Spore ModAPI

Download tools like Sporemaster and get the latest patches.
bread
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby bread » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:43 pm

Thank ya very much, you have been an awesome help!

Toxxicvomit
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Unread postby Toxxicvomit » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:50 pm

Not sure if this has been asked before, but would you consider making a version for Mac? I have all the Spore expansions and game on my mac done through CDs. I can still mod the game but I am unable to use updated mods now that they require this ModAPI.

I am fine with the older version of Dark injections but it would be nice to get the updated ones for all the new stuff aha.

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:25 pm

bread wrote:Thank ya very much, you have been an awesome help!
No problem, sorry for the...stupidity, lol.

Toxxicvomit wrote:Not sure if this has been asked before, but would you consider making a version for Mac? I have all the Spore expansions and game on my mac done through CDs. I can still mod the game but I am unable to use updated mods now that they require this ModAPI.

I am fine with the older version of Dark injections but it would be nice to get the updated ones for all the new stuff aha.
I've had a few requests before, yes. The idea of a macOS "version" of the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit doesn't make any sense, as Spore itself on macOS is nothing more than the Windows version of the game running in Cider, an ancient proprietary fork of WINE aimed at commercial game developers. My plan was, loosely speaking, to follow Maxis's example.
At first glance, the task didn't look impossible, only excruciatingly painful. That was, until Apple announced that they were finally nuking all 32-bit software on their platform, meaning that both Spore and Cider won't work on macOS anymore, thus any efforts on my part would be in vain. So no, I no longer have any plans to bring the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit to macOS. I doubt I could even pull it off before it's too late. Sorry.

On the flipside, so far, things are looking a lot more optimistic for a similar approach on Linux (though again, no promises). Virtualization does exist, so if all goes according to plan, you may not be as dead in the water as you may think.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

GruesomeBeauty

Unread postby GruesomeBeauty » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:34 pm

Hello! I've been getting a consistent error log and it told me to submit here. It worked very smoothly the first time i used the API launcher and Dark Injections, but after i changed the darkspore UI sounds back to vanilla spore's UI sounds, it won't boot. not even uninstalling, reinstalling or restarting my computer fixed the error.
Could someone help me?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Tools & Patches”