INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Various editor modifications are found here.
emd
Admin
Admin

INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Unread post by emd »

Does Spore not have that one color you wanted? Tired of having awkwardly-grouped brightness/saturation variants? This mod is for you!

The numbers are clear:
[table][tr][td] SPORE [/td]
[td]735 colors[/td][/tr]
[tr][td] THIS MOD [/td]
[td]16777216 colors[/td][/tr][/table]

That’s 22826 times more colors -> Image

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-_8yVw1_Rk[/youtube]

This mod uses the new modding tool, Spore ModAPI. Therefore, it requires:
  • Image: Galactic Adventures.
  • Image: 1.05.0001 Patch (aka asymmetry patch) or greater.
[h2]INSTALLATION[/h2]

Using this mod is very simple, just follow some steps:
  1. Download the Spore ModAPI.
  2. Download this mod here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/t37t0coy1 ... r.sporemod
  3. In the “Spore ModAPI Launcher” folder you downloaded, execute the Image Easy Installer.
  4. A file chooser dialog will be shown. Find the “SPORE MOD – Enhanced Color Picker.sporemod” file you downloaded, select it, and click OK.
And we’re done! Now, to use the mod, don’t forget you have to run the Image Spore ModAPI Launcher!

Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Kisutora
Creature
Creature

Re: INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Unread post by Kisutora »

*rainbow intensifies* (˵ ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o˵)
TheRealTigrus879
Creature
Creature

Unread post by TheRealTigrus879 »

Attempted to install it the first time around, messed up my UI/performance and had to reinstall. Does this conflict with any mods by any chance?
Got nothing else, here's my old LBP2 avatar recreated in Spore
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

TheRealTigrus879 wrote:Attempted to install it the first time around, messed up my UI/performance and had to reinstall. Does this conflict with any mods by any chance?
Not as far as I know. I'm really sorry it broke your game. Did it still happen if you opened the game normally (without using the launcher)?
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Demonboss
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Demonboss »

:( I need 【.package】format Spore ModAPI I can't use it
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Unread post by Darhagonable »

Demonboss wrote::( I need 【.package】format Spore ModAPI I can't use it
Use the easy installer on it
Reedu8800
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Reedu8800 »

This actually help me not just adding custom colors, but to be able to play spore in 1920x1080 because I have a huge Monitor, without this mod, the Color palettes are cut off in the editors and if I lower the resolution it makes the Color palettes normal but makes the game look like crap, now thanks with this mod, now i'm able to play spore in high def without running into problems with the color palettes, Thank you!
ThatDaisy
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by ThatDaisy »

You should make it so that you can use the color picker with the space stage paint tools. Then I can get the exact color for my homeworld.
CradilySlime
Creature
Creature

Unread post by CradilySlime »

this work on steam mine is not.
Image i have :ccp:
THEDARTUZ
Cell
Cell

Unread post by THEDARTUZ »

CradilySlime wrote:this work on steam mine is not.
It Worked For Me And I Have Steam :)
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by TheUltraCube6723 »

THEDARTUZ wrote:
CradilySlime wrote:this work on steam mine is not.
It Worked For Me And I Have Steam :)
Maybe You Should Stop Capitalising The Start Of Every Word.

In all seriousness, it's not correct grammar.
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

Extremely impressive mod, I know a lot of modders would never have thought this was possible. Wonder why Maxis didn't include it in the first place, really; they did it for Sims 3.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Disgustedorite
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Disgustedorite »

I installed this after installing Dark Injection and when I went to edit colors, the paint mode's name was listed as "***" and it lagged really hard with a delay of about 30 seconds. I quickly switched back to edit mode and tried to save my creation. My game froze for several minutes before saving, even though the creation wasn't especially part-heavy. Even beginning to load colors takes an unreasonably long time--in vanilla spore the beginning of the colors loading is signaled by the creature turning into the base color, and this also did not happen for several minutes--in fact, I'm still waiting.

EDIT: Trying to enter test mode crashed the game.

EDIT2: Maybe unrelated, but the creature did not actually save even though the game said it did
Are you an artist? Do you like Spore, especially its evolutionary mechanics? Join Sagan 4: https://sagan4.org/
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Disgustedorite wrote:I installed this after installing Dark Injection and when I went to edit colors, the paint mode's name was listed as "***" and it lagged really hard with a delay of about 30 seconds. I quickly switched back to edit mode and tried to save my creation. My game froze for several minutes before saving, even though the creation wasn't especially part-heavy. Even beginning to load colors takes an unreasonably long time--in vanilla spore the beginning of the colors loading is signaled by the creature turning into the base color, and this also did not happen for several minutes--in fact, I'm still waiting.

Odd. I and many others have used it, with and without DI, with no issues... :thonk:
Disgustedorite wrote:EDIT2: Maybe unrelated, but the creature did not actually save even though the game said it did
You probably just forgot to give it a name before saving.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Disgustedorite
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Disgustedorite »

rob55rod wrote:
Disgustedorite wrote:I installed this after installing Dark Injection and when I went to edit colors, the paint mode's name was listed as "***" and it lagged really hard with a delay of about 30 seconds. I quickly switched back to edit mode and tried to save my creation. My game froze for several minutes before saving, even though the creation wasn't especially part-heavy. Even beginning to load colors takes an unreasonably long time--in vanilla spore the beginning of the colors loading is signaled by the creature turning into the base color, and this also did not happen for several minutes--in fact, I'm still waiting.

Odd. I and many others have used it, with and without DI, with no issues... :thonk:
Disgustedorite wrote:EDIT2: Maybe unrelated, but the creature did not actually save even though the game said it did
I did name the creature, on further investigation I found out it had corrupted while saving.

Although other creatures have not corrupted, it's still taking much longer than usual to save creatures of ordinary complexity levels. It's making me very nervous.
Are you an artist? Do you like Spore, especially its evolutionary mechanics? Join Sagan 4: https://sagan4.org/
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Disgustedorite wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

I did name the creature, on further investigation I found out it had corrupted while saving.

Although other creatures have not corrupted, it's still taking much longer than usual to save creatures of ordinary complexity levels. It's making me very nervous.
I'm not entirely sure what to suggest at this point...that having been said, I've mentioned it to Emd, so hopefully he'll be able to help you out soon enough.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
xXMarineSlimeXx
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by xXMarineSlimeXx »

I use a Mac and can not use the Spore API for this mod, do you have a .package file I could download?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

xXMarineSlimeXx wrote:I use a Mac and can not use the Spore API for this mod, do you have a .package file I could download?
No, you have to use the Spore ModAPI Launcher. Mods like this one cannot take the form of an isolated .package file.

trxshyunknown
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by trxshyunknown »

the download link is broken i think when i try to download it it wont download
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

trxshyunknown wrote:the download link is broken i think when i try to download it it wont download
Just checked, it's still up.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Editor Mods”