Spore ModAPI

Download tools and get the latest patches.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread post by rob55rod »

Raptorians wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Raptorians wrote:The launcher keeps launching Spore with the less-powerful integrated graphics and not the graphics card, even when I set the launcher to use the graphics card. Is there a way to fix this yet?
Go to your Galactic Adventures "Data" folder, copy the "Config" folder to a new folder called "Data" in the folder containing the "Spore ModAPI Launcher" folder. So in the end, these should both exist:
.\Spore ModAPI Launcher
.\Data\Config
Didn't work for me. The graphics are still flat and there's a bit of lag. So essentially, what I'm trying to do is have the launcher run Spore with the NVIDIA card instead of the Intel graphics, but it keeps starting it with Intel...
Hmm...tried setting the default card? (I apologize, I think I may have previously mistaken this for a misinterpretation of the problem .-. )

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Raptorians
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Raptorians »

rob55rod wrote:
Raptorians wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Go to your Galactic Adventures "Data" folder, copy the "Config" folder to a new folder called "Data" in the folder containing the "Spore ModAPI Launcher" folder. So in the end, these should both exist:
.\Spore ModAPI Launcher
.\Data\Config
Didn't work for me. The graphics are still flat and there's a bit of lag. So essentially, what I'm trying to do is have the launcher run Spore with the NVIDIA card instead of the Intel graphics, but it keeps starting it with Intel...
Hmm...tried setting the default card? (I apologize, I think I may have previously mistaken this for a misinterpretation of the problem .-. )
Huh, weird, I thought I set it earlier, but when I right-clicked, it said that the integrated graphics were still default. However, running it with the graphics card did work! I'll see if I can try and get it to stay. Thank you!

EDIT: The exe launched through the launcher is actually a different, patched exe, which explains why it had different settings than the SporeApp.exe. I no longer have to right click every time! Although I can't run the launcher through Steam (as in it won't say I'm playing anything/can't use the in-game overlay), so perhaps a suggestion to look into making it compatible in the future?
Last edited by Raptorians on Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acidic Reign
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Acidic Reign »

I'm having an issue with the installer as of right now. I placed the installer in a random new folder i created, and it says "Spore ModAPI Easy Installer has stopped working" EVERY TIME i open it, even as administrator. Is there a fix?
I'd also like to add that I am able to launch it through WinRAR, but it says I need to run it as administrator and i don't know how to do it through WinRAR. So I'm stuck.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Raptorians wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Raptorians wrote: Didn't work for me. The graphics are still flat and there's a bit of lag. So essentially, what I'm trying to do is have the launcher run Spore with the NVIDIA card instead of the Intel graphics, but it keeps starting it with Intel...
Huh, weird, I thought I set it earlier, but when I right-clicked, it said that the integrated graphics were still default. However, running it with the graphics card did work! I'll see if I can try and get it to stay. Thank you!
Great to hear :V
Acidic Reign wrote:I'm having an issue with the installer as of right now. I placed the installer in a random new folder i created, and it says "Spore ModAPI Easy Installer has stopped working" EVERY TIME i open it, even as administrator. Is there a fix?
I'd also like to add that I am able to launch it through WinRAR, but it says I need to run it as administrator and i don't know how to do it through WinRAR. So I'm stuck.
What OS do you use? And did you extract all of the files in the ModAPI ZIP to that folder, or just the Easy Installer?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Acidic Reign
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Acidic Reign »

I use Windows 7 Home Premium.
And no, I haven't extracted them yet, but I'll try now.
EDIT: It seems to be working now. Thank you!!
SpoffitMaster
Cell
Cell

Unread post by SpoffitMaster »

Would it be possible for you to release the work space of an example mod to show how to use the SDK.
Thanks in advance.
The Spoffits once oppressed and treated like animals shall rise to conquer the Galaxy.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

The school year has started again for me so now I have a lot less time to work in these things. There's an update for the ModAPI SDK under development and I'd like to release it in the next few weeks, but I might be busy so I can't say for sure. That update will come with an online documentation that will hopefully help to clarify what each thing does.

I'd also like to make tutorials and, as you have suggested, some examples, but again I don't know when that will be done (if it is ever to be done, that is).
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
SpoffitMaster
Cell
Cell

Unread post by SpoffitMaster »

That is fine I can understand you being under time contrasts, so I am willing to wait until you have time.
The Spoffits once oppressed and treated like animals shall rise to conquer the Galaxy.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

After a long time of development, the new version of the Spore ModAPI Development Kit, which allows you to create mods for Spore using C++, is finally out!

As of this day, no other person has used the ModAPI SDK for creating mods, and the reason is clear: it was way to complicated and there was no way to know what you had to do. This update adds many features and most of the old code has been rewritten, making it a lot easier to use and understandable.

And in order to make everything simpler, an online documentation has been created, which includes tutorials and small examples (those can be found in the “Related Pages” section):

http://davoonline.com/sporemodder/emd46 ... index.html

These are some of the features that this development kit includes:
  • Models: It is possible to display and transform models in the game.
  • Effects: This update allows you to use effects in the game.
  • User interface: The ModAPI includes lots of classes and functionalities that allow you to create user interfaces from the code and interact with them.
  • Game modes/cameras: A key feature of the ModAPI is the ability to create new game modes (and their cameras) which can be controlled with the mouse and keyboard.
  • Properties and resources: Working with .prop files (using them to read/save information) is supported by the ModAPI, as well as interacting with .package files and everything they contain.
  • Cheats: The cheat console is supported in the ModAPI, allowing you to create new cheats and print text to the console.
  • Detouring: Detouring is an important feature in the ModAPI which is used to “redirect” (i.e. change the code) of Spore methods. Most methods that are documented in the ModAPI can be detoured.

Now, is this the last update? Yes and no. It is the alst big update, but I plan to release small updates which add support for specific features in the game (for example, one would be for editors, another one for the creature stage, etc). But for now, you can start playing with the ModAPI!

The download link is in the main thread. You can also download it here https://sporemodder.wordpress.com/spore-modapi/
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

Fantastic Work EMD! I will definitely play around with this when I get the chance!
A quick question for you, does this give enough access to Spore's code that a mod to allow you to get custom category parts in the creature stage is now theoretically possible?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Snaid1 wrote:A quick question for you, does this give enough access to Spore's code that a mod to allow you to get custom category parts in the creature stage is now theoretically possible?
That never required the ModAPI, just some research into how previous mods pulled it off.

eme12
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by eme12 »

hey can you friend me on discord i need help im a stupid child who doesnt know what to do
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

rob55rod wrote:
Snaid1 wrote:A quick question for you, does this give enough access to Spore's code that a mod to allow you to get custom category parts in the creature stage is now theoretically possible?
That never required the ModAPI, just some research into how previous mods pulled it off.
O.o I didn't know any other mods did this! not to get too off topic but do you happen to recall the names of any of them?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Snaid1 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
O.o I didn't know any other mods did this! not to get too off topic but do you happen to recall the names of any of them?
I believe BetterSpore managed it back in its day...

PAS
Cell
Cell

Unread post by PAS »

I have both Origin's and Steam's Spore, but the it only launches the Steam one, how do I make it launch the Origin one?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Heroprime2000 wrote:I have both Origin's and Steam's Spore, but the it only launches the Steam one, how do I make it launch the Origin one?
Easy: Just don't install multiple versions of the game like that. You shouldn't do so regardless.

Langooseondaloose!
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Langooseondaloose! »

I'm still stuck on my problem where if I try running it by pressing "Steam/Origin" it gives me error messages and vanishes when I try to play with my Modapi mods.
Also a small question,

How come spore reconstructions steps is not supported by Modapi?
argos
Cell
Cell

Unread post by argos »

I have a problem regarding the launcher itself. Every time I open it, even if I run it as Administrator, it says "Could not execute Spore Galactic Adventures. Only a part of ReadProcessMemory and WriteProcessMemory was completed," and none of the mods I've installed are showing in-game. I'm running GA on Steam, so could that possibly contribute to it?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

argos wrote:I have a problem regarding the launcher itself. Every time I open it, even if I run it as Administrator, it says "Could not execute Spore Galactic Adventures. Only a part of ReadProcessMemory and WriteProcessMemory was completed," and none of the mods I've installed are showing in-game. I'm running GA on Steam, so could that possibly contribute to it?
It's nothing to do with Steam. What mods are you trying to use?

argos
Cell
Cell

Unread post by argos »

rob55rod wrote:
argos wrote:I have a problem regarding the launcher itself. Every time I open it, even if I run it as Administrator, it says "Could not execute Spore Galactic Adventures. Only a part of ReadProcessMemory and WriteProcessMemory was completed," and none of the mods I've installed are showing in-game. I'm running GA on Steam, so could that possibly contribute to it?
It's nothing to do with Steam. What mods are you trying to use?
The Enhanced Color Picker, UPR, and Infinite Scaling at the moment.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tools & Patches”