Dark Injection dev log

The modificaton of parts, models and abilities.
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Dark Injection 9.r dev log (OPEN BETA)

Unread post by Flames Kid »

rob55rod wrote:
Davo wrote:when darkspore was in beta, i managed to make a mod that bypassed the login button and go straight in to the game, even when beta servers were off. never got past the character screen tho i believe.
WHAT

HOW

WHERE

O:
exactly my reaction
(i want it to)
(sorry to be commenting so much)

:di: I am just a simulation §§§§§§§
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by paranoid_modder »

rob55rod wrote:Image
HEY LOOK AN INSTALLER
I didnt even think about the option for an installer.. i love when i get the option to chose like this. I LOVE IT! :D
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Look at what ive been working on https://sketchfab.com/models/215b2878bf ... 17132cd454
the model it the test drive darkspore editor chamber from the :di: files but i couldn't find the textures so i had to colour it my self
Foonce2017
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Foonce2017 »

I have no idea how to use these fora because I am much too old but my son is driving me mad, hassling me to install Dark Injections. I have installed the Arenas stuff into my core Spore folder (although there appear to be two of these, one under Electronic Arts and one under Origin) so I installed it into both. I have then downloaded the other files into my Galactic Adventures data file under Origin and still no luck. However, the installation instructions provided with the beta files say 'Install !!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta2-0-6_zzFoundation_LC.package' as the first action, but don't say where to install it? Should this file be separated from the rest and put into the core Spore folder too, or downloaded with the rest into the Galactic Adventures file? Please help - my patience with my son is wearing thin...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Foonce2017 wrote:I have no idea how to use these fora because I am much too old but my son is driving me mad, hassling me to install Dark Injections. I have installed the Arenas stuff into my core Spore folder (although there appear to be two of these, one under Electronic Arts and one under Origin) so I installed it into both. I have then downloaded the other files into my Galactic Adventures data file under Origin and still no luck. However, the installation instructions provided with the beta files say 'Install !!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta2-0-6_zzFoundation_LC.package' as the first action, but don't say where to install it? Should this file be separated from the rest and put into the core Spore folder too, or downloaded with the rest into the Galactic Adventures file? Please help - my patience with my son is wearing thin...
Apologies for my terribly vague instructions (I suck at writing things that work the first time lol, this is why I normally prefer to guide users individually ._. ). the zArenas_ packages are the only thing that goes in the Core Spore Data folder. Everything else goes unter GA Data.

Alternatively, if you're too fed up to fight with it any further, you could just wait for the next release, which will be the first to provide an easy installer. It will be out very, very soon, and also includes numerous bugfixes and a small handful of new features.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
TheFlorifant
Cell
Cell

Unread post by TheFlorifant »

i couldn't find a thread for bugs, so i'm just gonna post it here, i have tried v8, v9 and v9.r but in every version both steam and origin, i cant get invisible limbs to connect to eachother, only thing that wants to connect is invisible fram in v9.r Does anyone else have this issue?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

TheFlorifant wrote:i couldn't find a thread for bugs, so i'm just gonna post it here, i have tried v8, v9 and v9.r but in every version both steam and origin, i cant get invisible limbs to connect to eachother, only thing that wants to connect is invisible fram in v9.r Does anyone else have this issue?
Try holding CTRL while dragging the limb segments to attach or separate them.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
TheFlorifant
Cell
Cell

Unread post by TheFlorifant »

rob55rod wrote:
TheFlorifant wrote:i couldn't find a thread for bugs, so i'm just gonna post it here, i have tried v8, v9 and v9.r but in every version both steam and origin, i cant get invisible limbs to connect to eachother, only thing that wants to connect is invisible fram in v9.r Does anyone else have this issue?
Omg, that should be better documented in my opinion, but hella thanks!!!!!!!!!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

TheFlorifant wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Omg, that should be better documented in my opinion, but hella thanks!!!!!!!!!
No problem. And IMO you're right, the Spore devs should've done more to make players aware of that feature.

Also I replied to your PM.

TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by TheUltraCube6723 »

First of all, might I add that this update is the best DI has ever had? Very satisfied overall. I do have a bit of constructive criticism. The infinite complexities for creatures and vehicles/buildings should be separate, some of us do actually make and share our vehicles/buildings..
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:First of all, might I add that this update is the best DI has ever had? Very satisfied overall.
:DDDDDDDDDDD
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:I do have a bit of constructive criticism. The infinite complexities for creatures and vehicles/buildings should be separate, some of us do actually make and share our vehicles/buildings..
Hm, good idea...I guess I can afford to split that component up. Thanks for the suggestion.

In the meantime, you can use the DI Configurator (available through the ModAPI Easy Uninstaller) to disable the Infinite Complexity feature as needed.

Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Two things about the new update:
1. Is it compatible with the new client
2.Do you have to uninstall the previous version of :di: to use the installer/newer versions
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

PLease i need help!
i cant figure out how to install it :'(
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Unread post by Darhagonable »

Flames Kid wrote:Two things about the new update:
1. Is it compatible with the new client
yes
Flames Kid wrote: 2.Do you have to uninstall the previous version of :di: to use the installer/newer versions
the installer should do everyting for you, just download the .sporemod file and use the Easy Installer on it (remember to run as an admin)
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

could you please post a tutorial vid. i dont know what im doing wrong
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Flames Kid wrote:could you please post a tutorial vid. i dont know what im doing wrong
I can't tell you what you did wrong if I don't know what you did at all. Walk me through what you did to install the mod that didn't work, then I'll let you know what you did wrong (bar the off chance that it's not an issue on your end).

Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

i downloaded the !!!!!2017_DI_9_r_Beta2-1-6.sporemod (when it downloaded it was called:!!!!!2017_DI_9_r_Beta2-1-6.sporemod.crdownload so i renamed it to a sporemod file) and Spore mod api and extracted it and ran the Spore ModAPI Easy Installer.exe and selected the !!!!!2017_DI_9_r_Beta2-1-6.sporemod file and it gave me this error message:The mod "!!!!!2017_DI_9_r_Beta2-1-6" could not be installed. End of Central Directory record could not be found.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Flames Kid wrote:i downloaded the !!!!!2017_DI_9_r_Beta2-1-6.sporemod (when it downloaded it was called:!!!!!2017_DI_9_r_Beta2-1-6.sporemod.crdownload so i renamed it to a sporemod file) and Spore mod api and extracted it and ran the Spore ModAPI Easy Installer.exe and selected the !!!!!2017_DI_9_r_Beta2-1-6.sporemod file and it gave me this error message:The mod "!!!!!2017_DI_9_r_Beta2-1-6" could not be installed. End of Central Directory record could not be found.
Well there's your problem: You interrupted the download. Don't do that.

Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

opps. Thanks this time i will not do that (embaressed chuckles)
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Part Mods”