Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.2 (Updated 1/17/20)

The modificaton of parts, models and abilities.
tklarenb
First Class
First Class
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.2 (Updated 1/17/20)

Unread postby tklarenb » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:07 pm

rob55rod wrote:
tklarenb wrote:I am busy with real life and I am unable to open the rw4 files for them

If by that, you mean that you're unable to import the existing rw4 models into Blender using the current iteration of the SporeModder Blender addon, then I would recommend that you file an issue on the GitHub repository for the addon, in the hopes that Emd may be able to improve its import compatibility in the future.

Posted the issue. I don't have an issue importing the parts I just made, but everything that's older is having issues.

Also just a quick update on progress on the mod itself, I did manage to make a new version of the Pteranodon head that animates and has morphs for the following:
Pteranodon male and female
Geosternbergia male and female
Quetzalcoatlus
Hatzegopteryx
Nyctosaurus

I'm not uploading that yet though, since I'm going to look into updating the rest of the heads plus I have several new head types in mind to add.

EDIT:
Another update on what will be coming out in v1.3, made a new ceratopsian head that has morphs for the following 8 species:
Styracosaurus
Centrosaurus
Einiosaurus
Chasmosaurus
Kosmoceratops
Diabloceratops
Achelousaurus
Pachyrhinosaurus

xzCrossfire
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:06 am

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.2 (Updated 1/17/20)

Unread postby xzCrossfire » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:11 am

This mod is pretty much great, has great models and is really useful.

Unfortunately I have some weird stuff happening. I'm using ModAPI and several other mods, and whenever I try to install this mod, ModAPI Installer tells me that the mod is already being ran by another process. It worked perfectly before I started using ModAPI and other mods, so it could be that mod isn't compatible with another mod or two.

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3983
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.2 (Updated 1/17/20)

Unread postby rob55rod » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:25 am

xzCrossfire wrote:Unfortunately I have some weird stuff happening. I'm using ModAPI and several other mods, and whenever I try to install this mod, ModAPI Installer tells me that the mod is already being ran by another process. It worked perfectly before I started using ModAPI and other mods, so it could be that mod isn't compatible with another mod or two.

Doubtful. Where are you trying to install the mod from?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

tklarenb
First Class
First Class
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.2 (Updated 1/17/20)

Unread postby tklarenb » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:12 pm

rob55rod wrote:
xzCrossfire wrote:Unfortunately I have some weird stuff happening. I'm using ModAPI and several other mods, and whenever I try to install this mod, ModAPI Installer tells me that the mod is already being ran by another process. It worked perfectly before I started using ModAPI and other mods, so it could be that mod isn't compatible with another mod or two.

Doubtful. Where are you trying to install the mod from?


Considering all this mod does is add parts, pretty much the only way there'd be a conflict I believe is if another mod used the same file names, which like robb55rod said is extremely unlikely. If you can't get the ModAPI to work you should be able to install it the old way by dropping it into the Spore GA data folder (that's what I'm doing myself as I'm building the mod). The path should be something like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SPORE Galactic Adventures\Data

Also, another update on the v1.3, it's probably going to be the biggest update this mod has seen. Not sure when it's going to come out since there's a ton I want to add. So far I've built a few new heads and have updated some of the old heads, all of which have animations and morphs for other species. Only issue I'm running into is parts with morphs don't animate outside the editor (so I won't be touching the four original heads that animated at all), but it's better than no animations. Here's a break down of everything that'll be added (including those from my last post). Names that are tabbed in are morphs of the untabbed part above them.

Completed

Pteranodon male
    Pteranodon female
    Geosternbergia male and female
    Quetzalcoatlus
    Hatzegopteryx
    Nyctosaurus
    Tupandactylus
    Tapejara
Styracosaurus
    Centrosaurus
    Einiosaurus
    Chasmosaurus
    Kosmoceratops
    Diabloceratops
    Achelousaurus
    Pachyrhinosaurus
Triceratops horidus
    Triceratops prorsus - Adult, adolescent, juvenile, hatchling
    Torosaurus
    Nasutoceratops
Gallimimus
    Struthiomimus
    Mononykus
    Deinocheirus
Nile Crocodile
    American Alligator
    Gharial male and female
    Champsosaurus
    Sarcosuchus
    Deinosuchus
    Kaprosuchus

Anzu
    Oviraptor
    Heyuannia
    Khaan
    Gigantoraptor
    Caudipteryx

WIP

Dilophosaurus
    Guanlong
    Monolophosaurus
    Coelophysis
    Liliensternus
    Cryolophosaurus (might end up being it's own part, depends on if I can warp its crest properly from Dilophosaurus's)

Planned
(this section is subject to change, mainly in that more might be added to the list)


Update current heads with animations and possibly morphs (which will be some of the below)
Therizinosaurids
Gorgonopsids
Dimetrodon
Toothed pterosaurs
Ichthyosaurs
Smaller ceratopsians (Protoceratops, Leptoceratops, etc)
Pliosaurs
More tyrannosaurids
More ankylosaurids
Thescelosaurus
More sauropods
More hadrosaurs

xzCrossfire
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:06 am

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.2 (Updated 1/17/20)

Unread postby xzCrossfire » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:51 am

Before I reply, I need to say that is alot of dinosaur heads and, considering how already existing heads looked, I'm really excited to see how it will look in the end.

Anyway, I'm using the steam version and I'm putting the files in DataEP1. There I have some other mods like Dark Injection, Enhanced Color Picker and similar. I also found out that if I try to install any other mod with ModAPI, it just doesn't allow me, telling me that the .package files are already being used "by another process".
Putting the .package files inside the Data folder also doesn't work.
It must be a problem with ModAPI, unless the mod is using the same file names as some other mod, which is, as you already said, very unlikely.

tklarenb
First Class
First Class
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.2 (Updated 1/17/20)

Unread postby tklarenb » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:17 am

xzCrossfire wrote:Anyway, I'm using the steam version and I'm putting the files in DataEP1. There I have some other mods like Dark Injection, Enhanced Color Picker and similar. I also found out that if I try to install any other mod with ModAPI, it just doesn't allow me, telling me that the .package files are already being used "by another process".
Putting the .package files inside the Data folder also doesn't work.
It must be a problem with ModAPI, unless the mod is using the same file names as some other mod, which is, as you already said, very unlikely.


Oh yeah, forgot about the issue with Steam Spore. I have the Origin version, so I don't know what exactly the differences are between installing mods between the two versions, but I'll try to help.

The error you're describing definitely sounds more like an issue with ModAPI over an issue with the mods. I just tested installing my mod myself through ModAPI and it worked just fine (I have both mods you mentioned plus a huge amount of others). Repeating rob55rod's question, where are you installing the mods from? I myself just download mods directly to my desktop and install from there. Not sure if where your mod file is located would make a difference, but it might.

I know this is the standard IT question, but have you tried restarting your computer? That might stop whatever process ModAPI thinks your package files are being used by. Also, I highly doubt you're doing this (just trying to cover everything I can think of), but make sure your game isn't running when you're trying to install. If none of that works, you might also want to try reinstalling ModAPI itself.

xzCrossfire
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:06 am

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.2 (Updated 1/17/20)

Unread postby xzCrossfire » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:59 pm

I'm downloading the .package (or .sporemod files) on the desktop, then I move them to DataEP1 folder(Which is probably just Data for the Origin version) and from there I use ModAPI to install them (before I used ModAPI, I would just put the .package files in the folder and launch the game, and it worked).
I also did try restarting the computer, but it doesn't seem to work. What really happens is that, the first time I start the computer it tells me that I can't install it (that it is being used by another process), and the every other time it just says that it is "Installed" ("!tklarenb_dinosaur_parts_v1.2 has been successfully installed") which is obviously
I never have Spore running while I'm installing mods. I also have the newest version of ModAPI, but just in case, I'm going to try to reinstall it.

I also just noticed that I made a mistake, I have got Spore as a gift from my cousin and I just remembered he told me he got It from GOG. This is really embarassing, not sure how I didn't remember. I am also pretty sure that GOG won't cause any trouble?

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3983
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.2 (Updated 1/17/20)

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:08 pm

xzCrossfire wrote:I'm downloading the .package (or .sporemod files) on the desktop, then I move them to DataEP1 folder(Which is probably just Data for the Origin version) and from there I use ModAPI to install them (before I used ModAPI, I would just put the .package files in the folder and launch the game, and it worked).

No, don't move the mod to the DataEP1 folder. Just let the Spore ModAPI Easy Installer do its job.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

xzCrossfire
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:06 am

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.2 (Updated 1/17/20)

Unread postby xzCrossfire » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:07 am

Okay, but pretty sure that doesn't make a difference?

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3983
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.2 (Updated 1/17/20)

Unread postby rob55rod » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:35 am

xzCrossfire wrote:Okay, but pretty sure that doesn't make a difference?

The entire reason I mentioned it was because I expect it will make a difference to the issue you described.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
Olyenka
First Class
First Class
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.2 (Updated 1/17/20)

Unread postby Olyenka » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:16 am

I really love this mod, but I do have one little nitpick. A lot of the theropod heads (the raptor(?) heads in particular) look too thin in the front, like they've been squished on the sides. Most of the other heads are like this too, but to a lesser extant.

Also, none of the heads have names. They're all labeled "???".
"This thing took like an hour to make but it was so worth it." - me

tklarenb
First Class
First Class
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.2 (Updated 1/17/20)

Unread postby tklarenb » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:50 pm

Olyenka wrote:I really love this mod, but I do have one little nitpick. A lot of the theropod heads (the raptor(?) heads in particular) look too thin in the front, like they've been squished on the sides. Most of the other heads are like this too, but to a lesser extant.

Also, none of the heads have names. They're all labeled "???".


I'm not going to claim my models are perfect (they aren't), but the thing is dinosaur heads were pretty skinny. Movies like Jurassic Park and other pop culture depictions of dinosaurs tend to beef them up a bit from what they were like in real life. When I model these I'm usually using diagrams of fossils as reference. Here's two of my raptors lined up with top down views of their skulls:

Velociraptor
Image

Utahraptor
Image

They aren't 100% accurate to the images, but they're pretty close. Also, the small differences here can probably be explained by these not being the exact images I used when modeling them (I modeled these over 2 years ago so I don't know the exact images I used).

Also in regards to them not having names, the modding tutorials I've found don't really cover that. I could probably figure that out with a little more research (I do know what file needs to be edited, just not how to edit it), but that's very low on my list of priorities with this mod considering it does nothing except give you a little bit of text.

xzCrossfire
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:06 am

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.2 (Updated 1/17/20)

Unread postby xzCrossfire » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:32 am

rob55rod wrote:
xzCrossfire wrote:Okay, but pretty sure that doesn't make a difference?

The entire reason I mentioned it was because I expect it will make a difference to the issue you described.



Okay, man, chill out. It didn't make a difference.

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3983
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.2 (Updated 1/17/20)

Unread postby rob55rod » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:49 am

xzCrossfire wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
xzCrossfire wrote:Okay, but pretty sure that doesn't make a difference?

The entire reason I mentioned it was because I expect it will make a difference to the issue you described.

Okay, man, chill out.

No need to tell me to 'chill out', I wasn't angered by your response. I apologize if my post sounded hostile...human communication isn't perfect, especially when stripped down to mere text, y'know?

xzCrossfire wrote:It didn't make a difference.

Well there goes that hypothesis...could you please post a screenshot of the error message you described earlier, in its entirety?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
Olyenka
First Class
First Class
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.2 (Updated 1/17/20)

Unread postby Olyenka » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:56 am

tklarenb wrote:
Olyenka wrote:I really love this mod, but I do have one little nitpick. A lot of the theropod heads (the raptor(?) heads in particular) look too thin in the front, like they've been squished on the sides. Most of the other heads are like this too, but to a lesser extant.

Also, none of the heads have names. They're all labeled "???".


I'm not going to claim my models are perfect (they aren't), but the thing is dinosaur heads were pretty skinny. Movies like Jurassic Park and other pop culture depictions of dinosaurs tend to beef them up a bit from what they were like in real life. When I model these I'm usually using diagrams of fossils as reference. Here's two of my raptors lined up with top down views of their skulls:

Velociraptor
Image

Utahraptor
Image

They aren't 100% accurate to the images, but they're pretty close. Also, the small differences here can probably be explained by these not being the exact images I used when modeling them (I modeled these over 2 years ago so I don't know the exact images I used).

Also in regards to them not having names, the modding tutorials I've found don't really cover that. I could probably figure that out with a little more research (I do know what file needs to be edited, just not how to edit it), but that's very low on my list of priorities with this mod considering it does nothing except give you a little bit of text.



Ah, I didn't know that. I know Jurassic Park isn't that accurate (their "Dilophosaurus" especially *cringe*), but for some reason I thought dinosaur heads were wider for some reason. Maybe it's a combination of The Land Before Time and mostly only seeing dinosaur heads from the side? Ah well, the more you know. :)

And okay, that's understandable.
"This thing took like an hour to make but it was so worth it." - me

SA.YN
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:13 am

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.2 (Updated 1/17/20)

Unread postby SA.YN » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:42 am

Cool! My respect, and can the developer of this mod help me with the development of mine mod?

SA.YN
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:13 am

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.2 (Updated 1/17/20)

Unread postby SA.YN » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:47 am

I collect animal sounds, but i'm not a programmer. Link to the page with sounds: viewtopic.php?f=118&t=9505
Sounds not all, there will be more.

Zio
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:23 am

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.2 (Updated 1/17/20)

Unread postby Zio » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:31 am

Last edited by Zio on Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Zio
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:23 am

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.2 (Updated 1/17/20)

Unread postby Zio » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:34 am

Can you also help SA.YN in developing the new part mod?
viewtopic.php?f=118&t=9505

Zio
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:23 am

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.2 (Updated 1/17/20)

Unread postby Zio » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:04 am

Please add dinosaurs sounds by SA.YN. These sounds is very cool! I like them.


Return to “Part Mods”