Adventure Mega Music Mod - Over 400 new audio tracks (Part 2 with another 400 new songs released!)

Various editor modifications are found here.
tklarenb
Tribal
Tribal

Adventure Mega Music Mod - Over 400 new audio tracks (Part 2 with another 400 new songs released!)

Unread post by tklarenb »

UPDATE: Part 2 of this mod is now released, which adds another 435 songs and 1 environmental track, a portion of which were requests from over on the Sporum. Download link to Part 2 added to the bottom of this post.

If you're a big adventure builder like me, you probably quickly got frustrated with how few audio tracks there are in the Adventure Editor. Even speeding up and slowing down tracks only gives you so much variety, and often times it's impossible to find the perfect music or sounds to accompany the action. Once I saw that it was possible to add music to the editor in the AdventureProps mod, I ended up looking into how it was done and surprised myself in figuring it out even though the only tutorial I could find was in Spanish. So over the past few months I've been adding bits of music every once in awhile to my game, and I'm pretty much to the point where there's not much left to add, so I decided to compile all my mods into one gigantic mod and release it for others to use.

This mod adds a total of 406 new audio tracks to the Adventure Editor, with 66 oneshot effects, 24 environmental effects, and 316 music tracks. Adventures using the tracks in this mod can be shared to the Sporepedia, but they can only be played by others who have this mod installed.

This mod also includes all the music mods created by Mx3brainpower, who also wrote the tutorial I followed, so I need to give them some credit for this mod. To see those mods and their contents you can go here (site is in Spanish): http://www.sporepedia2.com/t11879-mods- ... -aventuras

--------------------------------------

PREVIEW
Part 1
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J8UYQwZn7Y[/youtube]
Part 2
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV4m6CuZjoE[/youtube]

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

Simply extract the rar, take the package file and place it in your SPORE_EP1 Data directory. This may vary based on where you installed Spore, but on my computer it's located at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\SPORE_EP1\Data

KNOWN BUGS/ISSUES

All modded sounds, including music and environmental, will only play once. This is a known issue with all modded sounds, the variable meant to loop them is actually set to true, but the game refuses to loop them. There is no known fix to this as far as I know. For environmental tracks I tried to keep most of them around 10 minutes long, since most adventures tend to have acts under this time length.

All sounds I added are in the music category, including non-music sounds. I don't know how to change the category a track appears in, so to help keep things organized I named them so they all appear grouped at the beginning of the music palette, with the following rules:
All oneshot effects are named with an "*" at the beginning of their name.
Example: "*Glass Break 1"
All environmental tracks are named with an "_" at the beginning of their name.
Example: "_Abandoned Space Station"
There are few environmental tracks from Mx3brainpower's mods, these are correctly placed in the environmental category.

A small number of the tracks have a bit of static to them, luckily it's pretty faint and not that noticable.

The oneshot effects seem to bug out a lot, but on the off chance that it's only an issue on my own computer I included them with the mod. When a oneshot finishes playing they sometimes make a quick audio pop or sometimes even crash the game. The longer environmental and music tracks don't have this problem, so to help combat this I added several seconds of silence to the end of every oneshot, which greatly reduces the amount of crashes. I haven't done extensive testing on them so they might still cause the game to crash, so my advice is to limit the amount you listen to them all the way through if you're not using them, which is pretty easy if you just keep your cursor on the scroll bar when looking in the music palette.

If anybody knows how to fix these issues, especially the oneshot bug, help would be much appreciated.

CONTENTS

ONESHOTS(*)
-Creature Calls
-Bear
-Chimpanzee
-Cow
-Dog
-2 Elephant calls
-Geese
-Hawk
-2 Horse calls
-Lion
-Loon
-Owl
-Rooster
-Sheep
-2 Tiger calls
-19 dinosaur calls
-3 Jurassic Park T. rex roars
-4 Monster roars
-Godzilla roar
-Dinosaur footsteps
-5 glass breaking
-4 explosions
-3 Evil laughs
-2 Car skids
-Heavy machine gun
-Shotgun
-Mech footsteps
-2 Robot Talking (taken from Decepticons in the Transformers movies)
-Rocket Launch
-Legion Laser Cannon sound effect from the game Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius

ENVIRONMENTAL TRACKS(_)
-Abandoned Space Station
-Alien Ocean
-City
-Cretaceous
-Dagobah Swamps
-Ghost Whispers
-Haunted Forest
-Haunted Swamp
-Intense Haunting
-Lava Planet
-Medieval Battleground
-Medieval City
-Medieval Docks
-Medieval Tavern
-Night
-Spaceport
-Star Trek Warp Core
-Volcano
-Whale Calls

MUSIC TRACKS
I added to this mod over the course of several months, so I don't even remember where I got some of the tracks, and there's several hundred of them so I'm not going to try to list them all out here. Most of the tracks are purely orchestral, but there's a few that have vocals in various languages. Here's a general list of what's included to give you a good idea what you're getting:

-All tracks made by Mx3brainpower (link above) except for the Explore Music Mod, the reason being that mod is included with AdventureProps V4
-Tracks I made myself using Music Maker Jam.
-Tracks from several anime, including Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan, Naruto, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
-Tracks taken from some visual novels and JRPGs I own, including Steins;Gate, Fairy Fencer F, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, and Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius
-Tracks from some games such as Halo, Fallout 3, XCOM 2, Stellaris, Skyrim, and Assassin's Creed II
-Tracks from several movies and shows, such as Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings
-A few western tracks such as A Fistfull of Dollars
-A few world culture tracks, such as Native American Round Dancing, Hindu Chanting, and Tuvan throat singing
-Some historically accurate medieval hymns
-Some tracks by Ivan Torrent

DOWNLOAD LINKS
Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ad6e9 ... ic_mod.rar
Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7wfq76lii ... _2.package
Last edited by tklarenb on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Howis
Cell
Cell

Re: Adventure Mega Music Mod - Over 400 new audio tracks

Unread post by Howis »

Very nice. I love seeing mods like this. Hopefully some more diverse modded adventures will pop up using these.
[Signature goes here]
Mx3
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Mx3 »

Great job! Once you learn to do, it is easy to add songs to Spore.
You can see in my mods how to change the category to environment, it is not difficult, you just have to modify the header in the props.

I also had problems with crashes at the end of some sounds. I never knew how to fix it, and I think it is due to an error of the Ealayer3. But I managed to minimize errors by adding a fade out effect at the end of each sound.
tklarenb
Tribal
Tribal

Mx3 wrote: I also had problems with crashes at the end of some sounds. I never knew how to fix it, and I think it is due to an error of the Ealayer3. But I managed to minimize errors by adding a fade out effect at the end of each sound.
Alright, good to know that I'm not the only modder running into that problem. I pretty much did the same fix with adding the silence, so I guess there isn't much more I can do. Like I said above, it's pretty much only happening with the oneshots, I've only ever once had it happen with a music track, and that was with one of the shortest music tracks (around 40 seconds long) so I was kind of theorizing that it had to do with the length. Of course, it could just be that since the music tracks are much longer I'm not reaching the ends of the ones that cause crashes (that and nearly all of them fade out anyways)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

tklarenb wrote:
Mx3 wrote: I also had problems with crashes at the end of some sounds. I never knew how to fix it, and I think it is due to an error of the Ealayer3. But I managed to minimize errors by adding a fade out effect at the end of each sound.
Alright, good to know that I'm not the only modder running into that problem. I pretty much did the same fix with adding the silence, so I guess there isn't much more I can do. Like I said above, it's pretty much only happening with the oneshots, I've only ever once had it happen with a music track, and that was with one of the shortest music tracks (around 40 seconds long) so I was kind of theorizing that it had to do with the length. Of course, it could just be that since the music tracks are much longer I'm not reaching the ends of the ones that cause crashes (that and nearly all of them fade out anyways)
I experienced a lot of crashes early in Dark Injection 9.r's development, due to the new UI sounds. I was able to alleviate the problem by cutting or extending the sounds to exactly match the lengsth of the ones I was replacing. Idk if that's any help, but there it is regardless :lol:
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
tklarenb
Tribal
Tribal

rob55rod wrote: I experienced a lot of crashes early in Dark Injection 9.r's development, due to the new UI sounds. I was able to alleviate the problem by cutting or extending the sounds to exactly match the lengsth of the ones I was replacing. Idk if that's any help, but there it is regardless :lol:
My mod doesn't replace any sounds, it just adds new ones to the list, so that fix can't apply to this mod, but thanks anyways.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

tklarenb wrote:
rob55rod wrote: I experienced a lot of crashes early in Dark Injection 9.r's development, due to the new UI sounds. I was able to alleviate the problem by cutting or extending the sounds to exactly match the lengsth of the ones I was replacing. Idk if that's any help, but there it is regardless :lol:
My mod doesn't replace any sounds, it just adds new ones to the list, so that fix can't apply to this mod, but thanks anyways.
I know. But you never know, maybe matching the durations used by existing sounds would help improve stability. Or something IDeK :lol:
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
tklarenb
Tribal
Tribal

Re: Adventure Mega Music Mod - Over 400 new audio tracks (Taking requests until Oct 12)

I've already had a few requests for other tracks, so to compensate, for a month I'm going to take requests for music to add to the adventure editor. To qualify, simply provide me a link to a Youtube video of the music. I will also take any requests for any ambient environmental tracks you want, again just provide a Youtube link. Just be aware that modded audio tracks cannot be looped, so make sure the environmental track is at least a few minutes long.

The only tracks I will reject are ones that are already in the original mod, view the Youtube video in the original post for the list of tracks already in it.

I will accept tracks submitted until a month from now (October 12). The reason I'm putting a time limit is music modding is a pretty tedious and long process, so I don't really have the time to go adding a track every time someone asks me. So instead I want to mod them all in at once and be done with it. Once the mod is made I'll update this post with a download link.
worldfluff
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Adventure Mega Music Mod - Over 400 new audio tracks (Part 2 with another 400 new songs released!)

Unread post by worldfluff »

is this website still alive
its like reading the past

spooky
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Adventure Mega Music Mod - Over 400 new audio tracks (Part 2 with another 400 new songs released!)

Unread post by TheUltraCube6723 »

I know I'm necroposting here. But I have a few song requests myself:

* Portal 1 OST (great for science/science horror based adventures)

* Call of Duty: World At War OST (has some great tracks that could be useful for war adventures)

* More Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith tracks (IE: Padme's funeral, Jedi temple march, etc)

Also, a few more gun firing noises would be nice:

For example, there would be 3 categories: Pistol/PDW/SMG, Assault Rifle/Squad Automatic Weapon/Carbine, and Sniper Rifle/Designated Marksman Rifle/Battle rifle.

All of these categories would have both looping and one-shot variations.
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
Olyenka
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Olyenka »

Is there are way to seperate these? I'd like to use the sound effects, but I could do without most of the music (namely the tracks from Naruto, which I despise).
"This thing took like an hour to make but it was so worth it." - me
Sporefanatic0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Sporefanatic0 »

could you consider make a mod with pop culture sounds, like: Wilhelm scream, public boos, sad violin, horny whistle, romantic sax, etc...
Sporefanatic0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Sporefanatic0 »

The game: Sonic advance 3 have nice soundtracks!! Check out!! :)
spore2345fan
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by spore2345fan »

sporepidea2 is bad.
spore2345fan
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by spore2345fan »

cant register in there
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Editor Mods”