dead

The modificaton of parts, models and abilities.
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Strange and Beautiful: Unique creature parts!

Unread post by Shattered »

Horlocodon wrote:I really appreciated the update there's things I need to tell, the wing parts are glitchy and opposite facing, that nifty foot that you mention time ago is glitching like the part you saw with the red thing, and some parts got replaced, like the trunky mouth, and I like the new hands, mouths, and feet, even the new senses are cool, I wish my idea could have been put, but it must of been so much work

unfortunately making the Right side model for certain parts has been a challenge for me... I intentionally replaced the "Trunky mouth" because it messes up any creature that uses it..

I might try to remake the "Nifty foot" too..

Thanks for killing me
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

MelonLordToph wrote:unfortunately making the Right side model for certain parts has been a challenge for me...
Grab me on Steam sometime, I can help with that.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:
MelonLordToph wrote:unfortunately making the Right side model for certain parts has been a challenge for me...
Grab me on Steam sometime, I can help with that.
YES PLEASE..
Thanks for killing me
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

GucciPoochie wrote:Am I the only one that wishes spore had more degitgrade feet? Feet with raised heels are virtually nonexistent in spore with the exception of the stumplestilt (that toothpick bug foot).

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

New previews!!! Next update will add more Animated sensing parts! including animated noses! (wow!)

Click to preview!
Spoiler
Thanks for killing me
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:
GucciPoochie wrote:Am I the only one that wishes spore had more degitgrade feet? Feet with raised heels are virtually nonexistent in spore with the exception of the stumplestilt (that toothpick bug foot).

The problem with me making digitigrade feet (even though I love them so much) is the fact that I can't get my feet parts to stay on the ground.. They seem to sink into the ground after a certain point.
Thanks for killing me
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

MelonLordToph wrote:New previews!!! Next update will add more Animated sensing parts! including animated noses! (wow!)

Click to preview!
Spoiler
YeeY
MelonLordToph wrote:The problem with me making digitigrade feet (even though I love them so much) is the fact that I can't get my feet parts to stay on the ground.. They seem to sink into the ground after a certain point.
Here's an idea:

Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:
MelonLordToph wrote:New previews!!! Next update will add more Animated sensing parts! including animated noses! (wow!)

Click to preview!
Spoiler
YeeY
MelonLordToph wrote:The problem with me making digitigrade feet (even though I love them so much) is the fact that I can't get my feet parts to stay on the ground.. They seem to sink into the ground after a certain point.
Here's an idea:
I know.. but somehow if my foot is too tall, it sinks into the ground within the game..
I only model the Foot part anyways because I know people can make digitigrade limbs.
Thanks for killing me
TheCluckingDuck
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by TheCluckingDuck »

This mod would be great if the textures weren't just black with whatever base color you choose.
sandwich kingdom
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

TheCluckingDuck wrote:This mod would be great if the textures weren't just black with whatever base color you choose.
funny, because I am getting completely normal textures..
could you send a screenshot?
Thanks for killing me
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

New Parts are in the making!
Look at those powerful claws!!!

Thanks for killing me
TheCluckingDuck
Tribal
Tribal

MelonLordToph wrote:
TheCluckingDuck wrote:This mod would be great if the textures weren't just black with whatever base color you choose.
It's not a bug. I didn't have the mod for long, so I just watched the showcased parts and noticed it.
https://youtu.be/Q5dlJlGYvSY
The parts just appear black with base color, and I really don't like that. It's just so off-putting that I was hesitant to use them, especially when said black colors are just pure black. On the first mouth, the inside looked too pinkish to be natural, and then the rest were either normal or pure black as well.

It's a shame too, I actually liked how some of them are animated. I've never seen anyone capable of making a mouth that can shoot it's tongue out.
sandwich kingdom
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

TheCluckingDuck wrote:
MelonLordToph wrote:
It's not a bug. I didn't have the mod for long, so I just watched the showcased parts and noticed it.
https://youtu.be/Q5dlJlGYvSY
The parts just appear black with base color, and I really don't like that. It's just so off-putting that I was hesitant to use them, especially when said black colors are just pure black. On the first mouth, the inside looked too pinkish to be natural, and then the rest were either normal or pure black as well.

It's a shame too, I actually liked how some of them are animated. I've never seen anyone capable of making a mouth that can shoot it's tongue out.
just letting you know that the black bits don't show up in Creature Stage or paint mode. It only appears in the editor.
Thanks for killing me
TheCluckingDuck
Tribal
Tribal

Well, isn't that nice?
sandwich kingdom
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

TheCluckingDuck wrote:Image
Well, isn't that nice?
I'm getting those fixed believe me. if I only knew how..
Thanks for killing me
WowSporePlayer5000
Creature
Creature

Unread post by WowSporePlayer5000 »

What happened? This mod forum has been offline for nearly a month?
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

Horlocodon wrote:What happened? This mod forum has been offline for nearly a month?
It's been slow.

the mod isn't dead. I just am thinking up new ideas at the moment. and trying to fix old parts.
Thanks for killing me
WowSporePlayer5000
Creature
Creature

Unread post by WowSporePlayer5000 »

Oh, not the mod, the forum? Thx for that reminder, it could take time for cool ideas
DaxMarko
Cell
Cell

Unread post by DaxMarko »

Take your time, since you have already released the mod in (somewhat?) stable state and showed us how amazing it is. I suggest you to focus on fixing the current issues to make a stable version, then add new parts and release it as a "beta" version where people can test them and give feedback, but if they wish a bug-free mod, they can use the stable one.

Also, the mod that adds more parts is something every spore fan has been dreaming of. But everyone has been focusing on creature editor, I was wondering if I could make a mod that adds parts for vehicles, spaceships and buildings (and probably new outfits for tribal, civilization and colony). And because your mod inspires so much, may I ask, how do you exactly make the parts and test them in game? Do you use blender and SporeModder?
Limit
DaxMarko
Cell
Cell

Unread post by DaxMarko »

I tested out your mod now and its really cool, I was able to make this creature using some of your parts. The small spikes behind his head that move on their own is an amazing touch, and I like that a lot.
However, I found some issues, figured out would be good to let you know about 'em so you can fix them in future:
-Seems to happen only to left one. It gave me an idea of similar wings with holes in them, that provide no flight and are purely cosmetic
-Not symmetrical like rest of feet parts
-These feet float above the ground and create a weird, wide gap between them
-Wings seem broken. They are symmetric, but on opposite axis or something
-I wouldn't call this a bug, but more of an anomaly, because I feel like the rotation ring should be in same axis/direction as the part, and not on side. It was somewhat tricky working with it, but I managed to place it upright, mainly using the directional sphere.
And finally, most of part icons are replaced with either your mod's logo or with white square. As much as I understand, the icons are screenshots of the part models from a specific angle, right?
Limit
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Part Mods”