Building symmetry mod

Various editor modifications are found here.
pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Building symmetry mod

Unread post by pacca »

Edit: It appears I put this in the wrong subforum XD. Can someone fix that? Anyway...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_sgfmkz_ow[/youtube] (rob55rod got the [/youtube] tag to work)

A very simple mod I made which implements symmetry into the building editor. Ever since asymmetrical editing was properly introduced, the asymmetry of the building editor became a nuisance to me, as it just made it impossible to make a perfect symmetrical building. Now, the building editor acts a little more like the other editors, generating symmetrical pieces for your building parts. As with the other editors, holding A allows for asymmetry.

Notes:
The base pieces are still asymetrical. Because of this, placing pieces on off center bases results in duplicate floating parts (just remove them by holding A)

The above bug also effects the roof pieces.

I haven't tested if they share or not, I don't see why they wouldn't, though. EDIT: They do share! (http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr ... 0993536785)

It is incredibly small and simple, and should work with most other mods.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! (It's my first spore mod :3)
Attachments
!Symetrical_Buildings.package
A mod which slightly edits the building editor, making it symmetrical.
(2.95 KiB) Downloaded 1030 times
Last edited by pacca on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Building symmetry mod

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

Nice.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

*applause* Bravo. Looks good. I would suggest adding some screenshots,but that wouldn't work very well for this. A video, perhaps?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

I don't have any video recording software, so I can't do much on that front. As for making screenshots, I see why you'd say that wouldn't quite work for this (although I'll keep it in mind for the future).
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

I'd make a video, but I must warn, the quality will be horrid. I use an old digital camera faced at the screen.
pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

It's better then nothing :P
Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

GIRGHGH wrote:I'd make a video, but I must warn, the quality will be horrid. I use an old digital camera faced at the screen.
Wait... can't you record in the editor using the V Button?
pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

Peenut2k7 wrote:Wait... can't you record in the editor using the V Button?
I totally forgot about that! I'm updating it now!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

pacguy64 wrote:
Peenut2k7 wrote:Wait... can't you record in the editor using the V Button?
I totally forgot about that! I'm updating it now!
Spore records horrible-quality videos. If your computer can handle it, I recommend recording them with Fraps. That's what I do. But there are config tweaks you can add to Spore to record better footage and include the UI, in the same manner as Steam force save.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

You can at least tell what the mod does. The quality is fine so long as you don't fullscreen it.
pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

I agree with GIRGHGH, the videos fine as it is, it does the job well enough. Also, what would I need to add to the Config and Properties files to make spore record better video? It would be great for future showcases!
Sean1M
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Sean1M »

Well I just tested this. Its not bad and for certain conditions it could prove useful. Of course unfortunately its incompatible with asymmetry. But I'd imagine you'd need to change the core game code to make that feature accessible.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Sean1M wrote:its incompatible with asymmetry. But I'd imagine you'd need to change the core game code to make that feature accessible.
Nope. For once, you DON'T need to change the game's code. That's actually controlled by 1 true/false property in the editor_setup~ file modified here. ONE PROPERTY!! That could be fixed in seconds.

Sean1M
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Sean1M »

Huh. That's cool. If that is the case would it hypothetically be possible to make new mod editor features, like say the ability to attach any part to any other, button controlled?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Sean1M wrote:Huh. That's cool. If that is the case would it hypothetically be possible to make new mod editor features, like say the ability to attach any part to any other, button controlled?
No. That feature could be made (fairly easily at that), but not button-controlled. That...would require Assembly haxx.

Sean1M
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Sean1M »

rob55rod wrote:
Sean1M wrote:Huh. That's cool. If that is the case would it hypothetically be possible to make new mod editor features, like say the ability to attach any part to any other, button controlled?
No. That feature could be made (fairly easily at that), but not button-controlled. That...would require Assembly haxx.
So the button feature has to already exist in order to incorporate it into an editor through modding.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

Sean1M wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
So the button feature has to already exist in order to incorporate it into an editor through modding.
Yes.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
kendre
Cell
Cell

Unread post by kendre »

do i nedd patch 1.5 that ads assemity?
''Din't your mama told you to not play wifh matches?''
tha'ts what he said!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

kendre wrote:do i nedd patch 1.5 that ads assemity?
I'm assuming that "assemity" means "asymmetry", "ads" means "adds" (and not advertisements), and "nedd" means "need".

If that's so, then no, you probably don't need the patch. It is, however, recommended that you have it, for any mod made since...2010, I think. Might be 2011.

windblade
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by windblade »

just what i was looking for, thanks

symmetry works just fine but holding A doesnt do anything (both the original and the mirrored details get removes, so A doesnt work)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Editor Mods”