Spore ModAPI

Download tools and get the latest patches.
GreenBeans9814
Cell
Cell

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread post by GreenBeans9814 »

i still kinda need the sporemod api fixed, and i am willing to help. i need certain mods working, so please fix this.

GreenBeans9814
Cell
Cell

Unread post by GreenBeans9814 »

i still kinda need the sporemod api fixed, and i am willing to help. i need certain mods working, so please fix this.
TTRC
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by TTRC »

Hello there!
I have an issue with Spore ModAPI Easy Installer: whenever I try to install mod (Dark Injections, latest public beta), it says "ModAPI Easy Installer has stopped working". I extracted all the files from the zip containing the installer and I do run it with admin rights, yet the issue persists. Can you help me? Thanks in advance!
TIM9400
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by TIM9400 »

when i use spore API launcher to launch spore it tells me to launche spore through the Spore API launcher i installed the dark injections mod
lrmazzeo06
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by lrmazzeo06 »

rob55rod wrote:
lrmazzeo06 wrote:nope. that is the only error it ever shows.
Okay...have you ever previously installed Spore from anywhere besides Origin?
no. I only use origin.
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

[marquee][/marquee]
GreenBeans9814 wrote:i still kinda need the sporemod api fixed, and i am willing to help. i need certain mods working, so please fix this.
I'm waiting for my issue to be fixed too. I blame Windows Update. It always seems to break stuff when I haven't updated recently, even though I had to update recently because installing the latest version of the Visual C++ Redistributables makes my potato laptop restart.

EDIT: Another erorr message popped up:
Sketch (1).png
Sketch (1).png (25.96 KiB) Viewed 7262 times
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
LillytheArkcanine
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by LillytheArkcanine »

Can someone help me,I just downloaded the ModAPI kit. When I opened it,it said that I should run DI in the ModAPI launcher but I'm already in the launcher
1000AngryBees
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by 1000AngryBees »

Trying to boot it up through the SPORE API launcher, getting this error message. My SPORE was downloaded from Steam.
collin0898
Cell
Cell

Unread post by collin0898 »

This keeps happening :/
Attachments
Screenshot (1).png
leoluvg
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by leoluvg »

So I had a bit of an issue installing the ModAPI in the first place, but I think I got that solved. I installed Dark Injections, and finally tried to open the game through the ModAPI Launcher as an admin, and this is what popped up:
Screenshot (1).png
I'm not sure what else to do? I don't have any other option but to quit the game. Some help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
UPDATE: I tried reinstalling DI and that seemed to do the trick! Problem solved.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

...just when I thought this problem couldn't get any more confusing... .-.
(also there's no need to run the ModAPI Launcher as Administrator)
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
MerekiDor
Cell
Cell

Unread post by MerekiDor »

So what's that supposed to be? I can't open spore through this launcher at all. Using it with DI, everything required installed.
Spoiler
Old :spore: player since 2010.
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

Just like before, the update didn't fix my issues.
Here are my specs:
Sketch (1).png
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Blueeyesdragon86
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Blueeyesdragon86 »

Last edited by Blueeyesdragon86 on Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

RedWyvernKiros wrote:Hello, yes. I'm suffering from a problem similar to someone else's. My antivirus refused to let me use the ModAPI launcher. It considered it a virus and blocked it. I did manage to get a picture of it, but I deleted that a long time ago (for some reason.)

If this helps, I use Bitdefender. It's rather overprotective, too. So maybe this is the case? I also normally ran it as an admin, which I can only assume my antivirus thought it was going to do something malicious with those powers. I even ran it without the administrator powers and it still classified it as malicious.
Last I used the ModAPI, I used it to run the Infinite colors mod and the Infinite scaling. Should I just re-download the API to see if it'll make a difference?
It's a false positive. There's no need to run it as an Administrator, doing so will only cause greater hassle for you and prevent you from dragging creation PNGs into the game window.

You'll likely have to add an exception to your antivirus. I've heard a fair few stories of Bitdefender being overprotective...

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

LillytheArkcanine wrote:Can someone help me,I just downloaded the ModAPI kit. When I opened it,it said that I should run DI in the ModAPI launcher but I'm already in the launcher
I've updated the ModAPI Launcher, it should expose more information about the problem now. If you run it again, does it show any error messages of any kind? And if so, can you provide screenshots of them?

Invizion
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Invizion »

Hello,

There's any way to start spore with SporeMod API and -locale tags?
I need to run it with the code -locale:en-us (since I need the game in english and beside I've chosen the Origin language in English, it doesn't show me the game in english). If I add the -locale:en-us to spore app it works, but when using SporeMod API Launcher how to get it? Thanks.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Invizion wrote:Hello,

There's any way to start spore with SporeMod API and -locale tags?
I need to run it with the code -locale:en-us (since I need the game in english and beside I've chosen the Origin language in English, it doesn't show me the game in english). If I add the -locale:en-us to spore app it works, but when using SporeMod API Launcher how to get it? Thanks.
It's actually quite simple - any commandline options passed to the Spore ModAPI Launcher will then be passed through to the game itself, so just run the Spore ModAPI Launcher with -locale:en-us.

bluesbuilder
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by bluesbuilder »

Hi Rob,

I'm having trouble running Spore Mod API Launcher, 2.3.2. I'm running Spore from Steam and have the Galactic Adventures Pack. The modAPI easy installer works, and I did successfully see the game launch once when I was in my admin account. Then I tried it in a limited user account, and from then on it hasn't run. I am getting a Win32 Access Denied error with this message:

https://pasteboard.co/I2UD4hc.png

Thanks for any help you might be able to supply!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

bluesbuilder wrote:Hi Rob,

I'm having trouble running Spore Mod API Launcher, 2.3.2. I'm running Spore from Steam and have the Galactic Adventures Pack. The modAPI easy installer works, and I did successfully see the game launch once when I was in my admin account. Then I tried it in a limited user account, and from then on it hasn't run. I am getting a Win32 Access Denied error with this message:

https://pasteboard.co/I2UD4hc.png

Thanks for any help you might be able to supply!
Sorry for the late reply. An issue like this may be easier to diagnose (and hopefully resolve) over Discord or something, if you're open to that...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tools & Patches”