Spore SNR Importer (adventure music mod tool)

Download tools and get the latest patches.
Disgustedorite
Creature
Creature

Spore SNR Importer (adventure music mod tool)

Unread post by Disgustedorite »

DOWNLOAD: https://file.garden/YofOl4CqGHPlp7p8/sp ... porter.exe

Basically how this works is, you drop it in any folder containing any number of .snr files and a single 128 x 128 image called SongName.png, and when you run it, it creates all the files and folders required to compile them into a SPORE music mod. I'm using it to save a lot of time making my adventure music pack; it generated all the files needed for nearly 200 songs in only four seconds! it was glorious (time may vary if you have a slow computer)

The display name in the Sporepedia will be the same as the file name by default, but that can be changed individually by editing the .prop.xml files.

Files are generated with SporeModder in mind; I haven't tried it with other modding tools yet.

If you find any bugs, please report them here! I'll relay them to my friend, Akrivus, who made this tool.

[strike]I still can't believe my friend made this for me in exchange for art[/strike]

Edit: Replaced download link with one hosted on file.garden
Last edited by Disgustedorite on Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Are you an artist? Do you like Spore, especially its evolutionary mechanics? Join Sagan 4: https://sagan4.org/
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Spore SNR Importer (adventure music mod tool)

Unread post by rob55rod »

Well that's...an interesting turn of events. Certain to be of use though!

Question...was this built off of EALayer3, or did this friend of yours do his own research into the audio formats?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Disgustedorite
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Disgustedorite »

rob55rod wrote:Well that's...an interesting turn of events. Certain to be of use though!

Question...was this built off of EALayer3, or did this friend of yours do his own research into the audio formats?
He did no research, as there was no need. This doesn't convert MP3s, it just generates files based on the presence of existing SNR files. I think the name is a little misleading; he doesn't actually play spore or make mods for it.

I'll probably see about trying to make a single-click batch file that runs all MP3s in a folder through ealayer3 and then runs the snr importer, provided all files are in the same folder. If I can get something like that working, I'll provide it in my upcoming tutorial on how to make an adventure music mod.
Are you an artist? Do you like Spore, especially its evolutionary mechanics? Join Sagan 4: https://sagan4.org/
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Disgustedorite wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Well that's...an interesting turn of events. Certain to be of use though!

He did no research, as there was no need. This doesn't convert MP3s, it just generates files based on the presence of existing SNR files.
[strike]Welp, now we know who read the OP and who half-read it while multitasking on DI and helping someone fix their Spore install on a Discord Server or whatever it was I was doing at that point, lol[/strike]
Disgustedorite wrote:I think the name is a little misleading; he doesn't actually play spore or make mods for it.
...oh...WELP, NEVER TOO LATE TO START!! :lol:
(Half-joking btw)
Disgustedorite wrote:I'll probably see about trying to make a single-click batch file that runs all MP3s in a folder through ealayer3 and then runs the snr importer, provided all files are in the same folder. If I can get something like that working, I'll provide it in my upcoming tutorial on how to make an adventure music mod.
Oooooh...

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

This may actually help extract Darkspore's OSTs and sound effects!

1. Use SSNRI on Darkspore audio files.

2. Pack and unpack a mod of those files.

3. Use EALayer to extract from the mod that was made of the audio files.

4. WIN
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

fungus3 wrote:This may actually help extract Darkspore's OSTs and sound effects!

1. Use SSNRI on Darkspore audio files.

2. Pack and unpack a mod of those files.

3. Use EALayer to extract from the mod that was made of the audio files.

4. WIN
What do steps 1 and 2 accomplish, and how will step 3 magically just...work now? ([strike]also for DI, I want the original SNR/SNS files, so no conversion is needed except to identify them...but Spore can play them, so that's not entirely necessary...[/strike])

fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

EPIC FAIL UP TO ELEVEN; the extraction failed completely. Either Darkspore's audio files are in a different-STILL format, or they're hardcoded to never be extractable.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

fungus3 wrote:EPIC FAIL UP TO ELEVEN; the extraction failed completely.
k
fungus3 wrote:Either Darkspore's audio files are in a different-STILL format
Which has been known to be the case for a while now

fungus3 wrote:or they're hardcoded to never be extractable.
what

fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

ffmpeg CANNOT extract the Darkspore audio files!

"Invalid data found when processing input"
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

fungus3 wrote:ffmpeg CANNOT extract the Darkspore audio files!

"Invalid data found when processing input"

fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

Oh I say!
Attachments
FFMPEGFAIL000001.png
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

fungus3 wrote:Oh I say!

My entire point was the issues FFMpeg and EALayer3 have with Darkspore audio files are a known obstacle. The problem you've raised is nothing new, nor are the failed solutions you've proposed.

TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by TheUltraCube6723 »

According to Rob55Rod, this mod can convert .mp3 files into .SNR files AND create all of the files needed to compile a Music Mod, correct? I followed the instructions, and it didn't quite work, I need some help.
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:According to Rob55Rod, this mod can convert .mp3 files into .SNR files AND create all of the files needed to compile a Music Mod, correct? I followed the instructions, and it didn't quite work, I need some help.
It doesn't handle the conversion from mp3 to SNR, but it does do basically everything after that.

TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:According to Rob55Rod, this mod can convert .mp3 files into .SNR files AND create all of the files needed to compile a Music Mod, correct? I followed the instructions, and it didn't quite work, I need some help.
It doesn't handle the conversion from mp3 to SNR, but it does do basically everything after that.
Then what am I supposed to do to convert MP3 to SNR? Use the tutorial in this thread?

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Then what am I supposed to do to convert MP3 to SNR? Use the tutorial in this thread?
Use the tutorial on Sporepedia2.

TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: It doesn't handle the conversion from mp3 to SNR, but it does do basically everything after that.
I tried, but it's in portuguese/spanish, is there a good translation of it?

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
TheUltraCube6723 wrote: Then what am I supposed to do to convert MP3 to SNR? Use the tutorial in this thread?
I tried, but it's in portuguese/spanish, is there a good translation of it?
Spanish. And no, only automated ones, such as the one provided by Google Translate.

Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

the auto translation in Google Chrome seems to be pretty accurate from skimming through it. if not I could try translating it manually for you but I can't guarantee my translation will be any better.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Snaid1 wrote:the auto translation in Google Chrome seems to be pretty accurate from skimming through it. if not I could try translating it manually for you but I can't guarantee my translation will be any better.
Appreciated, but there's really no point at this point in time - I'm working on something that will eliminate the need for that tutorial... >:3

EDIT: Added link to the aforementioned something

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tools & Patches”