Dark Injection dev log

The modificaton of parts, models and abilities.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Dark Injection dev log

Unread post by rob55rod »

[center]Image[/center]

This is now a thread where I post development updates. Fweeee.

Old OP:
Spoiler
The Dark Injection 9.r open beta HAS BEGUN!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, and welcome to the next phase of the Dark Injection. Here, you will find new experiences, parts, and other things beyond your wildest dreams.

A small fragment of this mod is available on the main Dark Injection thread, and the whole package will be entering open beta soon. If you have any "help" questions, please look at the FAQ, and ask for help only if your question is not answered there, if the answer provided does not work, or if you are unable to execute the answer provided. If you have any non-"help" questions, the FAQ may or may not answer them. If you are not satisfied with the answer provided, feel free to ask for more information, and (if at all possible) I will be happy to answer. I am aware that occasionally you may miss a point while reading the FAQ, and in the event that you do, don't worry. Everyone makes mistakes. I'll just point you to the answer in the FAQ, and then we'll be fine, unless you want more information, in which case I'd be happy to clarify if possible, as previously stated. If you want to help with the update, or you'd like to suggest a feature or report a bug, please do so on this thread.

My old, partially outdated rant on why this update is happening:
Spoiler
Well, for the longest time, I've been waiting for the next DI update, for more textures to be fixed, for...ANY NEWS AT ALL. Nothing. For almost a YEAR. I don't know what's up, but I eventually became so BORED waiting, that I decided to stop passively waiting and take action. Yes, that's right, I, rob55rod, am making the next Dark Injection update. This update is DAVO-CERTIFIED as of September 26th, 2014. This update will probably not contain many new features, but it will contain new parts, featuring unused textures I've found in Darkspore's files, and other stuff inspired by early concept art for Darkspore. Also, the part organization will be fine-tuned here and there. No release yet, though.[/ spoiler]

Old news:
Spoiler
THE "YOU GET TO TRY SOME STUFF" UPDATE HAS ARRIVED:
THE MINI-RELEASE IS OUT!! Requires DI 9 or earlier. Get it here:DOWNLOAD

EDIT: Forgot to credit Camßεn for the idea behind this mini-release. Woops :lol:

A "YOU GET TO TRY SOME STUFF" UPDATE:
There will be a small mini-release very soon, as soon as my computer is up and running again.

A "NEW STUFF" UPDATE:
The only unused model I've found in Darkspore's files.
Beta Skar's weapons!
Gravity Mage's head and Binary Star Shaman's Staff!
Full credit to Camßεn for this idea, I just went and spent around three hours making it happen xD
I finally fixed the Adjustable Guard and Obsidian Deflector, which have been broken for as long as I can remember, possibly since the beginning!
I don't know why, but these took me 15 Hours to create. Regardless, there you have it: Beta Zrin's Right Shoulder Pad thingy!

ANOTHER DEVELOPMENT UPDATE:
After 3 years of absence, the stretchable bones from v3 make their triumphant return. See for yourself:

A DEVELOPMENT UPDATE:
I think I've fixed the camera bugs, but I'll need a few Steam users to test the fix and help me confirm that. Also, the new UI I've been working on is coming along! Here, have some screenshots:
But for those of you who like Davo's UI, that will be an option too!

YET ANOTHER UPDATE:
This is now a loose collaboration. Davo's back on the project!

ANOTHER UPDATE:
There's a FAQ now: http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewto ... =26&t=5328

UPDATE (disregard this, only present for sake of completeness):
Would you like to help make this update happen? Do you want to see a release faster? WELL NOW YOU CAN!!! Here's how:
If you don't know a thing about modding and don't own Darkspore but want to help speed up the process even so:
There is a way you can do that! You might not think so, but one of the hardest parts of this is locating the parts that need fixing in the first place! You can help with this, by...well, slapping parts on a creature, and PMing me a list of the ones that have broken textures (e.g. muddy colouring, peculiar layer mapping, etc), either by part name, or prop.xml name. For clearest view of the layer mapping, I recommend the following colours: Base = Bright Yellow, Coat = Bright Red, Detail = Royal Blue .
If you don't know a thing about modding but own Darkspore and want to help speed up the process even so:
If you have unlocked a large number of Biogenetic heroes and you have apocalypse weapons for those heroes, you can help by providing screenshots of those heroes with those weapons equipped.

INITIAL SCREENIES:
Image[/ spoiler]

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Dark Injection 9.r - COMING SOON

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

I'm going to admit, the only request I have for this right now is to have the original base game cell parts. The original Dark Injection had these versions you couldn't share, and if the mod was removed, the parts turned into cubes.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Peenut2k7 wrote:I'm going to admit, the only request I have for this right now is to have the original base game cell parts. The original Dark Injection had these versions you couldn't share, and if the mod was removed, the parts turned into cubes.
    WHAT!?!?! I...had no idea. Admittedly I can rarely play Cell stage (Windows 8.1 and Spore should never be allowed to mix), but I'll gladly try to fix that. I only know of one thing that could cause that, and, unfortunately, fixing it will cause that cube effect on all cells made with previous versions of the mod in order to prevent it from happening to future cells. Would that be worth it to you? If there are any other bugs you know of, please tell me, and I'll try to fix them. What do you think of the current features? I want to be sure I'm going in the right direction with this.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
    Peenut2k7
    Civilian
    Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
      Peenut2k7 wrote:I'm going to admit, the only request I have for this right now is to have the original base game cell parts. The original Dark Injection had these versions you couldn't share, and if the mod was removed, the parts turned into cubes.
      WHAT!?!?! I...had no idea. Admittedly I can rarely play Cell stage (Windows 8.1 and Spore should never be allowed to mix), but I'll gladly try to fix that. I only know of one thing that could cause that, and, unfortunately, fixing it will cause that cube effect on all cells made with previous versions of the mod in order to prevent it from happening to future cells. Would that be worth it to you? If there are any other bugs you know of, please tell me, and I'll try to fix them. What do you think of the current features? I want to be sure I'm going in the right direction with this.
      If there are any other bugs I can note, it's that the Biotic Stalker and Ethereal Necrowing parts have very... ODD texture bugs involving having their textures phase into the terrain at certain camera angles in the editor, not sure about ingame. Also, they both have a strange transparency glitch going on with the model itself.

Also, the proboscis models go absolutely mad if you use a morph handle on them.
      rob55rod
      Admin
      Admin

Peenut2k7 wrote:
      rob55rod wrote:
        If there are any other bugs I can note, it's that the Biotic Stalker and Ethereal Necrowing parts have very... ODD texture bugs involving having their textures phase into the terrain at certain camera angles in the editor, not sure about ingame. Also, they both have a strange transparency glitch going on with the model itself.

I am so sorry to say this, but...
        http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BSl_aDe4XvQ to fix those. Actually, once EMD releases SporeModder, the derpy rendering might be fixable.

Peenut2k7
        Civilian
        Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
        Peenut2k7 wrote:
        Peenut2k7 and rob55rod wrote:-snippity sox i hate the grox-

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BSl_aDe4XvQ to fix those. Actually, once EMD releases SporeModder, the derpy rendering might be fixable.
        It's fine, just as long as sharable cell parts are reinstated. I don't usually have DI on my game, so maybe when your version rolls around I can finally have it as my only permanent mod besides CamBen's knurl-down pack!
        rob55rod
        Admin
        Admin

Peenut2k7 wrote:
        rob55rod wrote:
        Peenut2k7 wrote:If there are any other bugs I can note, it's that the Biotic Stalker and Ethereal Necrowing parts have very... ODD texture bugs involving having their textures phase into the terrain at certain camera angles in the editor, not sure about ingame. Also, they both have a strange transparency glitch going on with the model itself.

It's fine, just as long as sharable cell parts are reinstated. I don't usually have DI on my game, so maybe when your version rolls around I can finally have it as my only permanent mod besides CamBen's knurl-down pack!
        I'd like to make that happen, so I'll do what I can. Also, those two parts with the messed up rendering...well, they're fine in-game.

Davo
        The Boss
        The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

This forum belongs to my moderators as of right now.

You have my full support.

On a side note. I made a huge post on DI thread that the mod was up for grabs and that i have retired from any real modding.

The site here as you see it is what it is for now and i have put my full attention into game development.
        The plan is to release a slew of games made by me and my crack staff of stoner game testers. The future of DavoOnline will bring forth a new fun arcade full of wacky games and interesting tools and tutorials... Hopefully...
        rob55rod
        Admin
        Admin

Davo wrote:This forum belongs to my moderators as of right now.

You have my full support.

On a side note. I made a huge post on DI thread that the mod was up for grabs and that i have retired from any real modding.

The site here as you see it is what it is for now and i have put my full attention into game development.
        The plan is to release a slew of games made by me and my crack staff of stoner game testers. The future of DavoOnline will bring forth a new fun arcade full of wacky games and interesting tools and tutorials... Hopefully...
        Well...that was part happy news, part grim reality. It seems I somehow missed that post. This update just got WAY more serious. Wow. I...was going to add a reply on the original DI threads, but if you're fully supporting this update, then...would I be pushing it if I asked you about adding a link to this thread in the original thread, or the download page?

Davo
        The Boss
        The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

There's a reason i made you a moderator :)
        rob55rod
        Admin
        Admin

Davo wrote:There's a reason i made you a moderator :)
        I had no idea I could edit...your posts! Alright, never mind, I can do it myself, it seems. :mrgreen:

Bluearga
        Tribal
        Tribal

Unread post by Bluearga »

I'm missing two things:
        -unlimited zooming parts.
        -unlimited reduction size parts.
        rob55rod
        Admin
        Admin

Bluearga wrote:I'm missing two things:
        Um...there's already a mod for that. And a hack. The mod still works, provided it's higher than Dark Injection in your load order. Not sure about the hack.

Vallachan
        Sentient
        Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

rob55rod wrote:
        Bluearga wrote:I'm missing two things:
        Um...there's already a mod for that. And a hack. The mod still works, provided it's higher than Dark Injection in your load order. Not sure about the hack.
        I'll probably integrate it into the next version of dark genetics. It won't be infinite, but it'll be extended. Making the mouths have infinite size doesn't allow for voice pitch changing.
        Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
        Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
        Bluearga
        Tribal
        Tribal

Unread post by Bluearga »

Yes, is the hack but after save the creature this effect disappears.

Now, I came up with another idea;
        -Annoys me target system in this game. I do not know if this is possible, but some of the abilities would not require the selected target. This allows we to create monster hunter like adventure and would have more action.
        -Mines and other items should give to put in the air, so that it fell(and detonate!)
        rob55rod
        Admin
        Admin

Bluearga wrote:Yes, is the hack but after save the creature this effect disappears.

Now, I came up with another idea;
        -Annoys me target system in this game. I do not know if this is possible, but some of the abilities would not require the selected target. This allows we to create monster hunter like adventure and would have more action.
        -Mines and other items should give to put in the air, so that it fell(and detonate!)
        That belongs in mod request. Put it there instead. This thread is not for ideas.

Peenut2k7
        Civilian
        Civilian

Alright, time for another request involving this mod, this time involving the coloring.

You see, I'm the type of person who likes sharing things... and I often use Wrottentails and Hearties to color a creature with the coat color. Unfortunately, with the original Dark Injection, I find that both parts are set to color the detail layer... is it possible to make them coat-colored again, though possibly a tad more vibrant than the core game? As for my second request... simple. Most of the eyes look... strange without pupils. I do hope I don't sound demanding, but these changes would likely make the mod a keeper for me, for the most part.
        rob55rod
        Admin
        Admin

Peenut2k7 wrote:Alright, time for another request involving this mod, this time involving the coloring.

You see, I'm the type of person who likes sharing things... and I often use Wrottentails and Hearties to color a creature with the coat color. Unfortunately, with the original Dark Injection, I find that both parts are set to color the detail layer... is it possible to make them coat-colored again, though possibly a tad more vibrant than the core game? As for my second request... simple. Most of the eyes look... strange without pupils. I do hope I don't sound demanding, but these changes would likely make the mod a keeper for me, for the most part.
        First bug? Rename Arenas_Textures.package to zArenas_Textures.package, rename Arenas_RDX9.package to zArenas_RDX9.package, and move both of them from SPORE_EP1/Data to SPORE/Data. Second bug...show me what you're talking about.

Peenut2k7
        Civilian
        Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
        Peenut2k7 wrote:Alright, time for another request involving this mod, this time involving the coloring.

First bug? Rename Arenas_Textures.package to zArenas_Textures.package, rename Arenas_RDX9.package to zArenas_RDX9.package, and move both of them from SPORE_EP1/Data to SPORE/Data. Second bug...show me what you're talking about.
        Actually, they're both not 'bugs', as much as fairly irritating features from Davo's original versions. As for the 'No Pupils' issue, Dark Injection changes most of the Core/C&C eyes to have no pupils, and simply yellow voids in the editor. Of course, while it's good that the eyes can be colored, it's not too great that the pupils for the eyes have been removed. Of course, thank you for the solution to both issues, considering the first fix actually fixes both.
        rob55rod
        Admin
        Admin

Peenut2k7 wrote:
        rob55rod wrote:

Actually, they're both not 'bugs', as much as fairly irritating features from Davo's original versions. As for the 'No Pupils' issue, Dark Injection changes most of the Core/C&C eyes to have no pupils, and simply yellow voids in the editor. Of course, while it's good that the eyes can be colored, it's not too great that the pupils for the eyes have been removed. Of course, thank you for the solution to both issues, considering the first fix actually fixes both.
        I consider them bugs. The whole eyes thing looked great in Darkspore, but it kinda creeped me out in Spore, because back in v3.501478what3v3r, I thought it made the creatures look like zombies or something.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Part Mods”