Spore ModAPI

Download tools like Sporemaster and get the latest patches.
Recruit

Recruit

Kurisu9O

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby Kurisu9O » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:37 am

rob55rod wrote:
Kurisu9O wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Does this issue occur consistently, or was it a one-off?

It`s appearing every time i try to launch Spore with the Mod API.

...oh...well then. Hmm...

What version of Windows are you using?
Do you have any kind of antivirus software?

I'm using Windows 10 and Malwarebytes antivirus.
Let me insert :di: in yer heart

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:11 pm

Kurisu9O wrote:I'm using Windows 10 and Malwarebytes antivirus.

Try adding an exclusion to Malwarebytes, for the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit folder.

Recruit

Recruit

Kurisu9O

Unread postby Kurisu9O » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:25 pm

rob55rod wrote:

Try adding an exclusion to Malwarebytes, for the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit folder.

I tried, but nothing changed at all. Maybe i should reinstall Mod API.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:49 pm

Kurisu9O wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

Okay...

Alright, what I'm going to suggest next is probably going to sound really stupid, but...
Restart your computer.

I promise I'm not joking...and admittedly I never would've thought to suggest this had it not unexpectedly worked for someone a while back, if that's any reassurance.

Recruit

Recruit

Kurisu9O

Unread postby Kurisu9O » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:32 pm

rob55rod wrote:
Kurisu9O wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Try adding an exclusion to Malwarebytes, for the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit folder.

Okay...

Alright, what I'm going to suggest next is probably going to sound really stupid, but...
Restart your computer.

I promise I'm not joking...and admittedly I never would've thought to suggest this had it not unexpectedly worked for someone a while back, if that's any reassurance.

Ok...

I restarted my PC. Now i have message like that: "Could not execute Spore GA. Process thread could not be resumed.". But thanks god without the path to my SporebinEP1 that i told you earlier. So, maybe i had 2 problems and 1 of them was solved. That's progress (maybe).

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:39 pm

Kurisu9O wrote:Ok...

I restarted my PC. Now i have message like that: "Could not execute Spore GA. Process thread could not be resumed.". But thanks god without the path to my SporebinEP1 that i told you earlier. So, maybe i had 2 problems and 1 of them was solved. That's progress (maybe).

Hmm...alright, where did you install Spore from, and when?

Recruit

Recruit

Kurisu9O

Unread postby Kurisu9O » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:45 pm

rob55rod wrote:

Uh. Ok that's version from Torrent (pls don't beat me) patched by v1.05.1 with C&C and GA. I installed it year ago, but the mods were working great on it. Yeah, I'm a pirate.

But i tried others with the Mod API and no one of them worked.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:53 pm

Kurisu9O wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

Uh. Ok that's version from Torrent (pls don't beat me) patched by v1.05.1 with C&C and GA. I installed it year ago, but the mods were working great on it. Yeah, I'm a pirate.

But i tried others with the Mod API and no one of them worked.

Well then...

...we'll talk further once you own a legal copy of the game.

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

TF9001

Unread postby TF9001 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:23 pm

Every time I open Spore through the launcher, it launches, but says something along the lines of not being able to find Spore. However, before I can do anything else, Spore launches anyways, but once it finishes loading, it says "Please close Spore and reopen it through the Spore ModAPI Launcher." Which I did. Help?

Edit: Just tried it again. This time, after Spore opened and forced me to close it, I selected my version, and then there were two error messages. The first said that I need Spore GA (which I have) and Spore patch 5.1. The second said that Spore couldn't be executed and that only a part of a read/write process was finished. I'm not sure if I have patch 5.1 (I have the Steam version), so I'm going to try to install it and see if that fixes it.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:36 pm

TF9001 wrote:Every time I open Spore through the launcher, it launches, but says something along the lines of not being able to find Spore. However, before I can do anything else, Spore launches anyways, but once it finishes loading, it says "Please close Spore and reopen it through the Spore ModAPI Launcher." Which I did. Help?

Press ALT+ENTER to switch to Windowed mode if you're not already playing in Windowed mode, then address that message from the ModAPI Launcher. After that, close the game and run the ModAPI Launcher again. Let me know if that helps.

TF9001

Unread postby TF9001 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:41 pm

rob55rod wrote:
TF9001 wrote:Every time I open Spore through the launcher, it launches, but says something along the lines of not being able to find Spore. However, before I can do anything else, Spore launches anyways, but once it finishes loading, it says "Please close Spore and reopen it through the Spore ModAPI Launcher." Which I did. Help?

Press ALT+ENTER to switch to Windowed mode if you're not already playing in Windowed mode, then address that message from the ModAPI Launcher. After that, close the game and run the ModAPI Launcher again. Let me know if that helps.

I tried running it again to do that, but then it worked. It might have been because I accidentally launched it straight from Steam before closing it and launching the ModAPI launcher, but I don't know. Thanks, though.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:16 pm

TF9001 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

I tried running it again to do that, but then it worked. It might have been because I accidentally launched it straight from Steam before closing it and launching the ModAPI launcher, but I don't know. Thanks, though.

...oookay then. I...probably shouldn't be surprised by that tbh, given recent events.

In any case, my suggestion remains in case the issue returns in the future. Sorry for the trouble ._.

Return to “Tools & Patches”