Spore ModAPI

Download tools like Sporemaster and get the latest patches.
Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:12 pm

argos wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
argos wrote:I have a problem regarding the launcher itself. Every time I open it, even if I run it as Administrator, it says "Could not execute Spore Galactic Adventures. Only a part of ReadProcessMemory and WriteProcessMemory was completed," and none of the mods I've installed are showing in-game. I'm running GA on Steam, so could that possibly contribute to it?

It's nothing to do with Steam. What mods are you trying to use?

The Enhanced Color Picker, UPR, and Infinite Scaling at the moment.

That...

Okay. If you have any kind of antivirus, try adding an exception for the ModAPI Launcher. Let me know how that works out, and we'll see what else can be done, if needed.

Recruit

Recruit

argos

Unread postby argos » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:57 pm

rob55rod wrote:That...

Okay. If you have any kind of antivirus, try adding an exception for the ModAPI Launcher. Let me know how that works out, and we'll see what else can be done, if needed.

(imusingmcafee)It still shows the error message, even if I added the exception. It doesn't show the exe in the quarantined items section either.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:27 pm

argos wrote:(imusingmcafee)It still shows the error message, even if I added the exception. It doesn't show the exe in the quarantined items section either.

...well there goes that hypothesis.

I'd be lying if I said I knew exactly what the problem is, but what I can say for sure is that I've heard some indication that uninstalling and reinstalling the game can, in some cases, resolve it...whatever "it" may be.

However, if you're going to go that route, I'd recommend backing up your creations and save data first. If you need a hand doing so, I'd be happy to meet up with you on SMC and guide you through that mess. It'll have to be tomorrow though, so...if you do need a hand, leave me a DM, and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Recruit

Recruit

argos

Unread postby argos » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:04 pm

rob55rod wrote:...well there goes that hypothesis.

I'd be lying if I said I knew exactly what the problem is, but what I can say for sure is that I've heard some indication that uninstalling and reinstalling the game can, in some cases, resolve it...whatever "it" may be.

However, if you're going to go that route, I'd recommend backing up your creations and save data first. If you need a hand doing so, I'd be happy to meet up with you on SMC and guide you through that mess. It'll have to be tomorrow though, so...if you do need a hand, leave me a DM, and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Okay, I think I fixed it.
It had nothing to do with a re-install actually, but I did it anyway. Apparently I had Origin on my computer(i only had it to install the asymmetry update), and had to uninstall it. It still kept the update, though, so that's nice. I think it was conflicting with Steam, and so it gave me that error message. Other than that, I think everything seems to be working now.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:11 pm

argos wrote:

It had nothing to do with a re-install actually, but I did it anyway. Apparently I had Origin on my computer(i only had it to install the asymmetry update), and had to uninstall it. It still kept the update, though, so that's nice. I think it was conflicting with Steam, and so it gave me that error message. Other than that, I think everything seems to be working now.

...odd. For future reference...the Origin client itself, or the Origin version of Spore?

Recruit

Recruit

argos

Unread postby argos » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:25 pm

rob55rod wrote:
argos wrote:

...odd. For future reference...the Origin client itself, or the Origin version of Spore?

I think it was the Origin version of Spore.
Also, I found the actual source of it. I'm thinking it also had something to do with the mods being installed in a certain order.
Apparently installing the color picker before installing the other mods first will cause it to display the message as well.

Recruit

Recruit

TheLizardMan

Unread postby TheLizardMan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:02 pm

hi, could someone make a step-by-step tutorial on how to use this api, from start to end?

Private

Private

VanillaCold

Unread postby VanillaCold » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:55 am

argos wrote:I have a problem regarding the launcher itself. Every time I open it, even if I run it as Administrator, it says "Could not execute Spore Galactic Adventures. Only a part of ReadProcessMemory and WriteProcessMemory was completed," and none of the mods I've installed are showing in-game. I'm running GA on Steam, so could that possibly contribute to it?

Same here, excluding the fact that this doesn't always happen. I only have BetterCells and UCP installed.
I have the ModAPI installed in Spore's root folder (D:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Spore\), could that contribute towards it?
I don't have Origin installed, so it can't be a conflict between the Origin version of Spore and the Steam version of Spore.
My main account is broken, for some reason.

Current Spore-related projects: Solar Spore & some Adventures.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:25 am

VanillaCold wrote:I have the ModAPI installed in Spore's root folder (D:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Spore\), could that contribute towards it?

It certainly could. Keep the ModAPI Launcher away from the game files.

Return to “Tools & Patches”