Simply Spice - 50 New Spices & Growing!

Space stage related mods.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Simply Spice - 50 New Spices & Growing!

Unread post by Davo »

This mod adds 50 new spices to Spore!

Special thanks to AlastorGrey for adding 'spice' to this spice mod!
AlastorGrey wrote:Simply Spice with Descriptions Release 1.0
Features:
- Original, lore-friendly spice descriptions for ALL spices, except default ones, I didn't touch those. (Found a typo? Post it here, or send me a PM)
- Added three new spices to a Davo's impressive list: Gamma Spice, Blood Spice and Cocoa Spice. They are pretty rare, but can be found anywhere.
- Fully savegame compatible if you used the previous version, or, if you played with default spices, they will not change, instead, any new systems visited may have new spices.
- Fixed a common bug with the ability to sell spice.
- Fixed missing ground model for new spice boxes. They look all the same though, I have no skills to recolor spice boxes.
- Unique prices for each spice, without breaking the balance. I wanted to make Fecal Spice the cheapest one, but then changed my mind, thinking about what a great fertilizer it can be.
WARNING, SPOILER AHEAD!
Spoiler
Now, the most expensive is Gamma Spice (rivaled only by Black Spice), while the cheapest one is Aged Red Spice.
Here are the types...

These Spices are as rare as Red Spice
Bathroom Tile Spice
Fecal Spice
Olive Spice
Orange Peel Spice
Timber Spice
Propelyne Spice
GMO Paprika-Cinnamon Hybrid
Toy Spice Spice

These Spices are as rare as Yellow Spice
Cornflower Blue Spice
Recycled Khaki Spice
Navy Spice
Tropical Spice
Wizard Smoke Spice
Sailfish Spice
Dried Parsley
Ginger's Sunburnt Peelings

These Spices are as rare as Blue Spice
Eggplant Spice
Lavender Spice
Skin Red Spice
Sand Spice
Earth Mint Spice
Curry
Aged Red Spice

These Spices are as rare as Green Spice
Arctic Mist Spice
Forest Spice
Lemon Spice
Aged Yellow Spice
Magestic Red Spice
Hippie Van Spice

These Spices are as rare as Pink Spice
Galaxy Spice
Goldenrod Spice
Lost Souls of Young Girls
Aged Blue Spice
Almost Purple Spice
"Legalize It" Spice

These Spices are as rare as Purple Spice
Dark Spice
All Spark Spice
Spode Blood Spice
Old Spice
Older Spice
Man Powder

& Hidden Rare Spices

Download:
http://www.davoonline.com/sporemods/201 ... ce.package

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Simply Spice - 23 New Spices & Growing!

Unread post by Davo »

I will be releasing more spices later today!
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

I'd like to get my hands on some on some of that fecal spice :D
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
p.d
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by p.d »

Lost Souls of Young Girls

This made me laugh.
AlastorGrey
Cell
Cell

Re: Simply Spice - 50 New Spices & Growing!

Unread post by AlastorGrey »

Installed, played all the way to the Space stage, and encountered weird bug - new spices have no inventory icon, and cannot be neither bought or sold. Hope it can be fixed, I've got a planet with Warhead spice. =)
Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry
Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

what was the spice called? i had no problem with selling or buying, and they had the same icon as any other spice, they just all show as a dark red.
AlastorGrey
Cell
Cell

Timber Spice, Warhead Spice - any non-default spice, actually. Also, checked for conflicts with other mods, even removed DarkInjection - still persists.
Screenshots (they were cut in half when I tried to post them with "img" tag, so these are simple links):
Spoiler
EDIT: Quick look into SporeMaster revealed, that it is an issue propably related to the "parent" - it just doesn't take the values from parent, and I don't know why. I took some values from HACKER80's mod "18 New Spices", more specific - "inventoryItemArtifactModel" as well as "spaceTradingBaseCost", but this only helped one bit - now, when I drop the spice it has normal spice box model (before it was invisible, and couldn't be picked back up), but still cannot be sold.
EDIT2: The reason why I couldn't sell or buy the spice was missing tag in xml, namely "<key name="spaceTradingType" instanceid="spice" />" - which should be at the end of every xml file, related to spice. I have yet to figure why all new spices have a price of 0 sporebucks...
EDIT3: Okay, I figured everything out, found cute Spice adding tutorial, I plan on adding original descriptions for each spice and release the altered mod in the evening (I have to go to the gym right now).
EDIT4:I clearly underestimated the amount of work to be done, so I'm going to bed and releasing this beta, 60% done. Features:
- Varied prices, balance preserved. (I was frustrated when I saw four spices all selling for 261$, so I had to fix this)
- Original descriptions for spices. I tried to write them as best as I could, sometimes I even re-writed them from scratch, if I didn't like the result.
- Fix for my bug with spices not appearing as they should.
As I already said, it's only 60% done, I will finish tomorrow. Should be completely save-game compatible.
Attachments
2013DavoSimplySpiceDescBeta.package
(167.95 KiB) Downloaded 618 times
DoctorLayton
Cell
Cell

Help

Unread post by DoctorLayton »

I have the same kind of problem, I downloaded the mod and I found a planet with the new spices however I wasnt able to collect them or anything nor was I able to buy them from other empires, I dont know if I have any conflicting mods however heres a list of other active mods.

The Patch that enables the robot parts

BetterSpore mod

and Colony+ (Enables you to put as many colonies as you want on a planet)
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

hmm, im not sure. i installed patch 1.5.1 for GA. but i can rerelease your final mod when you finish in place of this and crediting you if you like.

the mod originally, like you said, parents from red spice for most of the common spices you see.
so it is a bit bland.

but for me, they work like any other spice. the parent file works properly, and i can show a video if you like...
DoctorLayton
Cell
Cell

Well what ever will get my game to work haha, I am bored out of my mind and if I cant get this to work then I have to go back to collect hats in team fortress 2 D:
AlastorGrey
Cell
Cell

Simply Spice with Descriptions Release 1.0
Features:
- Original, lore-friendly spice descriptions for ALL spices, except default ones, I didn't touch those. (Found a typo? Post it here, or send me a PM)
- Added three new spices to a Davo's impressive list: Gamma Spice, Blood Spice and Cocoa Spice. They are pretty rare, but can be found anywhere.
- Fully savegame compatible if you used the previous version, or, if you played with default spices, they will not change, instead, any new systems visited may have new spices.
- Fixed a common bug with the ability to sell spice.
- Fixed missing ground model for new spice boxes. They look all the same though, I have no skills to recolor spice boxes.
- Unique prices for each spice, without breaking the balance. I wanted to make Fecal Spice the cheapest one, but then changed my mind, thinking about what a great fertilizer it can be.
WARNING, SPOILER AHEAD!
Spoiler
Now, the most expensive is Gamma Spice (rivaled only by Black Spice), while the cheapest one is Aged Red Spice.
---------------------------------------
to Davo: I have no idea why "parent" spices from original mod don't work with some Spore installations. Maybe you have another mod or something, what fixes the problem?
About sharing this mod - it was your work I improved a tiny bit, if you like what I did - re-post it at the top of the page, I'll be glad just to be credited for descriptions. :D
Last edited by AlastorGrey on Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlastorGrey
Cell
Cell

I will doublepost (I know, it's bad), but with good reason. While playing, I discovered, that due to the fact, that each spice has two records, there are TWO spices added, with absolutely the same properties, but different price at planets. This fact is ruining the gameplay, because mod adds twice the amount of spices, and it's nearly impossible to get a fair price for any spice. The solution is right here - Version 1.1 - though not save-game compatible. In order to use this, you have to start a new game.
I'll see what more I can do, and post patch 1.2 later...
EDIT: It was faster than I thought - done. Version 1.2 requires a fresh start, but it's worth it.
DoctorLayton
Cell
Cell

Wheres the file lol
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

download the one at the top or the version he posted, they are the same file.
DoctorLayton
Cell
Cell

Okay thanks
DoctorLayton
Cell
Cell

Hope its not too much trouble but can we have colors of the findable spices or does that kind of ruin the mods purpose, because Iam having trouble distinguishing the different colors of the spice because some of there colors look almost the same :/
GusTheTruBus
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by GusTheTruBus »

Gah, I can't get it to work!
I downloaded the file at the top and made it a ".package" type file, but I'm not getting any of the promises spices! Instead, I'm just getting the Platinum Spore spices (orange, black, and white), which is also downloaded. I have Spore GA - is this the issue?
GusTheTruBus
Hatchling
Hatchling

Actually, what? access denied? Why can't I DL the mod "download/file.php?id=665"
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

works fine for me, but anyways, the link on the first post is the same as the one you are trying to download.
GusTheTruBus
Hatchling
Hatchling

You mean "http://adf.ly/RzIEk?" It keeps giving me a "download failed" error
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “» Stage - Space”