INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Various editor modifications are found here.
Tech Support

Tech Support

Emd4600 [ASR]
User avatar
Posts: 622
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:21 am
Location: Sporepedia2's City, Spain
Contact:

INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Unread postby Emd4600 [ASR] » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:55 pm

Image

Does Spore not have that one color you wanted? Tired of having awkwardly-grouped brightness/saturation variants? This mod is for you!

Image

The numbers are clear:



SPORE 735 colors
THIS MOD 16777216 colors


That’s 22826 times more colors -> Image



This mod uses the new modding tool, Spore ModAPI. Therefore, it requires:

  • Image: Galactic Adventures.
  • Image: 1.05.0001 Patch (aka asymmetry patch) or greater.

INSTALLATION



Using this mod is very simple, just follow some steps:

  1. Download the Spore ModAPI.
  2. Download this mod here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/t37t0coy1 ... r.sporemod
  3. In the “Spore ModAPI Launcher” folder you downloaded, execute the Image Easy Installer.
  4. A file chooser dialog will be shown. Find the “SPORE MOD – Enhanced Color Picker.sporemod” file you downloaded, select it, and click OK.

And we’re done! Now, to use the mod, don’t forget you have to run the Image Spore ModAPI Launcher!
Image
Image

Private

Private

Kisutora
User avatar
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:54 am

Re: INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Unread postby Kisutora » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:35 pm

*rainbow intensifies* (˵ ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o˵)

Private

Private

TheRealTigrus879
User avatar
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:53 am
Location: The big apple (not the city)
Contact:

Re: INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Unread postby TheRealTigrus879 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:44 am

Attempted to install it the first time around, messed up my UI/performance and had to reinstall. Does this conflict with any mods by any chance?
Image
Got nothing else, here's my old LBP2 avatar recreated in Spore

Tech Support

Tech Support

Emd4600 [ASR]
User avatar
Posts: 622
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:21 am
Location: Sporepedia2's City, Spain
Contact:

Re: INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Unread postby Emd4600 [ASR] » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:29 pm

TheRealTigrus879 wrote:Attempted to install it the first time around, messed up my UI/performance and had to reinstall. Does this conflict with any mods by any chance?


Not as far as I know. I'm really sorry it broke your game. Did it still happen if you opened the game normally (without using the launcher)?
Image
Image

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Demonboss
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:22 am

Re: INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Unread postby Demonboss » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:20 am

:( I need 【.package】format Spore ModAPI I can't use it

Master Sergeant

Master Sergeant

Darhagonable
User avatar
Posts: 380
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 am
Location: somewhere in the universe
Contact:

Re: INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Unread postby Darhagonable » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:43 pm

Demonboss wrote::( I need 【.package】format Spore ModAPI I can't use it

Use the easy installer on it
Image
Image
Image
Image

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Reedu8800
User avatar
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:28 pm

Re: INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Unread postby Reedu8800 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:31 pm

This actually help me not just adding custom colors, but to be able to play spore in 1920x1080 because I have a huge Monitor, without this mod, the Color palettes are cut off in the editors and if I lower the resolution it makes the Color palettes normal but makes the game look like crap, now thanks with this mod, now i'm able to play spore in high def without running into problems with the color palettes, Thank you!

Sergeant

Sergeant

ThatDemonDavid
User avatar
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:51 pm

Re: INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Unread postby ThatDemonDavid » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:38 am

You should make it so that you can use the color picker with the space stage paint tools. Then I can get the exact color for my homeworld.

Private

Private

CradilySlime
User avatar
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:17 pm

Re: INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Unread postby CradilySlime » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:50 am

this work on steam mine is not.
Image i have :ccp:

Recruit

Recruit

THEDARTUZ
User avatar
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:01 am

Re: INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Unread postby THEDARTUZ » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:30 pm

CradilySlime wrote:this work on steam mine is not.

It Worked For Me And I Have Steam :)

Sergeant

Sergeant

TheUltraCube6723
User avatar
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:40 am
Location: On the third rock from Sol, in a small country that Earth's inhabitants call "Armenia"
Contact:

Re: INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Unread postby TheUltraCube6723 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:59 am

THEDARTUZ wrote:
CradilySlime wrote:this work on steam mine is not.

It Worked For Me And I Have Steam :)
Maybe You Should Stop Capitalising The Start Of Every Word.

In all seriousness, it's not correct grammar.
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon

Tech Support

Tech Support

CamBen
User avatar
Posts: 1368
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:26 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Unread postby CamBen » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:42 pm

Extremely impressive mod, I know a lot of modders would never have thought this was possible. Wonder why Maxis didn't include it in the first place, really; they did it for Sims 3.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

Private

Private

Disgustedorite
User avatar
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:41 pm
Contact:

Re: INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Unread postby Disgustedorite » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:14 pm

I installed this after installing Dark Injection and when I went to edit colors, the paint mode's name was listed as "***" and it lagged really hard with a delay of about 30 seconds. I quickly switched back to edit mode and tried to save my creation. My game froze for several minutes before saving, even though the creation wasn't especially part-heavy. Even beginning to load colors takes an unreasonably long time--in vanilla spore the beginning of the colors loading is signaled by the creature turning into the base color, and this also did not happen for several minutes--in fact, I'm still waiting.

EDIT: Trying to enter test mode crashed the game.

EDIT2: Maybe unrelated, but the creature did not actually save even though the game said it did

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3446
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:54 pm

Disgustedorite wrote:I installed this after installing Dark Injection and when I went to edit colors, the paint mode's name was listed as "***" and it lagged really hard with a delay of about 30 seconds. I quickly switched back to edit mode and tried to save my creation. My game froze for several minutes before saving, even though the creation wasn't especially part-heavy. Even beginning to load colors takes an unreasonably long time--in vanilla spore the beginning of the colors loading is signaled by the creature turning into the base color, and this also did not happen for several minutes--in fact, I'm still waiting.

EDIT: Trying to enter test mode crashed the game.

Odd. I and many others have used it, with and without DI, with no issues... :thonk:

Disgustedorite wrote:EDIT2: Maybe unrelated, but the creature did not actually save even though the game said it did

You probably just forgot to give it a name before saving.

Private

Private

Disgustedorite
User avatar
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:41 pm
Contact:

Re: INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Unread postby Disgustedorite » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:06 pm

rob55rod wrote:
Disgustedorite wrote:I installed this after installing Dark Injection and when I went to edit colors, the paint mode's name was listed as "***" and it lagged really hard with a delay of about 30 seconds. I quickly switched back to edit mode and tried to save my creation. My game froze for several minutes before saving, even though the creation wasn't especially part-heavy. Even beginning to load colors takes an unreasonably long time--in vanilla spore the beginning of the colors loading is signaled by the creature turning into the base color, and this also did not happen for several minutes--in fact, I'm still waiting.

EDIT: Trying to enter test mode crashed the game.

Odd. I and many others have used it, with and without DI, with no issues... :thonk:

Disgustedorite wrote:EDIT2: Maybe unrelated, but the creature did not actually save even though the game said it did

You probably just forgot to give it a name before saving.

I did name the creature, on further investigation I found out it had corrupted while saving.

Although other creatures have not corrupted, it's still taking much longer than usual to save creatures of ordinary complexity levels. It's making me very nervous.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3446
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:16 pm

Disgustedorite wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Disgustedorite wrote:I installed this after installing Dark Injection and when I went to edit colors, the paint mode's name was listed as "***" and it lagged really hard with a delay of about 30 seconds. I quickly switched back to edit mode and tried to save my creation. My game froze for several minutes before saving, even though the creation wasn't especially part-heavy. Even beginning to load colors takes an unreasonably long time--in vanilla spore the beginning of the colors loading is signaled by the creature turning into the base color, and this also did not happen for several minutes--in fact, I'm still waiting.

EDIT: Trying to enter test mode crashed the game.

Odd. I and many others have used it, with and without DI, with no issues... :thonk:

Disgustedorite wrote:EDIT2: Maybe unrelated, but the creature did not actually save even though the game said it did

You probably just forgot to give it a name before saving.

I did name the creature, on further investigation I found out it had corrupted while saving.

Although other creatures have not corrupted, it's still taking much longer than usual to save creatures of ordinary complexity levels. It's making me very nervous.

I'm not entirely sure what to suggest at this point...that having been said, I've mentioned it to Emd, so hopefully he'll be able to help you out soon enough.

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

xXMarineSlimeXx
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:52 pm

Re: INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Unread postby xXMarineSlimeXx » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:55 pm

I use a Mac and can not use the Spore API for this mod, do you have a .package file I could download?

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3446
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:08 am

xXMarineSlimeXx wrote:I use a Mac and can not use the Spore API for this mod, do you have a .package file I could download?

No, you have to use the Spore ModAPI Launcher. Mods like this one cannot take the form of an isolated .package file.

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

trxshyunknown
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:50 pm

Re: INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Unread postby trxshyunknown » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:17 am

the download link is broken i think when i try to download it it wont download

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3446
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: INFINITE COLORS: Enhanced Color Picker

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:24 am

trxshyunknown wrote:the download link is broken i think when i try to download it it wont download

Just checked, it's still up.


Return to “Editor Mods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest