Spore ModAPI

Download tools and get the latest patches.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread post by rob55rod »

MAGLCatanduvaBrasil wrote:ola queria saber como eu faço para desinstalar o spore modapi launcher ?
ENGLISH: Why exactly do you want to uninstall the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Is it not working properly? Because if so, I can probably help you with that.

PORTUGUÊS (GOOGLE TRADUTOR): Por que exatamente você deseja desinstalar o Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Não está funcionando corretamente? Porque se assim for, provavelmente posso ajudá-lo a consertar isso.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
otmtmn
Cell
Cell

Unread post by otmtmn »

I tried playing Spore with this mod along with some other mods (supersized creature, infinite scaling) and it showed an error message. What am I supposed to do? I don't know how to put images in replies. :( Some basic info about the error message said, "System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception" and "Access is denied".
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

otmtmn wrote:I tried playing Spore with this mod along with some other mods (supersized creature, infinite scaling) and it showed an error message. What am I supposed to do? I don't know how to put images in replies. :( Some basic info about the error message said, "System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception" and "Access is denied".
Can you provide screenshots of these errors in their entirety, along with all of your installed mods?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Aylin1
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Aylin1 »

The tab for "sporecasts" is missing :(
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

Aylin1 wrote:The tab for "sporecasts" is missing :(
That's not a ModAPI issue. This happens when the game is set to only download creations made by buddies.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
SkyTechRTS
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by SkyTechRTS »

I too keep getting the "Access denied error" initially it wouldn't work at all (I used my old disks) but I got pissed off and re-bought the game on Steam which is where i'm now getting the "Access denied" error this happened, both before and after I uninstalled the Disk versions of the game.

screenshot: Image
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

SkyTechRTS wrote:I too keep getting the "Access denied error" initially it wouldn't work at all (I used my old disks) but I got pissed off and re-bought the game on Steam which is where i'm now getting the "Access denied" error this happened, both before and after I uninstalled the Disk versions of the game.
Does this mean that the issue is related to Steam?
I'm also suffering from this issue. I'm using the Steam version of Spore too.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

SkyTechRTS wrote:I too keep getting the "Access denied error" initially it wouldn't work at all (I used my old disks) but I got pissed off and re-bought the game on Steam which is where i'm now getting the "Access denied" error this happened, both before and after I uninstalled the Disk versions of the game.
VanillaCold wrote:I'm also suffering from this issue. I'm using the Steam version of Spore too.
I've been trying to figure out what could possibly be causing this issue for quite a while now, but recently, I may have discovered a potential answer to that question. Only time - and testing - will tell for sure.

VanillaCold wrote:Does this mean that the issue is related to Steam?
Funny you should mention that...virtually all of the remaining issues with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit are either exclusive to the Steam version of the game or far more prevalent with it than other versions. Furthermore, this actually has absolutely no connection to the past supposed "unmoddability" of Steam Spore - that was solely a matter of our limited understanding of how package prioritization works, while all this ModAPI nonsense has nothing to do with that and seemingly everything to do with the fact that Steam Spore can only be launched through Steam, meaning the ModAPI Launcher is forced to ask Steam to start the game, rather than just...starting it directly, as it would for every other version of the game.

EndeRaptoR
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by EndeRaptoR »

I've installed Dark Injection beta 2.3.2 and it required to open game using Spore ModAPI Launcher. So I downloaded it, installed and tried to launch game via Spore ModAPI but I'm still getting this message in Spore (steam version).
Sorry for my broken English.
From Russia with love~
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

EndeRaptoR wrote:I've installed Dark Injection beta 2.3.2 and it required to open game using Spore ModAPI Launcher. So I downloaded it, installed and tried to launch game via Spore ModAPI but I'm still getting this message in Spore (steam version).
Do any other error messages appear? And if so, can you provide screenshots of all of them?

EndeRaptoR
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote:Do any other error messages appear? And if so, can you provide screenshots of all of them?
No errors appears.
Also if it useful, game runs fine with Dark Injection 2.1.6, but with 2.3.2 I'm getting this problem.
From Russia with love~
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

EndeRaptoR wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Do any other error messages appear? And if so, can you provide screenshots of all of them?
No errors appears.
...huh, a third case of this. Where did you install Spore from? Steam? GOG? Disk? Origin?
And also, have you successfully used any other ModAPI mods?

EndeRaptoR wrote:Also if it useful, game runs fine with Dark Injection 2.1.6, but with 2.3.2 I'm getting this problem.
Well yeah, DI 9.r Public Beta 2.1.6 isn't a ModAPI mod, so of course it doesn't make any effort to ensure that the ModAPI Launcher is used. Meanwhile, DI 9.r Public Beta 2.3.2 is a ModAPI mod, so of course it complains if the Spore ModAPI Launcher isn't used (or fails to inject, as evidently is the case here). The underlying problem exists regardless of which is used though.

EndeRaptoR
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote: ...huh, a third case of this. Where did you install Spore from? Steam? GOG? Disk? Origin?
It's a steam version of Spore, places in X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\spore
Other mods I have doesn't requires ModAPI.
From Russia with love~
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

EndeRaptoR wrote:
rob55rod wrote: ...huh, a third case of this. Where did you install Spore from? Steam? GOG? Disk? Origin?
It's a steam version of Spore, places in X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\spore
Other mods I have doesn't requires ModAPI.
Okay. This is going to sound rather strange, but...can you do me a favor and install the Enhanced Color Picker, and tell me whether or not it works for you?

EndeRaptoR
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote: Okay. This is going to sound rather strange, but...can you do me a favor and install the Enhanced Color Picker, and tell me whether or not it works for you?
I installed mod, API installer said it was successfully. And it is cause I can see mod file in Spore:GA folder (DataEP1). But when I launching game (via ModAPI launcher), mod just... doesn't work: no additional button for other colours in creator.
From Russia with love~
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

EndeRaptoR wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Okay. This is going to sound rather strange, but...can you do me a favor and install the Enhanced Color Picker, and tell me whether or not it works for you?
I installed mod, API installer said it was successfully. And it is cause I can see mod file in Spore:GA folder (DataEP1). But when I launching game (via ModAPI launcher), mod just... doesn't work: no additional button for other colours in creator.
...oh, wonderful. I've seen issues like this in only a few other cases, and...have yet to locate a viable solution, unfortunately. The only workaround I know of is to move to a non-Steam version of Spore (Origin is probably easiest to transfer your keys to), but for obvious reasons, I don't really want to go around telling everyone to do that...

MAGLCatanduvaBrasil
Cell
Cell

Unread post by MAGLCatanduvaBrasil »

PORTUGUÊS : Por que exatamente você deseja desinstalar o Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Não está funcionando corretamente? Porque se assim for, provavelmente eu posso te ajudar com isso.
POIS BEM TENTEI INSTALAR UM MOD ESTE MOD AQUI 2019_DI_9_r_Beta2-3-2 (1).sporemod MAIS NAO DEU CERTO A PARECE UMA MENSAGE DE ERRO
PSS; NAO SEI COMO POSTAR IMAGENS AQUI NASSE SITE
MAGLCatanduvaBrasil
Cell
Cell

Unread post by MAGLCatanduvaBrasil »

EndeRaptoR wrote:I've installed Dark Injection beta 2.3.2 and it required to open game using Spore ModAPI Launcher. So I downloaded it, installed and tried to launch game via Spore ModAPI but I'm still getting this message in Spore (steam version).
TAMBEM ESTOU TENDO ESTE PROBLEMA SO QUE O MEU E UMA VERÇAO PIRATA
Risis4
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Risis4 »

i have the same error i dont know what to do .-.
otmtmn
Cell
Cell

Unread post by otmtmn »

I get that exact error.

Return to “Tools & Patches”