Spore ModAPI

Download tools and get the latest patches.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread post by rob55rod »

qoqillol wrote:This is probably the most recent question of yours in a while, but there's at least some of us that don't want the game to die. I downloaded the most recent versions of Dark Injections (as well as this), but during the "customization" phase of the download (for DI), very little of the non-graphical changes took place (ie: I don't want the armor/weapons category). Additionally, mods I download don't often take affect...ever. Help???
Where did you install Spore from? Steam? GOG? Origin? Disk?

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
qwertyuiop123
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by qwertyuiop123 »

It wont work it keeps popping up with an error message
Attachments
error.png
Lord Doggo
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Lord Doggo »

(I'm Completely new to Davo and mainly use Discord)

Hey, just wanna get some help with the Spore Mod API because some mods do work (Since they don't need the API) unfortunately for some ; Dark Injection and etc. ; do not work. Mainly I'll ask about Dark Injection. It asks for me to open Dark Injection through the Spore mod API Launcher and did so. Upon clicking, it will open an error telling me that msvcp140-dll is missing and so as vcruntime140.dll popping up the error twice then opening an error with the code. Then normally opening Galactic Adventures.

Do I just fix it by re installation (Of the dll files), because we did and its still missing? Or do I need to do something else.

Other Info :
Windows 7, x64 bit
Spoiler
Lord Doggo Was Here :sc:
Gafla99
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Gafla99 »

Hello! I'm a new user of this forum and I need help with the API launcher.
So, I wanted to reinstall Spore. I have all the DLC's and I wanted to download darkinjection and some other mods. Unfortunately I wasn't prepared for the new launcher, and I was abitued with the old one. Still, I follow the instructions and I let the API installer put the program in the folder "C:\ProgramData\SPORE ModAPI Launcher Kit". So, when I started spore, it gave me various errors (if I can i will post a screen later). I realized that the folder C:\ProgramData doesn't exist. Or at least I installed it in the Spore folder, which is inexistent. So, I...uninstalled and reinstalled Spore. I thought that would resolve the problem but no, when I boot up the game it says that the Spore ModApi Launcher wasn't detected.Then my genious brain thought "Hey, let's try to install the apilauncher in SPORE folder" and since I'm stupid I installed it there, because maybe "C:\ProgramData\SPORE" was, in reality,"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\SPORE". Still, SPORE gives me another error, and it says that it can't detect the game version. If I try to boot up I still have the in-game error of not finding the launcher
I lost hope and I think that I should reset the PC. What should I do? I know, I know, it's a messed up situation but I thought that installing it was easy like the old one. Should I uninstall the Spore ModApi?
Please help. I'm desperate.
Modded spore: Exists

Me: It is possible to learn this power
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Gafla99 wrote:Hello! I'm a new user of this forum and I need help with the API launcher.
So, I wanted to reinstall Spore. I have all the DLC's and I wanted to download darkinjection and some other mods. Unfortunately I wasn't prepared for the new launcher, and I was abitued with the old one. Still, I follow the instructions and I let the API installer put the program in the folder "C:\ProgramData\SPORE ModAPI Launcher Kit". So, when I started spore, it gave me various errors (if I can i will post a screen later). I realized that the folder C:\ProgramData doesn't exist. Or at least I installed it in the Spore folder, which is inexistent. So, I...uninstalled and reinstalled Spore. I thought that would resolve the problem but no, when I boot up the game it says that the Spore ModApi Launcher wasn't detected.Then my genious brain thought "Hey, let's try to install the apilauncher in SPORE folder" and since I'm stupid I installed it there, because maybe "C:\ProgramData\SPORE" was, in reality,"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\SPORE". Still, SPORE gives me another error, and it says that it can't detect the game version. If I try to boot up I still have the in-game error of not finding the launcher
I lost hope and I think that I should reset the PC. What should I do? I know, I know, it's a messed up situation but I thought that installing it was easy like the old one. Should I uninstall the Spore ModApi?
Please help. I'm desperate.
1. ProgramData does exist, but it's hidden by default.
2. Don't go resetting your entire PC, that's overkill and then some.
3. Where did you install Spore from? A disk, I take it?
4. Installation is far easier than ever before. Nothing is perfect, and things can and will go wrong either way, it seems...but as much as this may seem hard to believe, the frequency with which they do so has decreased substantially since the ModAPI Launcher Kit hit the scene.
5. All it would've taken was screenshots of the error messages and with a bit of luck, I may well have been able to assist you quite easily. Unfortunately, it seems it's too late for that approach, so we'll need to be...careful, while we untangle all of this. I need to know...have you been using any other mods or prior versions of Dark Injection before now?

Lord Doggo wrote:(I'm Completely new to Davo and mainly use Discord)

Hey, just wanna get some help with the Spore Mod API because some mods do work (Since they don't need the API) unfortunately for some ; Dark Injection and etc. ; do not work. Mainly I'll ask about Dark Injection. It asks for me to open Dark Injection through the Spore mod API Launcher and did so. Upon clicking, it will open an error telling me that msvcp140-dll is missing and so as vcruntime140.dll popping up the error twice then opening an error with the code. Then normally opening Galactic Adventures.

Do I just fix it by re installation (Of the dll files), because we did and its still missing? Or do I need to do something else.

Other Info :
Windows 7, x64 bit
No need, just install this. If you run into any further trouble, I'd be more than happy to help out on Discord if you'd prefer.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
VeryChillGiraffe
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by VeryChillGiraffe »

So I tried installing Dark Injector, it seemed to go well until I loaded the creature creator. It crashes every time, no matter what I do.
goldiegoldie
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by goldiegoldie »

https://gyazo.com/881896573d55ce7e97161ac089afc2e0 i only got dark injections yesterday and this happened after i had been on the cell editor and flora editor (i returned the set launch options back to blank)
Major Ian
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Major Ian »

I keep getting a thing that says Errorcode 5 is there a way to fix that?

I get it whenever I use the launcher.
Jeffery
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Jeffery »

nvm after uninstalling the mod and reinstalling the mod api it works now
Jeff Jeffery 8-)
Spore Researcher
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Spore Researcher »

I have

Error:2
ErrorCode: -214767259
NativeErrorCode: 2
HResult: -214767259
xXSPACECOREXx
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by xXSPACECOREXx »

When I run the installer it crashes instantly. I am running windows 7 and have the steam version of spore and the other two DLC games like galactic adventures and creepy/cute. ModApi.InternSetup has stopped working.
Purplepinecone
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Purplepinecone »

For some reason when I attempt to launch spore is decides to show this instead:

"Something went wrong while starting or injecting your mods into Spore Galactic Adventures. The game may start, but some mods will not work correctly./nIf you see this message, please report the issue, along with a screenshot of this MessageBox. A forum thread where you may do so should open once this MessageBox is closed, but if this does not occur, you can also find the thread at:
wiewtopic.php?f=108&t=6300

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception

Acsess is denied"
Valkyrie6
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Valkyrie6 »

Purplepinecone
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Purplepinecone »

nvm it just took a while to get it to launch
bread
Cell
Cell

Unread post by bread »

I have spore on steam and am trying to get Dark Injections, so I installed the API, clicked the easy installer, and Dark Injections just doesn't show up on the search thing. Any help?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

bread wrote:I have spore on steam and am trying to get Dark Injections, so I installed the API, clicked the easy installer, and Dark Injections just doesn't show up on the search thing. Any help?
...in the browse dialog, did you select the folder you downloaded Dark Injection to? (Dark Injection is singular btw)

bread
Cell
Cell

Unread post by bread »

Yes I did, I had put the Dark Injection file on my desktop and it didn't appear.

I do know Dark Injection is singular, for some reason adding an S just makes sense to my brain pf
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

bread wrote:Yes I did, I had put the Dark Injection file on my desktop and it didn't appear.

I do know Dark Injection is singular, for some reason adding an S just makes sense to my brain pf
Are you doing this on someone else's computer, or is your account an Administrator account?

bread
Cell
Cell

Unread post by bread »

My account isn't an administrator account but I am running it as admin
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

bread wrote:My account isn't an administrator account but I am running it as admin
That would explain it - since you're running the ModAPI Easy Installer under someone else's administrator account, it's actually looking for the file on that user's desktop, and not yours.

I am working on a way to properly resolve this problem, but that solution is still far from being ready for release, as are all the other changes that release will bring. For now, I suppose you'll just have to navigate to your account's desktop explicitly.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tools & Patches”