The Mech Editor

Various editor modifications are found here.
pacca
Tribal
Tribal

The Mech Editor

Unread post by pacca »

This mod is relatively simple, but pretty awesome. It replaces the creature editor variant which is accessible from the main menu with an altered version, which is limited solely to bot parts and the entire vehicle parts selection from the UFO editor. It is completely separate from the in game editors, and can be installed along side other parts mods (Although they won't be accessible in the mech editor). All the creatures made in the mod can be loaded by spore with or without the mod installed, provided that Bot Parts are installed. It requires bot parts to properly function; I haven't tested without them.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuLB0cFOcq4[/youtube]

Known Issues:

This mod uses the same parts panel for both the UFO and Mech Editors. Because of this, the UFO editor has mostly broken and disfunctional bots parts in it's list.

The body parts are disfunctional in the Mech Editor, and are leftover to ensure that the UFO editor still functions.

Future plans:

Adding the grox parts to the editor

Support for the mech parts of Dark Injection?

Properly changing the background art (haven't figured that out yet, somehow)
Attachments
!Pacguys_Mech_Editor.package
My mod, which alters an iteration of the existing creature editor (load it from the galaxy menu)
(7.04 KiB) Downloaded 736 times
Last edited by rob55rod on Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fixed youtube tag

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: The Mech Editor

Unread post by rob55rod »

Looks great! Can't wait to try it. I fixed the youtube tag for you. just change the "https" to "http", then it works. I hope this works with my Bot Parts Scrapheap for patch 1.5.1 . By the way, the creature editor uses editorBackgroundModel, editorPedestalModel, and editorSkyBoxEffect. Fiddle with those (especially the 3rd one) until you get the intended result.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

Oh, I never suspected EditorSkyBoxEffect! The other two were changed, if you look closely when the editor loads, it looks like the vehicle editor until the creature image pops in. Fixing now...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

pacguy64 wrote:Oh, I never suspected EditorSkyBoxEffect! The other two were changed, if you look closely when the editor loads, it looks like the vehicle editor until the creature image pops in. Fixing now...
You might want to upload that fix to MediaFire or some other external host, as Davoonline seems quite...unstable at the moment.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

Damnit! I've tried porting every single line which could potentially edit the background from both the vehicle editor and the space accessories editor, and all I've managed to do is remove the trees; the grass and sky from the creature editor is intact as always, and incredibly annoying.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

pacguy64 wrote:Damnit! I've tried porting every single line which could potentially edit the background from both the vehicle editor and the space accessories editor, and all I've managed to do is remove the trees; the grass and sky from the creature editor is intact as always, and incredibly annoying.
Alright, send me the file, and I'll take a look. Just...do so through an external host, as Davoonline is (as previously mentioned) seemingly quite unstable at the moment.

Zeratool_Sporegod
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Zeratool_Sporegod »

Uh.... You can say that I am stupid, but this mod replaces the "Technic" creator? My6 English is baaad......
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Zeratool_Sporegod wrote:Uh.... You can say that I am stupid, but this mod replaces the "Technic" creator? My6 English is baaad......
No, it replaces the Creature Editor.

Zeratool_Sporegod
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Zeratool_Sporegod »

rob55rod wrote:
Zeratool_Sporegod wrote:Uh.... You can say that I am stupid, but this mod replaces the "Technic" creator? My6 English is baaad......
No, it replaces the Creature Editor.
Sorry, mate. Thanks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Editor Mods”