Spore ModAPI

Download tools and get the latest patches.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread post by rob55rod »

FoxButt wrote:I've done EVERYTHING to try and fix this but i keep encountering this error that NOBODY else has.
Incorrect, I've seen a few other people who've encountered it. Unfortunately, I've yet to make any headway in determining a cause or potential solution...

FoxButt wrote:I have the steam version however its said it doesnt matter
Steam Spore is sometimes fine for modding purposes, but is far less reliable for this purpose than other versions.

FoxButt wrote:origin version is N/A.
What exactly do you mean by "N/A" here?

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
ProbablyAXenomorph
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by ProbablyAXenomorph »

Hi all, new to these forums. I've downloaded the Spore ModAPI, and installed Force Save and Dark Injections. I launch spore through the Spore ModAPI Launcher, a pop-up says it can't find the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll on my computer, but then proceeds to run smoothly, gives me the Dark Injections intro and the Galactic Adventures intro, but when I get to the main menu of the game it gives an error message that says "API Launcher not found", even though I am starting up the game with said launcher.
I have tried re-installing, but that didn't work, and returned the same message as before.

Help?

Disclaimer: I'm not good at modding or general tech stuff. Please be patient.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ProbablyAXenomorph wrote:Hi all, new to these forums. I've downloaded the Spore ModAPI, and installed Force Save and Dark Injections. I launch spore through the Spore ModAPI Launcher, a pop-up says it can't find the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll on my computer, but then proceeds to run smoothly, gives me the Dark Injections intro and the Galactic Adventures intro, but when I get to the main menu of the game it gives an error message that says "API Launcher not found", even though I am starting up the game with said launcher.
I have tried re-installing, but that didn't work, and returned the same message as before.

Help?

Install this. Make sure it's the correct version for whatever version of Windows you're using. Let me know whether or not that helps.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
FoxButt
Cell
Cell

Unread post by FoxButt »

when i do get it working, from the launcher, it tells me its not detected. where should i put the launcher so it finds it?
ProbablyAXenomorph
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by ProbablyAXenomorph »

rob55rod wrote:
ProbablyAXenomorph wrote:Hi all, new to these forums. I've downloaded the Spore ModAPI, and installed Force Save and Dark Injections. I launch spore through the Spore ModAPI Launcher, a pop-up says it can't find the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll on my computer, but then proceeds to run smoothly, gives me the Dark Injections intro and the Galactic Adventures intro, but when I get to the main menu of the game it gives an error message that says "API Launcher not found", even though I am starting up the game with said launcher.

Help?

Install this. Make sure it's the correct version for whatever version of Windows you're using. Let me know whether or not that helps.
Well, I tried that, but then it ran into other problems. My computer (Windows 8.1) doesn't want to update at all, which is unfortunate. It's taking forever to "search for updates", and when trying to find out why this is happening, I'm just getting sucked into a rabbithole, and then trying to force the updates that have failed or just not happened isn't working... oh well.
Thank you for trying to help!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

FoxButt wrote:when i do get it working, from the launcher, it tells me its not detected. where should i put the launcher so it finds it?
If that happens, you didn't get it working. Definitely don't move the launcher, nothing is trying to "find" it. That error was the result of poor phrasing on my part. Still trying to figure out what's actually wrong here...
ProbablyAXenomorph wrote:Well, I tried that, but then it ran into other problems. My computer (Windows 8.1) doesn't want to update at all, which is unfortunate. It's taking forever to "search for updates", and when trying to find out why this is happening, I'm just getting sucked into a rabbithole, and then trying to force the updates that have failed or just not happened isn't working... oh well.
Thank you for trying to help!
Hah, you almost sound like you think I'm done trying to help. I'm not going to give up that easily.

It seems I failed to mention that you can (and probably should) scroll down to the "Method 2: Microsoft Download Center" section on the page I linked to previously. This will allow you to download a self-contained installer for the update you need. In theory, this should allow you to install the update without having to locate it through Windows Update. Let's hope it holds up in practice.

We'll worry about if that doesn't work if that time comes. If.

FoxButt
Cell
Cell

Unread post by FoxButt »

FoxButt wrote:when i do get it working, from the launcher, it tells me its not detected. where should i put the launcher so it finds it?
rob55rod wrote:If that happens, you didn't get it working. Definitely don't move the launcher, nothing is trying to "find" it. That error was the result of poor phrasing on my part. Still trying to figure out what's actually wrong here...
if i start it from the launcher i get that error i posted before. when i launch GA from steam it loads DI up but as soon as it gets to the galaxy it would tell me to quit as its not detecting the API, even though the mod is clearly working without its help. before the API update, i was able to use DI just fine. is there someplace i can download older versions of DI?
belfegor
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by belfegor »

Hi,

I would like to ask for some help.

I use the Steam version of SPORE and Galactic Adventures
Installed Mods:
SPORE ModAPI,
Dark Injection current verision
ForceSave
Better Spore

It worked for once for a new game, then , after next launch:

I have 2 problems now with modded SPORE

1. SPORE immediately Freezes, if trying to start any New Game.
whole PC system need to be restarted. (by the way saved games still ran, with the modded content)
Is there any known treatment to fix this?

2. After last freeze , crash and restart, Spore ModAPI LAuncher executable simply disappeared, and LAuncher Kit reinstaller request the Exe file..
How can I reinstall, without loisng all the already added mod config?
Of course would like to try avoiding clean reinstall.

Thanks for the reply in advance!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

FoxButt wrote:if i start it from the launcher i get that error i posted before. when i launch GA from steam it loads DI up but as soon as it gets to the galaxy it would tell me to quit as its not detecting the API
Again...use the Spore ModAPI Launcher, not Steam.
FoxButt wrote:even though the mod is clearly working without its help.
No, it clearly isn't working. The presence of that error message, poorly-phrased as it is, proves this.
FoxButt wrote:before the API update, i was able to use DI just fine.
Wait, what? Okay, now we might be getting somewhere...what version of the ModAPI Launcher Kit were you using as of the last time this worked?
FoxButt wrote:is there someplace i can download older versions of DI?
No. Besides, we've already determined that the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit is the problem, not DI, so even if there was, that wouldn't solve the problem at all.

---------------
belfegor wrote:I use the Steam version of SPORE and Galactic Adventures
Installed Mods:
SPORE ModAPI,
ForceSave
Better Spore

whole PC system need to be restarted. (by the way saved games still ran, with the modded content)
BetterSpore is an ancient mod which has been broken since the release of the Galactic Adventures expansion pack, back in 2009. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was the cause of this problem...
Unfortunately, by running Spore with it installed, you may have created a save file dependency, which may require a Galaxy reset to correct. Before you do anything about this...did you backup your save data before messing with all of this, by any chance? And if not, do you know how to do so?
belfegor wrote:2. After last freeze , crash and restart, Spore ModAPI LAuncher executable simply disappeared, and LAuncher Kit reinstaller request the Exe file..
Okay...do you have any kind of antivirus installed? If so, that may well explain the sudden disappearance of the launcher. Add and exclusion to your antivirus for the folder to which you installed the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit.

After that, to recover the Spore ModAPI Launcher, use the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit Setup Program to "update" your existing (and presumably up-to-date) Spore ModAPI launcher Kit. When providing the path to the ModAPI Launcher Kit to update, select the executable for the Spore ModAPI Easy Installer or Spore ModAPI Easy Uninstaller.

FoxButt
Cell
Cell

Unread post by FoxButt »

rob55rod wrote:Wait, what? Okay, now we might be getting somewhere...what version of the ModAPI Launcher Kit were you using as of the last time this worked?
i think it was Version 8 or version 7 of dark injection, the API im using is what version it gives to me, V1.1.0. the only 2 issues :di: version 9r is giving me is: launcher fails to launch game (only launches the process names "sporeapp") + :di: and gives me a error, image in earlier posts. Issue 2 is that launching :ga: loads up :di: with it, of not the whole mod then its loading the intro for it but then pops up the window saying API not detected.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

FoxButt wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Wait, what? Okay, now we might be getting somewhere...what version of the ModAPI Launcher Kit were you using as of the last time this worked?
i think it was Version 8 or version 7 of dark injection, the API im using is what version it gives to me, V1.1.0. the only 2 issues :di: version 9r is giving me is: launcher fails to launch game (only launches the process names "sporeapp") + :di: and gives me a error, image in earlier posts. Issue 2 is that launching :ga: loads up :di: with it, of not the whole mod then its loading the intro for it but then pops up the window saying API not detected.
Wait...when you said "before the API update" earlier, were you referring to an update to the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit, or were you talking to updating to a version of DI which takes advantage of the Spore ModAPI?

FoxButt
Cell
Cell

Unread post by FoxButt »

back when the manual install files were available instead of the API .sporemod
FoxButt
Cell
Cell

Unread post by FoxButt »

also it was edited to fix some grammar
belfegor
Hatchling
Hatchling

belfegor wrote:I use the Steam version of SPORE and Galactic Adventures
Installed Mods:
SPORE ModAPI,
ForceSave
Better Spore

BetterSpore is an ancient mod which has been broken since the release of the Galactic Adventures expansion pack, back in 2009. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was the cause of this problem...
Unfortunately, by running Spore with it installed, you may have created a save file dependency, which may require a Galaxy reset to correct. Before you do anything about this...did you backup your save data before messing with all of this, by any chance? And if not, do you know how to do so?
belfegor wrote:2. After last freeze , crash and restart, Spore ModAPI LAuncher executable simply disappeared, and LAuncher Kit reinstaller request the Exe file..
Okay...do you have any kind of antivirus installed? If so, that may well explain the sudden disappearance of the launcher. Add and exclusion to your antivirus for the folder to which you installed the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit.

After that, to recover the Spore ModAPI Launcher, use the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit Setup Program to "update" your existing (and presumably up-to-date) Spore ModAPI launcher Kit. When providing the path to the ModAPI Launcher Kit to update, select the executable for the Spore ModAPI Easy Installer or Spore ModAPI Easy Uninstaller.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply!

I concentrated on 2.
Added the location to exception list in Antivirus
Added the Installer executable to exception list in Antivirus
Ran the Installer with the original folder ,and installer executable selected.

icons did not appeared, and installer seemed not running till end of process.
removed the existing 2 icon from desktop, for installer and uninstaller
reran installer
all icon appeared correctly, and installer success fully finished.

Then worked on 1.
Removed Better Spore packages manually from the data folder.

And started the Modapi Launcher...
Which got stuck in the famous R6034 error , with the Access denied message at line 192.
So one step closer.

But as I read, for this error you don't yet have a remedy, do You?

Thanks and regards,
Belfegor
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

FoxButt wrote:back when the manual install files were available instead of the API .sporemod
...well of course that didn't give you any trouble. Having your car's engine break down won't stop you from riding your bike, for lack of a better metaphor...

what the heck is going on here

-------------------
belfegor wrote:Thanks for the reply!

I concentrated on 2.
Added the location to exception list in Antivirus
Added the Installer executable to exception list in Antivirus
Ran the Installer with the original folder ,and installer executable selected.

icons did not appeared, and installer seemed not running till end of process.
removed the existing 2 icon from desktop, for installer and uninstaller
reran installer
all icon appeared correctly, and installer success fully finished.

Then worked on 1.
Removed Better Spore packages manually from the data folder.

And started the Modapi Launcher...
Which got stuck in the famous R6034 error , with the Access denied message at line 192.
So one step closer.

But as I read, for this error you don't yet have a remedy, do You?

Thanks and regards,
Belfegor
Hmmm...this isn't necessarily unfixable...can you show me a screenshot of this this "Access denied" message? And also, what version of Dark Injection (did/do) you have installed, exactly?

belfegor
Hatchling
Hatchling

Hi,

For me - at least it lloks like one of the erros described in the Help and Support area,

Here are the screenshots:
Spore_MODAPI.png
Spore_MODAPI_error_screen_2.png
Spore_MODAPI_error_screen_2.png (5.77 KiB) Viewed 8082 times
belfegor
Hatchling
Hatchling

And I use the latest build of Dark Injection, it worked for once, and also it worked till the issue with the saved games.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

For anyone getting sick and tired of these Steam Spore-related ModAPI Launcher Kit anomalies, I have some potential good news for you: the GOG version of Spore is currently on sale for 75% off. While I can't 100% promise that switching will resolve anything, the odds are pretty good, as a lot of these anomalous problems do seem to be exclusive to the Steam version of Spore, so if you have around $10 to spare and don't feel like waiting, here's a potential workaround.

For anyone who does decide to make the jump, be sure to do the following:
1. Backup your creations, found at

Code: Select all

%userprofile%\Documents\My Spore Creations
(varies by game locale)
2. Backup your save data, found at

Code: Select all

%appdata%\SPORE
3. UNINSTALL YOUR EXISTING VERSION OF SPORE BEFORE INSTALLING ANOTHER ONE IN ITS PLACE

To those of you who are not so inclined to switch over, I haven't given up on properly resolving these problems. I just haven't found proper solutions to some of the remaining ones yet, either.

THEBROSBROTHER
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by THEBROSBROTHER »

When i try to open Spore with the launcher it says that i need to reopen Spore and open Spore with the launcher even though i am opening with it.
And it's showing me Error:2
Attachments
Capture.PNG
qoqillol
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by qoqillol »

This is probably the most recent question of yours in a while, but there's at least some of us that don't want the game to die. I downloaded the most recent versions of Dark Injections (as well as this), but during the "customization" phase of the download (for DI), very little of the non-graphical changes took place (ie: I don't want the armor/weapons category). Additionally, mods I download don't often take affect...ever. Help???
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tools & Patches”