Simply Spice - 50 New Spices & Growing!

Space stage related mods.
Zanthoria
Creature
Creature

Re: Simply Spice - 50 New Spices & Growing!

Unread post by Zanthoria »

I looked at the list, a few months later, and noticed mine never made it. Oh well. :|
Akira421
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Akira421 »

But what does each one look like..? how do i know if i found the Gamma Spice without claiming the planet or another race claiming the planet?
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

thats all part of the mystery...

you will know it when you see it...

as far as the guy crying his spice didnt make it in, maybe its a hidden spice not mentioned in the 43 of 50 on the list...
maybe i ran out of alloted time for it...
Zanyth
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Zanyth »

Just recently discovered mods for spore and while the huge variety of new spice colors is awesome, I do have just one issue. The prices for ANY spice are just beyond awful. No matter what color, every spice sells for only the bare minimum (usually less than 1,000 except for the extremely rare ones) no matter where I go. In order to make any kind of significant profit, I have to spend around an hour wandering between planets and hoping I get lucky. And even then, the best I can hope for is only around 10,000 at the MOST.

I'd just like to ask if there's any way for me to fix this,and in case it matters, I play using a physical copy of Spore and Galactic Adventures and I assume they're both currently on the latest versions, although I'm not too sure how to double-check that.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

the only fix would be to mod it personally.
AlastorGrey
Cell
Cell

Unread post by AlastorGrey »

It's game mechanics issue - let me explain.
Each planet buying or selling spices, can get non-default price (which is cheapest one) only on one (on rare occasions two-three) types of spice. Before it was OK, because there were too little number of spices. Now, with over 50 spices, it's just spread so much, you have trouble finding good price.
Let me give you quick example - you got spice in your cargo, and you come to a planet. The planet requirement for spice makes it so it requires one spice out of 50 (or something like that, didn't count the exact number) possible. So your chance to get good (or decent) price is actually 1 out of 50, which is 2%. What you can do, is just carry around 10-20 different spices in your cargo, thus increasing chances for having good price for at least one of them. IMO, it makes trading a little hardcore, but more interesting. And also, since I added unique price for each of spices, you can never know, if what you get is good deal or no, making it all the more interesting.
EDIT: Started playing again - discovered a couple typo errors, and two missing descriptions (No idea, how I could overlook them the first time I added descriptions). Also, due to the increasing difficulty of trading(mentioned above), I don't think adding more spices in the future is good. I would say, that with this mod, we have enough. New version attached.
Attachments
2013DavoSimplySpiceDescReleaseV1.3.package
(122.03 KiB) Downloaded 489 times
Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry
Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal
Xerxes
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Xerxes »

hey i dont know if you are still active or even updating this mod but when i use it it sets all values of base spore spices to a really low price for every planet i go to. for example i have red,yellow,pink & purple spice in my cargo i went to about 25 different planets and each one offered the same exact prices red was about 225 yellow 375 (i think) i dont remember pink and purple was 975!!! when i removed the mod it took a little while but eventually their prices went back to normal. Please help!!!!
florentinenoble
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by florentinenoble »

Xerxes wrote:hey i dont know if you are still active or even updating this mod but when i use it it sets all values of base spore spices to a really low price for every planet i go to. for example i have red,yellow,pink & purple spice in my cargo i went to about 25 different planets and each one offered the same exact prices red was about 225 yellow 375 (i think) i dont remember pink and purple was 975!!! when i removed the mod it took a little while but eventually their prices went back to normal. Please help!!!!

because of the huge number spices there is now because of this mod, the prices are very spread out. the base price of the spices are going to be very low. they only way to fix this is to remove the mod. sorry.
[img]http://www.davoonline.com/
sporemodder/rob55rod/DI_9r/
DI9r_subforum_emblem.png[/img]
GrizzlyCreature
Cell
Cell

Unread post by GrizzlyCreature »

Hehehe . . . Makes more lore for me and Playability for Spore . . .

Downloaded . . .
Image "It doesn't matter if you are plasma based or an amoeba. One thing you do makes everything more fragile. That's why my species is lucky."
FrostieBunny
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by FrostieBunny »

Hey everyone! The solution to the low price problem is pretty simple, just add maybe one or two zeros to the spice you desire to the base price using spore master. Though I may have added a little too many zeros cause the results were. Amusing to say the least
brodycas3
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by brodycas3 »

I just want to say this is by far my favorite mod for spore.
Miss Conception
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Miss Conception »

Loving the different spices and the flavor text. (Pardon the pun.) It's just a shame I can't feed my spice hoarding habit. My spaceship needs more storage space. (Sorry for the second pun.)

I fully intend to build a spice empire on the backs of empires I buy out.
alwish21
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by alwish21 »

Hi,

Could anyone post a list of common herbs and spices used in the fried fish recipe??
grege123
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by grege123 »

Hello,

Can anyone suggest me about organic spices where I can buy it for my restaurant I think organic spices are good for health and does not have any side effects?
miller19
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by miller19 »

Hello Davo...

Thank you for sharing the spices list..., it's really helpful to find the spices during the shopping and also helpful in cooking...
shawn412
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by shawn412 »

Hiiiii

I have about 70 more color types and rare discoveries to add and release in a few hours, I check it out and make me some suggestions if you want. even better, please list your spice name and color, i will add it into the spices and hurbes , also tell me how rare you want it....:)
:
TheCookieChipmunk
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by TheCookieChipmunk »

i found some MAN POWDER on an philosphy of force empire. *INNOCENT ALIENS SCREAMING* :D
Sampistola
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Sampistola »

the reference to old spice
Wormy
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Wormy »

hey man, im having a small issue with the mod, none of the spices are shown in my cargo hold, just an empty spot with their name(warhead spice for example). it shows the spices over solar systems and in the trader just not in the cargo hold. any help would be appreciated :) :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “» Stage - Space”