Drone Parts Mod (Version 1.2)

The modificaton of parts, models and abilities.
Deoxys_0
Cell
Cell

Drone Parts Mod (Version 1.2)

Unread post by Deoxys_0 »

The Drone Parts Mod, a mod I've been working on for a while, is finally going public! There are still some unfinished things but nothing that will break compatibility (I have more info on this below) or make the mod unstable.

What does this mod add?

Code: Select all

48 new creature parts, most of which have two to three paint variants, creating a total of 115 new parts.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

The purpose of this mod to allow for better armor on creatures and/or better robot styled creatures.

Credits:
Please note that many of the part models are from ZbrushCore's multi-mesh/model kit pieces. A full list of credits is included in the mod download, which is why it is a zipped file (it has the mod and the credits).

Known Issues:

Some of the parts, especially when using the HD texture fix, will have very faint (actually hard to notice unless you really look) dark spots on certain areas where certain UVs connect. This is not something that can be easily fixed, and may not be fixable at all. However, only a few parts have this and it is still very hard to see.

Scaling parts adjusts the morph handles in how far they stretch out (not how far the part itself stretches). This causes a few of the parts, like the vent part, to have harder to use morph handles when scaled very large. This is an issue associated with the tools I used the create the mod rather than the mod itself. It is not fixable, at least not currently.

The nudge morph handles (the cube shaped ones) collide with the up morph handles. They are both still fully usable but may sometimes be harder to select. This is an issue with the tools I used to make this mod and cannot be fixed, at least not currently.

Some parts, when compressed using morph handles, may appear to be floating. This is not something I can fix, or at least not easily. However, the nudge handle (the square morph handle) should help handle this. Only like two parts are effected by this though.

If you're not running the HD texture fix, some parts that have 'inside' areas on them will paint weird. This is a problem with Spore itself and not something I can fix. However, running some sort of HD texture mod/fix usually corrects this.

Some commonly used shiny paints are not transferring to the parts very well (in terms of making them shiny). This is something that can be fixed and will not break compatibility. I've added it to the to do list below.
To Do:

Add more parts (also known as set two).

Add more paint variants based more on textures such as rusted metal and/or high-tech metal.

Create a better icon and an alternative Dark Injection styled icon for better blending in the Dark Injection mod (requested by rob55rod).

Possible re-arrangement of parts in the menu/alternative list style.

Work on part shininess and getting parts to respond better to different base textures.

Icon and build mode paint adjustments for some parts.

Possibly add custom limbs in the style of the parts.
Concerning Compatibility:

Compatibility is very important to me and I don't want anyone to lose any of their creations when I update the mod. However, some parts, based on any bug reports I may get, may have to be changed in such a way that could break compatibility. HOWEVER, in order to preserve compatibility, any parts changed enough to damage this will remain, in their original forms, in the mod. They will either simply be unlisted or will have their own legacy page. This means that if a part updates drastically, the original, un-updated version of this part will still be in the files, but simply may not be on the menu for placement. This will allow any previous creations that use the part to still fully function both inside and outside of the editors. And, as mentioned earlier, I may simply just create a legacy page for these parts for people who still want to have full access to them along with the new, updated versions.

Download:
Version 1.2:
https://mega.nz/#!RGJ0lJha!rnDCvkDnS1Y3 ... -a-AF4Pvlg

Older Versions:
Version 1:
https://mega.nz/#!RKBCgJqZ!Q3oUeSBj-veT ... DzMjicVsS0

Version 1.1:
https://mega.nz/#!NLxBFTiQ!IF0wJ_zbqGIX ... o0LWUCIkBE

Change Log:

Public version 1.2 released on 12/22/2017.
*Fixed symmetry issues with the following parts:
-Sphere
-Semisphere
-Pauldron
-Poleyn
All four original, un-fixed parts have been moved to legacy.
----------------------------------------
Public version 1.1 released on 8/6/2017.
*Fixed Trapezoidal part being slightly off center on the x-axis. Original has been moved to legacy.
*Updated credits. 
----------------------------------------
Public version 1 released on 8/5/2017.
Note that in the change log, if anything says "moved to legacy," it means the part files are still in the game but are either unlisted or on a separate page. This means creations that use older versions of parts will still be fully functional.

Please report any bugs you find here. You may also post requests/suggestions and any creations you make using the parts. Like all mods that add new parts, especially custom made parts, anything made with the mod will require some sort of force save fix or mod. If you use Dark Injection, there is one built into it that works with all mods.

WARNING:

These new parts, if scaled to maximum and stacked on top of each other multiple times to where they extend past the background (or at least very far off the 'pad' the creature stands on), WILL CRASH THE GAME! Technically this is true for any parts if stacked enough, modded or not, it's just that my parts in particular make it a lot easier to do. So, in short, please do not do this:

Or you're going to end up with this:

I will not take responsibility for any creations that cause crashes or other horror to the game due to the creator going beyond the normal creature bounds! If you're unsure about how big you can make your creation, just don't go any larger than what you could make with any vanilla (non-modded) creation. The parts, when scaled to max, are still useful/safe though. The problem is simply if you start stacking them in towers or stacking them on other parts to purposely get outside of the normal bounds.

If you somehow save a creation like the above or close to it, as in it the game doesn't crash during saving or something like that, know that this creation will crash the game if you attempt to view it in the Sporepedia or place it down in a Galactic Adventure. If it shows up in a single player game, I can only imagine the save game might get corrupted or have other horrors. Again though, this is not an issue specifically caused by mod; this will happen with any parts if you stack them enough to get outside of the normal bounds. It's just that my mod makes it unintentionally easier.
Last edited by Deoxys_0 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CradilySlime
Creature
Creature

Re: Drone Parts Mod (Version 1 released!)

Unread post by CradilySlime »

WOW WHAT NICE DRONE PART Thanks :D
Image i have :ccp:
MosileZ
Cell
Cell

Unread post by MosileZ »

I might be the only one having this issue, but for some reason I cant save any creation i make with your parts. I have force save, I've tried making other creations with other modded parts, but any drone part included tells me it cant be saved.
MosileZ
Cell
Cell

Unread post by MosileZ »

opps nevermind, forgot to edit force save in my E1data.
denor
Cell
Cell

Unread post by denor »

does this mod require galactic adventures
RiskTaker
Creature
Creature

Unread post by RiskTaker »

denor wrote:does this mod require galactic adventures
probably :|
RiskTaker
eme12
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by eme12 »

denor wrote:does this mod require galactic adventures
Try and see if it works without it. Worst case scenario: it just doesn't work and you need to remove the package (which is fairly easy to do).
MarioBabyLuigi
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by MarioBabyLuigi »

I love this mod. It really helps with making some of my characters, who aren't even hard surface. The mod works great for me. It's just that there is some weird symmetry going on sometimes, like some parts don't behave perfectly symmetrical.

This is a pipe dream, but if there is a color pack for each part ala Camben's color mod, I'd be forever happy.
Deoxys_0
Cell
Cell

First off, I would like to apologize for everyone for my long and sudden absence. The source of this was college, as it started to really consume my time and finals were no exception. However, I'm on Christmas break now between semesters so I should start to be on more often for a while.
MarioBabyLuigi wrote:I love this mod. It really helps with making some of my characters, who aren't even hard surface. The mod works great for me. It's just that there is some weird symmetry going on sometimes, like some parts don't behave perfectly symmetrical.

This is a pipe dream, but if there is a color pack for each part ala Camben's color mod, I'd be forever happy.
I'm glad you like the mod, but can you please tell me specifically which parts are having symmetry issues? I thought I smashed the last of those bugs but maybe not.

Also, there will not be more colors like Camben's color mod, at least not in the same sense. I have plans on adding different texture variations but that's it. The reason that I can't make this mod like Camben's color mod is because the bulk of that mod focuses around one single part (the knurldown I believe it's called) and it's simple to create so many color variations for ONE part, because you're just duplicating that same part over and over and over again. However, my mod has a variety of parts, meaning I would have to duplicate every single part literally hundreds of times. If it was only one part (like the knurldown) then this would be very doable, but my mod has over 40 different parts, meaning that even if I did somehow achieve this grand feat, my mod would have more than 4,000 parts, far surpassing Dark Injection. This would make the file size too big to manage (imagine downloading Dark Injection like over 10 times in a single download), with uploading, downloading, and just working on the mod in general. It wouldn't surprise me if Spore Modder simply refused to pack a mod that big. Plus, it would probably lag your game out. And aside from the technical limitations, I simply do not have the patience, and probably not the time either even with my break, to try and attempt such a feat. Camben was able to do it far more easily because it's mostly just the same part repeated over and over again; plain and simple. Also, I have trouble managing 3 versions of one part as is; often times when updating stuff or adding new stuff, one version gets forgotten or messed up and then I have to go back and redo a bunch of things; could you imagine if I had to manage like a hundred versions of one part? Yeah, not happening. Anyway, I apologize that my mod will not be like Camben's mod, but I hope my explanations above will make you understand my concerns.
MarioBabyLuigi
Tribal
Tribal

As I said, that's only a pipe dream, wasn't seriously expecting you to break your back over that. I'm fully aware how much repetitive work it is, but I just wanted to express that it's limited by creature coat and color, that's all. I can definitely work around it, so it's just a tiny nitpick that doesn't subtract from the mod. Not at all.

Anyhow, this is the symmetry problem I'm having. Around the hat area. I highlighted one of the parts to show you that it's a little lopsided.

Deoxys_0
Cell
Cell

MarioBabyLuigi wrote:As I said, that's only a pipe dream, wasn't seriously expecting you to break your back over that. I'm fully aware how much repetitive work it is, but I just wanted to express that it's limited by creature coat and color, that's all. I can definitely work around it, so it's just a tiny nitpick that doesn't subtract from the mod. Not at all.

Anyhow, this is the symmetry problem I'm having. Around the hat area. I highlighted one of the parts to show you that it's a little lopsided.

Could you please attach the .png of that creation, and list any other mods you used on it? I want to check it out myself in-game. I believe you, I'm just having trouble telling what part exactly that is.
MarioBabyLuigi
Tribal
Tribal

I actually put my stuff here; it's part of the later stuff. In the picture I provided, it's a little subtle, but it's visible if you look closely. It's the highlighted blue area near the M on Mario's hat (on Mario's right). It's slightly darker blue than the rest. The lower area of the highlight blue part takes up more space than its mirror counterpart.

Oh, and among the creations in that link, you can also see the lack of perfect symmetry in my Chain Chomp too. It's not noticeable if you simply view it (I minimized the kinkiness of the parts), but if you try editing and adjusting the body and the eyes, it'll be more apparent.

Oh, and one more thing, the coat and detail colors seem to have an effect on each other. I think the detail color affects the coat color slightly. It might be a little annoying especially given the coat color is actually used in-game as your empire's primary color.
Deoxys_0
Cell
Cell

MarioBabyLuigi wrote:I actually put my stuff here; it's part of the later stuff. In the picture I provided, it's a little subtle, but it's visible if you look closely. It's the highlighted blue area near the M on Mario's hat (on Mario's right). It's slightly darker blue than the rest. The lower area of the highlight blue part takes up more space than its mirror counterpart.

Oh, and among the creations in that link, you can also see the lack of perfect symmetry in my Chain Chomp too. It's not noticeable if you simply view it (I minimized the kinkiness of the parts), but if you try editing and adjusting the body and the eyes, it'll be more apparent.

Oh, and one more thing, the coat and detail colors seem to have an effect on each other. I think the detail color affects the coat color slightly. It might be a little annoying especially given the coat color is actually used in-game as your empire's primary color.
I have released a new version that should (hopefully) fix those symmetry issues you're having, although only on new creations (old ones will still be fully accessible though). If you find anymore problems, or problems that I thought I fixed, please let me know.

As for the paint issues; I haven't pin-pointed it specifically yet and this may require more time to fix, assuming I can replicate the problem myself.
I-am-THEdragon
Creature
Creature

Re: Drone Parts Mod (Version 1.2)

Unread post by I-am-THEdragon »

This mod has been fantastic for letting me recreate some of my more 'geometric' characters. I think it's great for any geometric-shaped needs in general, really. I have pity for anyone who stacked these parts on top of each other so much that their game crashed, but at the same time, they had it coming. :lol:
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by paranoid_modder »

I love this mod, but i noticed that the parts coat colors bleed into eachother. If i have a black base and a red detail, then the black parts will have a red tint to them. Any fix for this? or is it just how the game is?

EDIT: i JUST noticed an answer was already posted, SMH sorry about this..
VDHVDH
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by VDHVDH »

I can not save
VDHVDH
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by VDHVDH »

désolé pour le double-post une errreur de connexion
Serujio16
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Serujio16 »

I have this mod and it is completely incredible thanks for all those parts Deoxys_0, if it were possible that these parts were in the building editor it would be a unique mod and I think that one of the best spore in terms of parts
FrenchSPORE
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by FrenchSPORE »

These new parts, if scaled to maximum and stacked on top of each other multiple times to where they extend past the background (or at least very far off the 'pad' the creature stands on), WILL CRASH THE GAME! Technically this is true for any parts if stacked enough, modded or not, it's just that my parts in particular make it a lot easier to do.
Not only put to the maximum etc ... me, my game crashed by stacking pieces that weren't even two centimetres long!! After 3, 4 or 5 pieces! I had also shrunk them, not to the maximum but almost, so... it was very far from an exaggerated stacking! :?
I wanted to make a chain on my creature with the rings, so I had to replace the ''ring'' with the accessory ''antenna". Fortunately, I had already made a model of this creature, I didn't lose it, all I had to do was put a chain on his second version.
I'm French, sorry if there are sentences or words that may seem confusing once translated, or other errors... :?

I play the game disk version, on Windows 7.
I have all the game's expansions and it is up to date.

I have Spore Hero too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Part Mods”