Spore ModAPI

Download tools and get the latest patches.
emd
Admin
Admin

Spore ModAPI

Unread post by emd »

This new modding tool allows you to do something never done before in Spore Modding: PROGRAMMING! With this, more advanced mods are just a matter of time.

WARNING: the ModAPI requires:
  • Image: Galactic Adventures.
  • Image: 1.05.0001 Patch (aka asymmetry patch) or greater.

[h2]DOWNLOAD[/h2]

The Spore ModAPI launcher Kit is required to install and use the game with mods that use the ModAPI.

DOWNLOAD SPORE MODAPI LAUNCHER KIT

Additionally, it comes with two other utilities: the automatic installer and uninstaller, which, together, make installation and removal of mods easier than ever!

[hr][/hr]

Image EASY INSTALLER

With the Easy Installer, mods are just a few clicks away! Just run the Easy Installer and choose mod file you want to install. Two formats are supported: .package (existing mods) and .sporemod (bundled ModAPI mods).

Using it is very simple, just follow these steps:
  1. Download the mod you want to install.
  2. Execute the Image Easy Installer.
  3. A file chooser will be shown. Find the mod file you want to install, select it, and click OK.
And that’s all! This tool can install most common mods, even those that don’t use the ModAPI; don’t forget, however, that to have the full functionality of ModAPI mods, you must run the Image Spore ModAPI Launcher.

[hr][/hr]

Image EASY UNINSTALLER

While the Easy Installer is great for getting your mods installed, maybe you’re having trouble with one, or just want to revert to vanilla Spore for a change. The Easy Uninstaller is there for that! Just choose the mod(s) you want to uninstall from its list, and it’ll take care of everything else!

Warning: This only works for mods installed using the Easy Installer.

[hr][/hr]
[hr][/hr]

[h2]DEVELOPMENT KIT[/h2]

Want to develop mods using the ModAPI? The Development Kit lets you program C++ mods and build them with Visual Studio. There’s an online documentation which you can check for information and tutorials: https://emd4600.github.io/Spore-ModAPI

You can find the download link and how to install the SDK in the first tutorial: https://emd4600.github.io/Spore-ModAPI/ ... ation.html

Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Blind_tai
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread post by Blind_tai »

if i have both steam and orgin version installed. what version dose it "mod"
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by TheUltraCube6723 »

For some reason, the launcher does not ever open. The launcher opens according to Task manager, but only for like half a second, am I doing something wrong?
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:For some reason, the launcher does not ever open. The launcher opens according to Task manager, but only for like half a second, am I doing something wrong?
No, theorically when you execute the launcher the game should open. Later I'll send you a different version so we can try to find what's happening. Also, it would be great if you add me on Steam or Discord, so we can chat better.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:For some reason, the launcher does not ever open. The launcher opens according to Task manager, but only for like half a second, am I doing something wrong?
No, theorically when you execute the launcher the game should open. Later I'll send you a different version so we can try to find what's happening. Also, it would be great if you add me on Steam or Discord, so we can chat better.
I have Steam, my account name there is TheCompanionCube6723

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
Night Shadow
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Night Shadow »

I have the same problem as TheUltraCube6723. I want the infinite colors mod, but the API won't open! Can you help me?
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Night Shadow wrote:I have the same problem as TheUltraCube6723. I want the infinite colors mod, but the API won't open! Can you help me?
This. Would you mind specifying if you are running Windows 8.1? If you also have that OS, it might be a problem with Windows.

As for the developers. Don't rush, take your time. I'd rather wait than rush you.

Night Shadow
Cell
Cell

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
Night Shadow wrote:I have the same problem as TheUltraCube6723. I want the infinite colors mod, but the API won't open! Can you help me?
This. Would you mind specifying if you are running Windows 8.1? If you also have that OS, it might be a problem with Windows.

As for the developers. Don't rush, take your time. I'd rather wait than rush you.
Actually, I'm running on Windows 10. I have an AMD A12 7th Gen GPU Processor on a Lenovo Ideapad 320.
Night Shadow
Cell
Cell

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:

Actually, I have Windows 10.
Artharia
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Artharia »

I really appreciate your work, Emd, Colorpicker didn't fail me yet and I've got interested in l Development kit, but when I try to download it, it stops at 99% (Download Failed) or either download doesn't start at all. Knowing my luck the servers are acting weird.. And It's like for thirty minutes now.

I know it may be pain in the butt, but may I ask for a mirror?

I see much possibilities with that tool... Maybe I don't posses much knowledge in C++, but I'd like to see how it looks.

Edit: I've figured. Avast has trouble and didn't notify me. It suspects Evo-gen, but I think it is false alarm. I will scan with Malwarebytes to see if it also detects something.
Edit2: It's clean according to it. Avast only has problem with one executable within Detours - disas.exe
Last edited by Artharia on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
I've seen weird things.
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

UPDATE: Me and Emd have been talking on Steam regarding the issue about the modAPI simply not opening. We believe we have a lead, as the 3rd test successfully launches Sporeapp.exe

Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

This works great for me and I love the idea! I do have a quick question about the developer kit. the README says to pick the version of spore you are compiling for, which one should I pick for Origin spore?
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Use the "Debug - Steam Patched" and "Release - Steam Patched" for Origin, forgot to mention that xD
(I suppose Origin updates your game to the latest version)

I'm glad you like it!
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

The launcher has been updated so that it works fine for Steam users now, thanks to the collaboration of TheUltraCube
. If the launcher didn't do anything when opening it, download it again and try (if you installed the Enhanced Color Picker mod, you might have to download it again)
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:The launcher has been updated so that it works fine for Steam users now, thanks to the collaboration of TheUltraCube
. If the launcher didn't do anything when opening it, download it again and try (if you installed the Enhanced Color Picker mod, you might have to download it again)
Can confirm it works, and does share too. Now one last thing is to find out if you have to permanently launch Spore through the mod API or if it will also work by launching via Steam

TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Small constructive criticism on the Enhanced Color Picker. The HTML color code viewer should be displayed on top of the color preview, I don't think it needs a separate place. And with the empty space we have left doing that, I'd like it if there was a Saturation slider too.

emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:Small constructive criticism on the Enhanced Color Picker. The HTML color code viewer should be displayed on top of the color preview, I don't think it needs a separate place. And with the empty space we have left doing that, I'd like it if there was a Saturation slider too.
Why would you want it to be on top? Keep in mind that the color code thing is not only a viewer, it can also be edited.

And for the saturation thing, as far as I know the circle acts as saturation (the closest to the center -> the more desaturated).

You have to always run the launcher to get the mod functionality. If you run Spore through Steam, the mod will not work.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
Raptorians
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Raptorians »

The launcher keeps launching Spore with the less-powerful integrated graphics and not the graphics card, even when I set the launcher to use the graphics card. Is there a way to fix this yet?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Raptorians wrote:The launcher keeps launching Spore with the less-powerful integrated graphics and not the graphics card, even when I set the launcher to use the graphics card. Is there a way to fix this yet?
Go to your Galactic Adventures "Data" folder, copy the "Config" folder to a new folder called "Data" in the folder containing the "Spore ModAPI Launcher" folder. So in the end, these should both exist:
.\Spore ModAPI Launcher
.\Data\Config
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Raptorians
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Raptorians »

rob55rod wrote:
Raptorians wrote:The launcher keeps launching Spore with the less-powerful integrated graphics and not the graphics card, even when I set the launcher to use the graphics card. Is there a way to fix this yet?
Go to your Galactic Adventures "Data" folder, copy the "Config" folder to a new folder called "Data" in the folder containing the "Spore ModAPI Launcher" folder. So in the end, these should both exist:
.\Spore ModAPI Launcher
.\Data\Config
Didn't work for me. The graphics are still flat and there's a bit of lag. So essentially, what I'm trying to do is have the launcher run Spore with the NVIDIA card instead of the Intel graphics, but it keeps starting it with Intel...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tools & Patches”