Spore ModAPI

Download tools like Sporemaster and get the latest patches.
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread post by rob55rod »

Nihil wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:31 pm-snip-
While your eagerness is admirable, what you've presented is not a solution at all, but is simply a way to further aggravate the problem. Said problem is not that the Spore ModAPI Launcher never works with Steam Spore, but that it cannot be relied upon to consistently work with Steam Spore - injection failure can potentially lead to game instability or save data corruption if saves which depend on ModAPI mods are present during a game launch where injection has failed. As such, I have placed your instructions into a spoiler, with a warning discouraging readers from following them.

If you would allow it, I would prefer to remove the instructions entirely, but I won't do that without your stated permission.

That said...your hypothesis as to the exact nature of the problem, while similar to my own, differs slightly. This interests me. I will be investigating this further at some point in the future.

umitrix wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:28 pmI'm using an unlicensed version of the game
Congratulations, you answered your own question. Go buy Spore (and don't buy it through Steam). In fact, I'd recommend buying it from GOG. If you're tight on cash, wait until the holiday-season sale.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Nihil
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Unread post by Nihil »

rob55rod wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:34 pm
I totally understand, sorry if I added any unintended confusion. Yet I feel deleting it would lose information that "could" be helpful to others in the future (as I have so far been doing this with no issues, and I am mid-space age so far), and with that said I'll amend it with all the warnings like you want (and have already added), plus new information I've learned (more like corrections).

I won't take much convincing to agree to remove it, I just currently don't like the idea of losing that information.
Jackthemessup

Unread post by Jackthemessup »

rob55rod wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:39 pm
Jackthemessup wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:17 am Hi, I tried to use the ModAPI installer to install dark injection in most/all except one DI part are invisible. I read through the FAQ and it told me to come here for help. I might be being dumb with this since I'm used to installing the mods manually on other computers and have done fine with it (The ModAPI installer didn't work with my older computer since it was too old to run a lot of programs, since it was from 2010)
I'm guessing there's an easy fix to this and I'm not thinking of it. Thanks for the help in advance :)
Nothing about the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit requires a computer from after 2010...something else must've been amiss. In any case though, sounds like it's a moot point now, so...

Where did you buy and install Spore from? And have you ever previously installed it from any other sources?
I bought Spore from Steam on this computer, and I haven't logged into any other computer using this specific steam account. I have Galactic Adventures, Core spore and the Creepy and Cute boy parts pack. Sorry for my absence. I keep trying to see if I've downloaded DI wrong, so I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it using the ModAPI installer twice. Nothing has changed though.

MODERATOR EDIT: Added missing end-quote tag
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread post by rob55rod »

Jackthemessup wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:29 amI bought Spore from Steam on this computer, and I haven't logged into any other computer using this specific steam account. I have Galactic Adventures, Core spore and the Creepy and Cute boy parts pack. Sorry for my absence. I keep trying to see if I've downloaded DI wrong, so I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it using the ModAPI installer twice. Nothing has changed though.
Steam Spore, huh? That might do it...I'd recommend you do the following:

Step 1. Transfer your Steam Spore keys to Origin (or repurchase Spore off of GOG if you don't want to deal with Origin...tbh GOG Spore is better, but transferring Steam Spore keys to Origin is free)
Step 2. Backup your creations and save data (

Code: Select all

%userprofile%\Documents\My Spore Creations
and

%appdata%\SPORE
respectively)
Step 3. Completely uninstall Steam Spore and its DLCs
Step 4. Install Spore and its DLCs from Origin or GOG

Skipping or incorrectly carrying out any of these steps could end sub-optimally, so let me know if you need further clarification, or otherwise have questions on the matter.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Jackthemessup

Unread post by Jackthemessup »

rob55rod wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:29 am
Jackthemessup wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:29 amI bought Spore from Steam on this computer, and I haven't logged into any other computer using this specific steam account. I have Galactic Adventures, Core spore and the Creepy and Cute boy parts pack. Sorry for my absence. I keep trying to see if I've downloaded DI wrong, so I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it using the ModAPI installer twice. Nothing has changed though.
Steam Spore, huh? That might do it...I'd recommend you do the following:

Step 1. Transfer your Steam Spore keys to Origin (or repurchase Spore off of GOG if you don't want to deal with Origin...tbh GOG Spore is better, but transferring Steam Spore keys to Origin is free)
Step 2. Backup your creations and save data (

%userprofile%\Documents\My Spore Creations
and

%appdata%\SPORE
respectively)
Step 3. Completely uninstall Steam Spore and its DLCs
Step 4. Install Spore and its DLCs from Origin or GOG

Skipping or incorrectly carrying out any of these steps could end sub-optimally, so let me know if you need further clarification, or otherwise have questions on the matter.

Thank you! It works perfectly through origin now after reinstalling all the mods onto the origin one.

Return to “Tools & Patches”