Planet Editor mod found (BUGGY)

Various editor modifications are found here.
deleted
Cell
Cell

Planet Editor mod found (BUGGY)

Unread post by deleted »

Original download link:
http://www.moddb.com/games/spore/downlo ... vel-editor

NOTE: This mod is extremely buggy, and will probably crash a lot.
Also, on the website I got this mod from, there’s a comment saying that this gave them a virus. It didn’t give me a virus, though.

I played around with it a bit, and it works. To enter the level editor, enter creature stage and swim out to sea until you get to the point where the sea monster would normally kill you. Instead of the sea monster, though, you will be greeted with the level editor. I haven't tested it much so far, but from what I've tested you can add creature nests (you can change the size of the creatures to make them half the size of a planet or the size of a stick, you can make nests of your own creations, you can make creatures that have no nest, and you can make different "types" of creatures (like rogues and epics) and rocks. The editor has a bunch of other options like SAVING AND LOADING PLANETS[strike](The load feature crashes the game for me, and I haven't tested the Save feature).[/strike] THE LOAD FEATURE ACTUALLY WORKS (For most planets, when you attempt to load some it crashes your game. It seems like only T0 planets can load properly). It seems like the Save feature does nothing. You can't terraform planets using this editor, but there might be a way to terraform planets in space stage and import them into the editor? I have no idea if you can play the creature stage on planets changed in this editor.

If a bunch of people already know about this, let me know and I'll delete this post. I didn't see any posts like this, so I posted it just in case.
Last edited by deleted on Thu May 24, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Minico
Cell
Cell

Re: PLANET EDITOR MOD FOUND!!!

Unread post by Minico »

Sounds cool. Ill try it!
Edit: Never mind, someone said it's infected with a virus so im not downloading it for safety reasons.
deleted
Cell
Cell

Unread post by deleted »

Yeah, I saw that but tried it anyways, and it didn’t harm my computer.
SPORESPORESPORE
Cell
Cell

Unread post by SPORESPORESPORE »

Minico wrote:Sounds cool. Ill try it!
Edit: Never mind, someone said it's infected with a virus so im not downloading it for safety reasons.
*facepalm*
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: PLANET EDITOR MOD FOUND!

Unread post by rob55rod »

...this is one of those moments where I feel the need to point out that it'd be great if antivirus companies would just be clear that their products are a warning system, not an all-knowing oracle, and that they flag what might be a threat, not just what is a threat ._.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
deleted
Cell
Cell

Unread post by deleted »

^^^
Minico
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Minico »

I was thinking on downloading the mod, but when i saw the note saying it's buggy i gave up about it.
WoundedSpore
Cell
Cell

Unread post by WoundedSpore »

Minico wrote:I was thinking on downloading the mod, but when i saw the note saying it's buggy i gave up about it.
If bugs bother you, I don't think spore is your game.
:roll: Oh, you.
vanillacold

Re: Planet Editor mod found (BUGGY)

Unread post by vanillacold »

This mod doesn't actually add a planet editor. It just opens the unused, buggy "level editor" found in Spore's files when getting eaten by the Sea Monster.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
NUCLEARCAKEEE
Cell
Cell

Re: Planet Editor mod found (BUGGY)

Unread post by NUCLEARCAKEEE »

You could probably repurpose it into something that's, like... functional, though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Editor Mods”