Spore ModAPI

Download tools and get the latest patches.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread post by rob55rod »

argos wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
argos wrote:I have a problem regarding the launcher itself. Every time I open it, even if I run it as Administrator, it says "Could not execute Spore Galactic Adventures. Only a part of ReadProcessMemory and WriteProcessMemory was completed," and none of the mods I've installed are showing in-game. I'm running GA on Steam, so could that possibly contribute to it?
It's nothing to do with Steam. What mods are you trying to use?
The Enhanced Color Picker, UPR, and Infinite Scaling at the moment.
That...

Okay. If you have any kind of antivirus, try adding an exception for the ModAPI Launcher. Let me know how that works out, and we'll see what else can be done, if needed.

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
argos
Cell
Cell

Unread post by argos »

rob55rod wrote: That...

Okay. If you have any kind of antivirus, try adding an exception for the ModAPI Launcher. Let me know how that works out, and we'll see what else can be done, if needed.
(imusingmcafee)It still shows the error message, even if I added the exception. It doesn't show the exe in the quarantined items section either.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

argos wrote:(imusingmcafee)It still shows the error message, even if I added the exception. It doesn't show the exe in the quarantined items section either.
...well there goes that hypothesis.

I'd be lying if I said I knew exactly what the problem is, but what I can say for sure is that I've heard some indication that uninstalling and reinstalling the game can, in some cases, resolve it...whatever "it" may be.

However, if you're going to go that route, I'd recommend backing up your creations and save data first. If you need a hand doing so, I'd be happy to meet up with you on SMC and guide you through that mess. It'll have to be tomorrow though, so...if you do need a hand, leave me a DM, and I'll get back to you ASAP.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
argos
Cell
Cell

Unread post by argos »

rob55rod wrote: ...well there goes that hypothesis.

I'd be lying if I said I knew exactly what the problem is, but what I can say for sure is that I've heard some indication that uninstalling and reinstalling the game can, in some cases, resolve it...whatever "it" may be.

However, if you're going to go that route, I'd recommend backing up your creations and save data first. If you need a hand doing so, I'd be happy to meet up with you on SMC and guide you through that mess. It'll have to be tomorrow though, so...if you do need a hand, leave me a DM, and I'll get back to you ASAP.
Okay, I think I fixed it.
It had nothing to do with a re-install actually, but I did it anyway. Apparently I had Origin on my computer(i only had it to install the asymmetry update), and had to uninstall it. It still kept the update, though, so that's nice. I think it was conflicting with Steam, and so it gave me that error message. Other than that, I think everything seems to be working now.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

argos wrote:

It had nothing to do with a re-install actually, but I did it anyway. Apparently I had Origin on my computer(i only had it to install the asymmetry update), and had to uninstall it. It still kept the update, though, so that's nice. I think it was conflicting with Steam, and so it gave me that error message. Other than that, I think everything seems to be working now.
...odd. For future reference...the Origin client itself, or the Origin version of Spore?

argos
Cell
Cell

Unread post by argos »

rob55rod wrote:
argos wrote:

...odd. For future reference...the Origin client itself, or the Origin version of Spore?
I think it was the Origin version of Spore.
Also, I found the actual source of it. I'm thinking it also had something to do with the mods being installed in a certain order.
Apparently installing the color picker before installing the other mods first will cause it to display the message as well.
TheLizardMan
Creature
Creature

Unread post by TheLizardMan »

hi, could someone make a step-by-step tutorial on how to use this api, from start to end?
When the fish are plenty, our tribes don't enter war. However, when the fish are scarce, all out war ensues. Luckily for us, my tribe knows how to farm fish. :)
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

argos wrote:I have a problem regarding the launcher itself. Every time I open it, even if I run it as Administrator, it says "Could not execute Spore Galactic Adventures. Only a part of ReadProcessMemory and WriteProcessMemory was completed," and none of the mods I've installed are showing in-game. I'm running GA on Steam, so could that possibly contribute to it?
Same here, excluding the fact that this doesn't always happen. I only have BetterCells and UCP installed.
I have the ModAPI installed in Spore's root folder (D:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Spore\), could that contribute towards it?
I don't have Origin installed, so it can't be a conflict between the Origin version of Spore and the Steam version of Spore.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

VanillaCold wrote:I have the ModAPI installed in Spore's root folder (D:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Spore\), could that contribute towards it?
It certainly could. Keep the ModAPI Launcher away from the game files.

solo4345
Cell
Cell

Unread post by solo4345 »

Malwarebytes is calling this a virus(Updater), lol.
Norwegian Citizen.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

solo4345 wrote:Malwarebytes is calling this a virus(Updater), lol.
False positives, reeeeee

vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

The update seems to have fixed my issue. Thanks!
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Ivor.Amlug
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Ivor.Amlug »

My problem is that it tells me to start the game whit sporemodapi even if i do.
Fixed it by deinstall all mods install them one by one whit the easyinstaller.
Last edited by Ivor.Amlug on Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Ivor.Amlug wrote:My problem is that it tells me to start the game whit sporemodapi even if i do.
Just released an update which has apparently resolved this issue for some users. Try it now.

Ivor.Amlug
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Ivor.Amlug »

rob55rod wrote:
Ivor.Amlug wrote:My problem is that it tells me to start the game whit sporemodapi even if i do.
Just released an update which has apparently resolved this issue for some users. Try it now.
I fixed it. it was because i was to lazy to install all mods again with the easy installer and just copied them from my CD Spore files to the Origins Spore data.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Ivor.Amlug wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
I fixed it. it was because i was to lazy to install all mods again with the easy installer and just copied them from my CD Spore files to the Origins Spore data.
That's...not a solution. That doesn't even address the same problem. Besides, you'll still need the ModAPI Launcher in a working state in order to use some mods, including the most recent public build of Dark Injection.

Kurisu9O
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Kurisu9O »

Hi guys. I have problem with Mod API. When I launch it, appears a message with that: "currentSporebinPath: (my path to SporebinEP1). ExecutablePath: (my path to SporeApp.exe in the SporebinEP1 folder)". After i click "OK" opens alert with that: "Could not execute Spore GA. Process thread could not be resumed.". And just after that alert the game opens, but after 5 seconds of waiting it gives me the alert "Spore GA is not responding." HELP PLS.
Let me insert :di: in yer heart
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Kurisu9O wrote:Hi guys. I have problem with Mod API. When I launch it, appears a message with that: "currentSporebinPath: (my path to SporebinEP1). ExecutablePath: (my path to SporeApp.exe in the SporebinEP1 folder)". After i click "OK" opens alert with that: "Could not execute Spore GA. Process thread could not be resumed.". And just after that alert the game opens, but after 5 seconds of waiting it gives me the alert "Spore GA is not responding." HELP PLS.
Does this issue occur consistently, or was it a one-off?

Kurisu9O
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Kurisu9O »

rob55rod wrote:
Kurisu9O wrote:Hi guys. I have problem with Mod API. When I launch it, appears a message with that: "currentSporebinPath: (my path to SporebinEP1). ExecutablePath: (my path to SporeApp.exe in the SporebinEP1 folder)". After i click "OK" opens alert with that: "Could not execute Spore GA. Process thread could not be resumed.". And just after that alert the game opens, but after 5 seconds of waiting it gives me the alert "Spore GA is not responding." HELP PLS.
It`s appearing every time i try to launch Spore with the Mod API.
Let me insert :di: in yer heart
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Kurisu9O wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
It`s appearing every time i try to launch Spore with the Mod API.
...oh...well then. Hmm...

What version of Windows are you using?
Do you have any kind of antivirus software?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tools & Patches”