STAR WARS Captain Weapons Mod by JimReinor

Various editor modifications are found here.
Jim Reinor
Recruit
Recruit

STAR WARS Captain Weapons Mod by JimReinor

Unread post by Jim Reinor »

STAR WARS Captain Weapons mod by JimReinor

Improves the characteristics of the captain's weapon "Pulse Gun" and replaces the standard captain's effects "Pulse Gun" with automatic lasers from Star Wars, and replaces the standard effect of the weapon "Rocket Launcher" 1 level with the automatic laser from Star Wars, improving the characteristics of these weapons.

Reduces the energy cost of melee weapons such as Lightning Sword and Energy Castet by half, leaving energy cost for balance.
Removes waste of energy for the skills Sprint, Hover and Mega Jump, and now they do not spend energy at all.

All lasers are specially balanced so that you can easily destroy minor weak characters such as soldiers, but it will be difficult for you to destroy a hero with protection and increased HP with a clip, and in this case it will be more optimal to shoot fast single shots in order to reduce the high energy consumption, which is also compliance balance, otherwise it would be easy for you to destroy any enemies.

Also changes in damage:

Pulse Gun Level 1 (Red Autolaser) - Damage 20
Pulse Gun Level 2 (Green Autolaser) - Damage 30
Pulse Gun Level 3 (Purple Autolaser) - Damage 40
Rocket Launcher Level 1 (Golden Autolaser) - Damage 35

The mod is easily removed without affecting creations made with the clean version of Spore and other mods. No incompatibilities or conflicts were found.

It is also easily removed when making creatures with this mod; if the mod is removed, creatures and captains will return the standard effects and characteristics of the weapon.

JimReinor would like to thank TheChosen1GroxPL, author of the "No energy drainage for Captain tools" mod for accelerating the firing of Warrior's fragments and shutting down the power, for providing access to the resources of the game, giving inspiration and the opportunity to make a completely new mod.

Installing the mod: Copy the .package file !!!!!!STAR_WARS_Captain_Weapons_mod.package to the SPORE / SPORE_EP1 / Data folder or if you have a different version of the game, SPORE / Data.

Removing the mod will not affect the performance of creations made both before and after the mod.
Attachments
!!!!!!STAR_WARS_Captain_Weapons_mod.package
(44.01 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
Last edited by Jim Reinor on Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:00 am, edited 10 times in total.
Poccu9l

SPORE Wars & Spore Improved
Jim Reinor
Recruit
Recruit

Re: STAR WARS Captain Weapons Mod by JimReinor

This is my very first mod, I just started learning Sporemodder, so I can't do other types of mods yet.

This mod makes a small rebalance with improved stats and cosmetic enhancements to vanilla effects. At the very least, it is well suited for SW-themed staged shots, as well as battles with improved weapons and rebalancing - adventures with battles of large armies, and adventures of the genre "orbital battles" on ships, with "creatures-ships". with this mod they are beautiful and epic, now they will be, with laser beams on ships - and they say without any complaints)
Poccu9l

VanillaCold
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by VanillaCold »

1. That isn't how you install mods. Mods should always be installed with the Spore ModAPI Easy Installer - and your instructions for manual installation aren't even correct for Steam and GoG Spore.

2. Why did you use SporeModder and not SporeModder FX? SMFX is vastly superior to SporeModder.

3. Why is the mod in a .rar file? People will end up putting the .rar file into the Data folder (which will do nothing), and the Spore ModAPI Easy Installer can't install .rar files.
Creator of Solar Spore, Adventure Water and Sporigins.

My main account broke a while ago, so I created this alt.
Jim Reinor
Recruit
Recruit

1. I used SporeModder FX to create this mod.
2. Since the mod is not large, it is manually installed - unpack the .rar archive and move the .package to the folder Data.
3. In my opinion, Spore ModAPI is only needed to install large mods that many options for installation, and small mods like this, it is better to install manually by moving the package to the folder Data.
4. Well, I'm using a pirated version of the game, repack version 1.05.01

I thought that everyone who has installed mods at least once knows that the mod has either a .package extension for manual installation, or a .sporemod for installation via Spore ModAPI.
Made amendments to the instructions for unpacking and installation.
Poccu9l

VanillaCold
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by VanillaCold »

Jim Reinor wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:21 am 1. I used SporeModder FX to create this mod.
Oh, alright. You just made it sound like you used SporeModder instead of SporeModder FX.
In my opinion, Spore ModAPI is only needed to install large mods that many options for installation, and small mods like this, it is better to install manually by moving the package to the folder Data.
No, all mods should be installed with the Spore ModAPI Easy Installer. Manual installation isn't just worse but is way less idiot-proof. People can and will remove essential packages, complain that Spore is broken and then leave modding forever. You should still at least upload it as a loose .package so that people can install it correctly.
4. Well, I'm using a pirated version of the game, repack version 1.05.01.
Not only are pirated versions more glitchy, but they're also illegal. You should only play a game if you own it.
And if you do buy Spore, buy it from GoG and don't buy it from Steam if you want the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit to work.
Creator of Solar Spore, Adventure Water and Sporigins.

My main account broke a while ago, so I created this alt.
Jim Reinor
Recruit
Recruit

Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit works successfully on pirated versions of Spore version 1.05.01.
I do not see any problems to unpack the .rar archive using archivers WinRAR or 7-zip and copy the .package to Data folder.
I have been playing this game for 8 real years and I know what a .package is
When I was 12 years old, I already knew which .package files are game resource files and would never delete game files.

If in the USA only licenses are used, then in Russia most people cannot afford licenses, and in our country a lot is downloaded from torrents, and licenses are used only by those who have enough money for it. Because Russians have a very low income level.

Attached the .package file in its pure form, without packing.
Poccu9l

Return to “Editor Mods”