dead

The modificaton of parts, models and abilities.
Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

Shattered
User avatar
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:22 pm
Location: Heaven

Re: Strange and Beautiful: Unique creature parts!

Unread postby Shattered » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:23 pm

Horlocodon wrote:I really appreciated the update there's things I need to tell, the wing parts are glitchy and opposite facing, that nifty foot that you mention time ago is glitching like the part you saw with the red thing, and some parts got replaced, like the trunky mouth, and I like the new hands, mouths, and feet, even the new senses are cool, I wish my idea could have been put, but it must of been so much work



unfortunately making the Right side model for certain parts has been a challenge for me... I intentionally replaced the "Trunky mouth" because it messes up any creature that uses it..

I might try to remake the "Nifty foot" too..
Thanks for killing me

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3432
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Strange and Beautiful: Unique creature parts!

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:07 pm

MelonLordToph wrote:unfortunately making the Right side model for certain parts has been a challenge for me...

Grab me on Steam sometime, I can help with that.

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

Shattered
User avatar
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:22 pm
Location: Heaven

Re: Strange and Beautiful: Unique creature parts!

Unread postby Shattered » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:31 am

rob55rod wrote:
MelonLordToph wrote:unfortunately making the Right side model for certain parts has been a challenge for me...

Grab me on Steam sometime, I can help with that.


YES PLEASE..
Thanks for killing me

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3432
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Strange and Beautiful: Unique creature parts!

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:33 pm

GucciPoochie wrote:Am I the only one that wishes spore had more degitgrade feet? Feet with raised heels are virtually nonexistent in spore with the exception of the stumplestilt (that toothpick bug foot).

Image

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

Shattered
User avatar
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:22 pm
Location: Heaven

Re: Strange and Beautiful: Unique creature parts!

Unread postby Shattered » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:52 pm

New previews!!! Next update will add more Animated sensing parts! including animated noses! (wow!)

Click to preview!
Spoiler: show
Image
Thanks for killing me

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

Shattered
User avatar
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:22 pm
Location: Heaven

Re: Strange and Beautiful: Unique creature parts!

Unread postby Shattered » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:54 pm

rob55rod wrote:
GucciPoochie wrote:Am I the only one that wishes spore had more degitgrade feet? Feet with raised heels are virtually nonexistent in spore with the exception of the stumplestilt (that toothpick bug foot).

Image


The problem with me making digitigrade feet (even though I love them so much) is the fact that I can't get my feet parts to stay on the ground.. They seem to sink into the ground after a certain point.
Thanks for killing me

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3432
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Strange and Beautiful: Unique creature parts!

Unread postby rob55rod » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:49 pm

MelonLordToph wrote:New previews!!! Next update will add more Animated sensing parts! including animated noses! (wow!)

Click to preview!
Spoiler: show
Image

YeeY

MelonLordToph wrote:The problem with me making digitigrade feet (even though I love them so much) is the fact that I can't get my feet parts to stay on the ground.. They seem to sink into the ground after a certain point.

Here's an idea:
Image

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

Shattered
User avatar
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:22 pm
Location: Heaven

Re: Strange and Beautiful: Unique creature parts!

Unread postby Shattered » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:54 pm

rob55rod wrote:
MelonLordToph wrote:New previews!!! Next update will add more Animated sensing parts! including animated noses! (wow!)

Click to preview!
Spoiler: show
Image

YeeY

MelonLordToph wrote:The problem with me making digitigrade feet (even though I love them so much) is the fact that I can't get my feet parts to stay on the ground.. They seem to sink into the ground after a certain point.

Here's an idea:
Image


I know.. but somehow if my foot is too tall, it sinks into the ground within the game..
I only model the Foot part anyways because I know people can make digitigrade limbs.
Thanks for killing me

Sergeant

Sergeant

TheCluckingDuck
User avatar
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:00 pm

Re: Strange and Beautiful: Unique creature parts!

Unread postby TheCluckingDuck » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:25 pm

This mod would be great if the textures weren't just black with whatever base color you choose.
sandwich kingdom

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

Shattered
User avatar
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:22 pm
Location: Heaven

Re: Strange and Beautiful: Unique creature parts!

Unread postby Shattered » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:36 pm

TheCluckingDuck wrote:This mod would be great if the textures weren't just black with whatever base color you choose.


funny, because I am getting completely normal textures..
could you send a screenshot?
Thanks for killing me

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

Shattered
User avatar
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:22 pm
Location: Heaven

Re: Strange and Beautiful: Unique creature parts!

Unread postby Shattered » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:08 pm

New Parts are in the making!
Look at those powerful claws!!!

Image
Thanks for killing me

Sergeant

Sergeant

TheCluckingDuck
User avatar
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:00 pm

Re: Strange and Beautiful: Unique creature parts!

Unread postby TheCluckingDuck » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:28 pm

MelonLordToph wrote:
TheCluckingDuck wrote:This mod would be great if the textures weren't just black with whatever base color you choose.


funny, because I am getting completely normal textures..
could you send a screenshot?

It's not a bug. I didn't have the mod for long, so I just watched the showcased parts and noticed it.
https://youtu.be/Q5dlJlGYvSY
The parts just appear black with base color, and I really don't like that. It's just so off-putting that I was hesitant to use them, especially when said black colors are just pure black. On the first mouth, the inside looked too pinkish to be natural, and then the rest were either normal or pure black as well.

It's a shame too, I actually liked how some of them are animated. I've never seen anyone capable of making a mouth that can shoot it's tongue out.
sandwich kingdom

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

Shattered
User avatar
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:22 pm
Location: Heaven

Re: Strange and Beautiful: Unique creature parts!

Unread postby Shattered » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:57 pm

TheCluckingDuck wrote:
MelonLordToph wrote:
TheCluckingDuck wrote:This mod would be great if the textures weren't just black with whatever base color you choose.


funny, because I am getting completely normal textures..
could you send a screenshot?

It's not a bug. I didn't have the mod for long, so I just watched the showcased parts and noticed it.
https://youtu.be/Q5dlJlGYvSY
The parts just appear black with base color, and I really don't like that. It's just so off-putting that I was hesitant to use them, especially when said black colors are just pure black. On the first mouth, the inside looked too pinkish to be natural, and then the rest were either normal or pure black as well.

It's a shame too, I actually liked how some of them are animated. I've never seen anyone capable of making a mouth that can shoot it's tongue out.


just letting you know that the black bits don't show up in Creature Stage or paint mode. It only appears in the editor.
Thanks for killing me

Sergeant

Sergeant

TheCluckingDuck
User avatar
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:00 pm

Re: Strange and Beautiful: Unique creature parts!

Unread postby TheCluckingDuck » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:49 pm

Image
Well, isn't that nice?
sandwich kingdom

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

Shattered
User avatar
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:22 pm
Location: Heaven

Re: Strange and Beautiful: Unique creature parts!

Unread postby Shattered » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:31 am

TheCluckingDuck wrote:Image
Well, isn't that nice?


I'm getting those fixed believe me. if I only knew how..
Thanks for killing me

Private

Private

Horlocodon
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:16 am

Re: Strange and Beautiful: Unique creature parts!

Unread postby Horlocodon » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:06 pm

What happened? This mod forum has been offline for nearly a month?

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

Shattered
User avatar
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:22 pm
Location: Heaven

Re: Strange and Beautiful: Unique creature parts!

Unread postby Shattered » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:16 pm

Horlocodon wrote:What happened? This mod forum has been offline for nearly a month?


It's been slow.

the mod isn't dead. I just am thinking up new ideas at the moment. and trying to fix old parts.
Thanks for killing me

Private

Private

Horlocodon
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:16 am

Re: Strange and Beautiful: Unique creature parts!

Unread postby Horlocodon » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:09 pm

Oh, not the mod, the forum? Thx for that reminder, it could take time for cool ideas

Recruit

Recruit

DaxMarko
User avatar
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:59 am

Re: Strange and Beautiful: Unique creature parts!

Unread postby DaxMarko » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:33 am

Take your time, since you have already released the mod in (somewhat?) stable state and showed us how amazing it is. I suggest you to focus on fixing the current issues to make a stable version, then add new parts and release it as a "beta" version where people can test them and give feedback, but if they wish a bug-free mod, they can use the stable one.

Also, the mod that adds more parts is something every spore fan has been dreaming of. But everyone has been focusing on creature editor, I was wondering if I could make a mod that adds parts for vehicles, spaceships and buildings (and probably new outfits for tribal, civilization and colony). And because your mod inspires so much, may I ask, how do you exactly make the parts and test them in game? Do you use blender and SporeModder?
Limit

Recruit

Recruit

DaxMarko
User avatar
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:59 am

Re: Strange and Beautiful: Unique creature parts!

Unread postby DaxMarko » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:14 am

I tested out your mod now and its really cool, I was able to make this creature using some of your parts. The small spikes behind his head that move on their own is an amazing touch, and I like that a lot.
Image
However, I found some issues, figured out would be good to let you know about 'em so you can fix them in future:
-Seems to happen only to left one. It gave me an idea of similar wings with holes in them, that provide no flight and are purely cosmetic
Image
-Not symmetrical like rest of feet parts
Image
-These feet float above the ground and create a weird, wide gap between them
Image
-Wings seem broken. They are symmetric, but on opposite axis or something
Image
-I wouldn't call this a bug, but more of an anomaly, because I feel like the rotation ring should be in same axis/direction as the part, and not on side. It was somewhat tricky working with it, but I managed to place it upright, mainly using the directional sphere.
Image
And finally, most of part icons are replaced with either your mod's logo or with white square. As much as I understand, the icons are screenshots of the part models from a specific angle, right?
Limit


Return to “Part Mods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest