New Editor Backgrounds mod (Updated: 6/4/19)

Various editor modifications are found here.
I-am-THEdragon
Recruit
Recruit

Re: New Editor Backgrounds mod (Updated: 6/4/19)

Unread postby I-am-THEdragon » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:52 am

Hightlyze wrote:wait can i actually do it on the editor itself?

I'm not sure what you're referring to. As I said, if you want to uninstall the Dark Injections editor background, you gotta use ModAPI's Easy Uninstaller. Again, you'd be better off asking in the Dark Injections thread, as this thread is for a different mod entirely.

Anyway, here's a video of my current progress on Paranoid_Modder's request!

Hightlyze
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby Hightlyze » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:00 am

I-am-THEdragon wrote:

I'm not sure what you're referring to. As I said, if you want to uninstall the Dark Injections editor background, you gotta use ModAPI's Easy Uninstaller. Again, you'd be better off asking in the Dark Injections thread, as this thread is for a different mod entirely.

i can only use it in test drive. Is this only for the test drive?

Darhagonable
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postby Darhagonable » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:13 am

Hightlyze wrote:i can only use it in test drive. Is this only for the test drive?

Yes, they are only testdrive backgrounds. they surely would be usable for build and paint mode as well but this mod doesn't allow that.

paranoid_modder
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postby paranoid_modder » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:18 am

Hightlyze wrote:
I-am-THEdragon wrote:

i can only use it in test drive. Is this only for the test drive?

woaaah!! :o that looks incredible!! i cant wait to try that out! thank you so much :D

I-am-THEdragon
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby I-am-THEdragon » Wed May 08, 2019 7:55 am

Ooookay so! I've decided to go and pretty much overhaul the space/nebulae background I've been working on. I've ditched the use of Spore textures for this one because they have a nauseatingly small resolution and looked like a mess sorta haphazardly strewn about the scenery. Instead, I've gone the cheap route and used ~stock images~ from a couple of different free CC0 image sites. I've found that this way I get much higher-resolution images that don't look abysmal in my background, and my result much more closely resembles Paranoid Modder's example images!

Paranoid, you did seem to really like the original version I did, and I feel a bit like a dummy for not saving a copy of that version, but I hope this version works better for you or at least as good as the first. :)
(I can redo the first version if you prefer that though! I still have the texture files I used for it.)

paranoid_modder
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postby paranoid_modder » Wed May 08, 2019 10:28 pm

I-am-THEdragon wrote:Ooookay so! I've decided to go and pretty much overhaul the space/nebulae background I've been working on. I've ditched the use of Spore textures for this one because they have a nauseatingly small resolution and looked like a mess sorta haphazardly strewn about the scenery. Instead, I've gone the cheap route and used ~stock images~ from a couple of different free CC0 image sites. I've found that this way I get much higher-resolution images that don't look abysmal in my background, and my result much more closely resembles Paranoid Modder's example images!

Paranoid, you did seem to really like the original version I did, and I feel a bit like a dummy for not saving a copy of that version, but I hope this version works better for you or at least as good as the first. :)
(I can redo the first version if you prefer that though! I still have the texture files I used for it.)

Oooh it’s no problem at all! I actually like this one much better. You did well by using other textures then the spore ones. Really nice job!

Return to “Editor Mods”