Gafla99 wrote:Hello! I'm a new user of this forum and I need help with the API launcher.
So, I wanted to reinstall Spore. I have all the DLC's and I wanted to download darkinjection and some other mods. Unfortunately I wasn't prepared for the new launcher, and I was abitued with the old one. Still, I follow the instructions and I let the API installer put the program in the folder "C:\ProgramData\SPORE ModAPI Launcher Kit". So, when I started spore, it gave me various errors (if I can i will post a screen later). I realized that the folder C:\ProgramData doesn't exist. Or at least I installed it in the Spore folder, which is inexistent. So, I...uninstalled and reinstalled Spore. I thought that would resolve the problem but no, when I boot up the game it says that the Spore ModApi Launcher wasn't detected.Then my genious brain thought "Hey, let's try to install the apilauncher in SPORE folder" and since I'm stupid I installed it there, because maybe "C:\ProgramData\SPORE" was, in reality,"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\SPORE". Still, SPORE gives me another error, and it says that it can't detect the game version. If I try to boot up I still have the in-game error of not finding the launcher
I lost hope and I think that I should reset the PC. What should I do? I know, I know, it's a messed up situation but I thought that installing it was easy like the old one. Should I uninstall the Spore ModApi?
Please help. I'm desperate.
1. ProgramData does exist, but it's hidden by default.
2. Don't go resetting your entire PC, that's overkill and then some.
3. Where did you install Spore from? A disk, I take it?
4. Installation is far easier than ever before. Nothing is perfect, and things can and will go wrong either way, it seems...but as much as this may seem hard to believe, the frequency with which they do so has decreased substantially since the ModAPI Launcher Kit hit the scene.
5. All it would've taken was screenshots of the error messages and with a bit of luck, I may well have been able to assist you quite easily. Unfortunately, it seems it's too late for that approach, so we'll need to be...careful, while we untangle all of this. I need to know...have you been using any other mods or prior versions of Dark Injection before now?
Lord Doggo wrote:(I'm Completely new to Davo and mainly use Discord)
Hey, just wanna get some help with the Spore Mod API because some mods do work (Since they don't need the API) unfortunately for some ; Dark Injection and etc. ; do not work. Mainly I'll ask about Dark Injection. It asks for me to open Dark Injection through the Spore mod API Launcher and did so. Upon clicking, it will open an error telling me that msvcp140-dll is missing and so as vcruntime140.dll popping up the error twice then opening an error with the code. Then normally opening Galactic Adventures.
Do I just fix it by re installation (Of the dll files), because we did and its still missing? Or do I need to do something else.
Other Info :
Windows 7, x64 bit
No need, just install this
. If you run into any further trouble, I'd be more than happy to help out on Discord if you'd prefer.