming and spice trading. Now just to make allies much more tanky and slightly more powerful to make allies much more desirable...
TheLoneChipmunk
Cell
Cell

Unread post by TheLoneChipmunk »

Is this still being worked on? It sounds very interesting, so I think I'll give it a try.
Obliivious
Creature
Creature

TheLoneChipmunk wrote:Is this still being worked on? It sounds very interesting, so I think I'll give it a try.
Yes, I just don't have as much free time as I used to.
Kisutora
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Kisutora »

Loving the changes so far, great work!
I have some suggestions:

-More cargo space upgrades as storage space can become a problem if you like terraforming, collecting rares and what not.

-As of now the mod basically makes going for a blue card in creature stage worthless since the ship is fast by default. Could this be made an optional feature, or perhaps the creature blue ability be changed to something else?

-The ability to choose your homeworld spice.

-Bringing the White Spice into the game as the rarest and most expensive spice.

Oh and this is just extra, but I would love for there to be Orange Spice and Indigo Spice. Why? Because then we would have the full rainbow(ROYGBIV) of spice; Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet.. well Purple but it's close enough. And all of those combined makes White Spice! - the rarest most expensive spice. I think this would only be a good idea if we had expanded cargo space however. And Pink Spice... Who doesn't like Pink Spice..
zotobom
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by zotobom »

Hey, gotta say this mod looks absolutely amazing.
You mentioned wanting space empires to expand quicker, and I completely agree.
I haven't tried it yet, but this mod claims to have that as a feature: viewtopic.php?f=125&t=6350
''changed it so empires will now grow bigger and faster (more empires)''

It might be worth digging through the mod or contacting the author :)
Obliivious
Creature
Creature

Hi all, just checking in to let you know where I am.

- At university working very hard at not failing some pretty difficult courses.

I expect that I will not have time to work on this for a while as I am doing rather a lot of extra-curricular work as well. Don't fret, I will eventually add my work to the link. A lot has changed since my last release, but it's not quite ready for the next one.

And now some responses to other forum goers:
zotobom wrote:Hey, gotta say this mod looks absolutely amazing.
I haven't tried it yet, but this mod claims to have that as a feature: viewtopic.php?f=125&t=6350

Thanks for the link!

I left a comment on the topic. Hopefully I get a response, but I do have one theory on how he's doing it. The parenthetical containing "more empires" is the issue at hand. I think we can agree that there are definitely more empires based on his description, but maybe they don't grow bigger and faster directly. Hmm, this idea is very interesting indeed.

Perhaps the fact that there are more empires means that they are closer together, meaning that they would be more likely to be in range of each other to interact -- something less likely in core Spore depending on difficulty level. When they interact, they often start wars and take over each other's land -- causing them to grow faster than their usual colonization rate.

If this is the case, then you would still have to deal with a greatly increased chance of being harassed by Spode's Followers or some other kind of annoying warmongering civilization near you constantly. Imagine starting within four stars of 6 religious civilizations constantly bugging you for money with the threat of war. Ick.
Kisutora wrote:Loving the changes so far, great work!
I have some suggestions:
-Snipped.
I will try to work some of this in, but I believe that some of these mods should remain separate on purpose so that users can install and uninstall components they don't agree with/like. I think some of these already exist separately anyway, but if you want I can try to add some lore to it.
zotobom
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by zotobom »

Obliivious wrote:Hi all, just checking in to let you know where I am.

- At university working very hard at not failing some pretty difficult courses.

I expect that I will not have time to work on this for a while as I am doing rather a lot of extra-curricular work as well. Don't fret, I will eventually add my work to the link. A lot has changed since my last release, but it's not quite ready for the next one.

And now some responses to other forum goers:
zotobom wrote:Hey, gotta say this mod looks absolutely amazing.

Thanks for the link!

I left a comment on the topic. Hopefully I get a response, but I do have one theory on how he's doing it. The parenthetical containing "more empires" is the issue at hand. I think we can agree that there are definitely more empires based on his description, but maybe they don't grow bigger and faster directly. Hmm, this idea is very interesting indeed.

Perhaps the fact that there are more empires means that they are closer together, meaning that they would be more likely to be in range of each other to interact -- something less likely in core Spore depending on difficulty level. When they interact, they often start wars and take over each other's land -- causing them to grow faster than their usual colonization rate.

If this is the case, then you would still have to deal with a greatly increased chance of being harassed by Spode's Followers or some other kind of annoying warmongering civilization near you constantly. Imagine starting within four stars of 6 religious civilizations constantly bugging you for money with the threat of war. Ick.
Kisutora wrote:Loving the changes so far, great work!
I have some suggestions:
-Snipped.
I will try to work some of this in, but I believe that some of these mods should remain separate on purpose so that users can install and uninstall components they don't agree with/like. I think some of these already exist separately anyway, but if you want I can try to add some lore to it.
Imho, the biggest problem isn't that empires grow slowly, it's that they don't grow at all until you discover them and even them seemingly only when close?
Venturing out of your homeworld space will net you only one-system empires, and it's boring. I want the excitement of finding a huge 20 system empire out of nowhere, or something like that. If it's somehow possible to change that so empires actually do grow on their own, that'd be the best. But alas i'm not sure that's possible.

For what it's worth, I have played with the Master Of All Worlds mod and I haven't personally seen a big increase in empire growth, it just seemed like vanilla. But that's anecdotal so who knows.
Howis
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Howis »

How's this mod doing? Is it dead? Last update was almost 2 years ago now.

I really enjoy this mod, I think it's among the best for the space stage, but hearing your ideas for updates just makes me wish there was an updated version even more than I already do.
[Signature goes here]
Olyenka
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Olyenka »

What is "Precursor"?
"This thing took like an hour to make but it was so worth it." - me
Obliivious
Creature
Creature

Howis wrote:How's this mod doing? Is it dead? Last update was almost 2 years ago now.

I really enjoy this mod, I think it's among the best for the space stage, but hearing your ideas for updates just makes me wish there was an updated version even more than I already do.
It's been a long time, but if there is some desire for me to work on it again, I will give it a go.
Olyenka wrote:What is "Precursor"?
I'm glad someone asked that question.

Much of the information about the Precursors has been lost to the ages, but they are rumored to be one of the first races to reach the Space Stage. They expanded far and wide among the center of the galaxy, however something happened billions of years ago that caused their mass extinction. Explorers have recently uncovered ancient records at an abandoned Precursor research facility during a deep space expedition that show they sought to bring themselves ever closer to perfection through the development artificial life. The logs detail several unsuccessful and uneventful attempts at creating an intelligence with self-agency, however in one of the last entries of the log, there was mention of an anomaly which caused a power surge in a neural mapping chamber. The remaining logs were quite degraded, but experts were able to restore a partial video recording from the facility's security systems. The footage shows the researchers attacking each other. The facility's sensors indicated that following the struggle, the remaining researchers appeared to have a secondary brainwave pattern, with an almost... digital... signature, as if they had been mentally hijacked. No further records or logs could be extracted from the facility's databanks, and the arrival of the exploration team had triggered an auto-destruct sequence which leveled the facility shortly after their investigation.
Ivy
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Ivy »

Changing the Fanatical Frenzy usage to 5 million Spucks with no real cooldown is an amazing rebalance. I hate it, even if it is objectively better since you can't save-scum it lol.

You claim that cities won't explode when captured, but I find that it still happens (albeit less soo), even when using the precision blaster rather than the now extremely overpowered bombs.

Finally, I've noticed that my spice capacity per colony is doubled (before applying any spice storage). I honestly can't tell if that's from this mod, since it's not in the OP, but I'm assuming as such, since none of my other mods mention it.
Obliivious
Creature
Creature

So I randomly decided to visit this site again to see what happened to the Spore Modding community and I see this.
Ivy wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:32 am Changing the Fanatical Frenzy usage to 5 million Spucks with no real cooldown is an amazing rebalance. I hate it, even if it is objectively better since you can't save-scum it lol.
Died from laughing. I remember trying to rebalance these and all I could think about was how much it would need to hurt before I would really think twice about using it. The idea is to incentivize the player to really build out their civilization; focus on terraforming and making your space as vast as possible to make WMDs feasible.
Ivy wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:32 am You claim that cities won't explode when captured, but I find that it still happens (albeit less soo), even when using the precision blaster rather than the now extremely overpowered bombs.
Yes, the laser / pulse weapons tend to do that if I recall correctly. The bombs have a better time, as long as you don't overkill the city. Finding the right balance as the player progresses from early-space stage to late-space stage is actually pretty hard. I guess I missed the mark on mid-game. The pseudo-story telling was really more the point of the mod, to help make the game have the story it was meant to, but the balancing was supposed to draw the immersion.
Ivy wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:32 am Finally, I've noticed that my spice capacity per colony is doubled (before applying any spice storage). I honestly can't tell if that's from this mod, since it's not in the OP, but I'm assuming as such, since none of my other mods mention it.
Yes, this is the case. I must have missed that in the documentation, but I did change the max spice cap as part of the incentive to focus on building your empire. I found that my own playthroughs of the vanilla space stage lacked the cultivation of spices and terraformed worlds, so I wanted to bring more life to that side of the game by trying to make it a more worthwhile endeavor.

Also, fun fact for whoever still reads this:
When doing some basic tests on item upgrade trees, I actually found this amazing bug in the game that makes for a very interesting playthrough. Although the Grox do not allow trading, you can force them to by making them the first empire you greet. The game has this funny little mechanic where it forces the first empire you meet to trade with you regardless of the circumstances, so if you do this with the Grox, they are forced to trade with you. If you become allies, you can truly become unstoppable, since they are very much likely to be able to sell you the final tier of weapons tech. Deal with the Devil, anyone?
Ivy
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Ivy »

Obliivious wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:38 pm When doing some basic tests on item upgrade trees, I actually found this amazing bug in the game that makes for a very interesting playthrough. Although the Grox do not allow trading, you can force them to by making them the first empire you greet. The game has this funny little mechanic where it forces the first empire you meet to trade with you regardless of the circumstances, so if you do this with the Grox, they are forced to trade with you. If you become allies, you can truly become unstoppable, since they are very much likely to be able to sell you the final tier of weapons tech. Deal with the Devil, anyone?
I think I've seen a video on that on Youtube lmao. the algorithm must have blessed us both with that knowledge.
Nice to see you're still around (well, we're a year apart on replies LOL, but here's hoping). might replay the game once more if you get around to making 0.4!
LordGroxAlot
Cell
Cell

Unread post by LordGroxAlot »

Ok so great mod but once I got close to the galactic core, it didn't work. Is there anyway I can fix this? :?:
If I don't respond do not feel ignored, I'm probably playing Spore. (Making...Things)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “» Stage - Space”