Creature Overhaul

Creature stage related mods.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Creature Overhaul

Unread post by Davo »

so baby epics picked you up? you know if you press the V key while playing the game you can record and upload to youtube without even leaving the game?!? you need to record that cuz videos of the games bugs make me laugh. once i was beamed in on an ufo grox beam, but the game didnt know what to do i guess and threw me acrosss the map. since then i always record the scripted event in spore just because i know something is about to break.

Raptros
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Raptros »

Hey Davo i have a little question, i loved this mod man, it definitely improves creature stage greatly but i have one little problem, I'm stuck with a better spore mod that increased the number of kills required to extinguish a species to 8 but when i fired up spore with your overhaul mod betterspore mod felt really obsolete do you have any mod that adjusts the number of kill requirements to this mod?
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

you give me the betterspore.package file and ill bump it up to whatever you want.
Raptros
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Raptros »

Here's the file. Hmm i was gonna say bump it to about 20 because you set the mod to spawn 20 creatures per nest i was thinking i don't know if it's possible to make the game deduct a kill over time or for each new unit the hive produces to replace the lost one. So Bumb it to 40
Attachments
BetterSpore_Gameplay.package
(285.17 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
Majin
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Majin »

Found a couple of bugs.

1) Cell + Creature stage == Your creature/cell never gets hungry, hunger is always maxed. Haven't tested any stage past Creature yet.

2) Creature stage == When you have another creature selected and you are able to jump, you will suddenly speed across the map in the direction that the selected creature was in, but rather than land at the creature, you'll just keep going until you slow down.

EDIT: Also, when I unpacked your mod, I got this error when using Spore Master 2 Beta
Spoiler
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

ahh yes, this mod is unpackable.
Majin
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Majin »

Then would it be possible for you to give the source? The no-hunger and jumping glitch is really getting on my nerves.
Raptros
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Raptros »

Hey about my request is there a specific lines i should look for i am trying to do it myself i've been looking in the file can't quite make out what i have to change.
A noob
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by A noob »

Don't tell me mega-necro, I already know. Anyway, I found this bug when playing as a custom grox race I made in the grox editor running the creature overhaul (Running other mods but they only affect space) where the creature overhaul continues running in tribe

LINK IS IN URL BECAUSE BB CODE DIDN'T UPLOAD RIGHT
http://imgur.com/SSCbz,Jv69s,4o6xB,ICjDP,PZ2Oa

Screenshot 1: Creature nest inside of corral (Probably a different bug)

Screenshot 2: Epic creature pack

Screenshot 3: Another epic creature pack

Screenshot 4: Overcapped creature nest

Screenshot 5: Super over-capped tribe

P.S. I was able to recreate this bug, the pics are from the second glitched game
savannahs1
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by savannahs1 »

I'm off to use the holding creatures part to grab my prey,fly to a cliff,and then just nom on it there.
Flypaste
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Flypaste »

Was there ever a version of the more creatures needed to extict that was downloadable? If there is, can someone please PM it to me?

-EDIT-

I can't seem to get it to work.

I have the base game, C&C, GA. However it is on Steam, and I found 0, absolutely ZERO tutorials on mod installation with Steam.

I had gotten several different mods to work by putting it in the Data folder. So I put this one in the Data folder too.

I removed all the others, but It's not working.
Attachments
SporeThing.png
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

my mods require GA, not to say they do not work with the original game, but i use GA to make them so i say it is needed.
Flypaste
Hatchling
Hatchling

I have GA, I made certain to mention it in my post.
The whole spore section of the forum screams 'Galactic Adventures!'
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

you are putting the files in your spore folder. they need to go into the GA folder, the one that says EP1
thats why i was confused...

but steam has issues with mods because the game fails to give you the last patch file. even if it said it did.
Flypaste
Hatchling
Hatchling

Because when I put it in the 'Data EP1' folder, the game doesn't load it. I was having issues before with betterspore, so I plopped a version in all 3 folders (data, dataep1, bp1content), and tried to delete them while the game was running.

it didn't load any mods from bp1content or dataEP1. it only gave me the "These files are open in Spore. Close the program and try again" for the Data folder.

-EDIT-

I fixed it. For some reason, In Steam, Spore gives you start .exes for GA, Spore, and C&C. If you start Spore, it loads C&C automagically. But not GA. So you have to run the GA version of sporeapp to get it to load GA. Along with GA's mods.

-EDIT AGAIN-

I am also having the issue as that other person. zooming at lightspeed towards selected creatures when I try to fly, and my hunger isn't depleting.
limb
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by limb »

I'm gonna go on a limb here and say that rogues are rogues because they do not move in packs, they are
exiled, they are stronger because as a lone animal, it would have to be strong to survive, all the weaker ones die out.

This is a good mod, but it's about time you fail modders start using your brain.
Epics in packs of 5? as if 1 wasn't enough?
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

limb wrote: This is a good mod, but it's about time you fail modders start using your brain.
Says the guy who can't mod
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

limb wrote:I'm gonna go on a limb here and say that rogues are rogues because they do not move in packs, they are
exiled, they are stronger because as a lone animal, it would have to be strong to survive, all the weaker ones die out.

This is a good mod, but it's about time you fail modders start using your brain.
eh... sorry man. epics in packs of 5, yep.
rogues... maybe the pack is a rogue in itself... ever wonder that?
perhaps they are a splinter faction for something even bigger...

its an overhaul, meaning if i could change it, i did...

and please, make one better and show us all how it is done...
you think we're using top dollar software? nope, some guy made it for fun...
very limited...

dont start insulting people or you will soon see you can nolonger speak...
neptis
Creature
Creature

Unread post by neptis »

limb wrote:I'm gonna go on a limb here and say that rogues are rogues because they do not move in packs, they are

am i reading this correctly. your insulting a person that has made kick sassafrass mods for spore in his spare time. and who evrytime you enter spore mods or darkspore mods is the first person you see on google well this site is.

i will not pretend to even say i knw the first thing about modding. i dont. but if you think you can do beter than davo. try.

oh and sereusly "fail modders" youse proper english.

sorry for the rambling on davo. i hate people that insult others.
if you maniged to read my post well dun. as you see my spelling. is basically crap
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by TheUltraCube6723 »

inb4 flamewar

Seriously, limb. Just cut it down on the salt.

Also prove you can make better mods
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “» Stage - Creature”